Solar Panels and Home Battery

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
You have to submit the export application yourself, your installer will give you a handover pack with dates and serial numbers etc but it’s up to you to register it with Power NI

Says the installer registers it here

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I installed 5 deco Wi-Fi booster around the house also. Even one in the boiler house. Still no improvements.

On an unrelated note. I contacted NIE earlier as the guy who installed my units in Nov2021 said they will be in contact re the export setup and g98 application. The guy in the office said he has received nothing in regards to my address. And that this should have been done when it was installed year ago.

I have tried to contact the source @mike150 suggested. Bs Solar but no answer.
Send Barry of BS Solar a message if you can't get him. 07514726950

I haven't been talking to him in a while but he's always steady with work.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Says the installer registers it here

I applied for my own micro generation and used the info on the commissioning pack to register.

But you should have been given certification to prove it was tested and an MCS cert from memory

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
My folks are getting these issues now. No connection to the dongle. Any ideas.
Mine is in 3 years now and for some reason the dongle is now not even showing up as a wi-fi signal. Light on at the dongle but wondering is it faulty.

-herc-

RMS Regular
Mine is in 3 years now and for some reason the dongle is now not even showing up as a wi-fi signal. Light on at the dongle but wondering is it faulty.
Yep mine is now the same. Even my eddi is playing up.

No one has been in all morning - sun splitting the sky and this is my reading lol 😂

IMG_0777.png

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Well thats my reading submitted to power ni, my first full year of generation was 10598KWh, preforming as expected and payback more than ontrack. 16309KWh is my total generation in a year and a bit its been installed.

Well on track for a 3 year payback. and my bills are tiny compared to what they used to be, hopefully it shall continue.

-Ged

a4turbos

RMS Regular
Well thats my reading submitted to power ni, my first full year of generation was 10598KWh, preforming as expected and payback more than ontrack. 16309KWh is my total generation in a year and a bit its been installed.

Well on track for a 3 year payback. and my bills are tiny compared to what they used to be, hopefully it shall continue.

-Ged
That must be a big install?? 12.5 KW of panels or thereabouts??

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
3 year ROI? is that just on the panels? or associated components (inverter battery etc)

-herc-

RMS Regular
Got sorted with a contractor coming next week to overlook everything installed by the cowboy that previously installed it. He will check everything over so I can then contact NIE to get export looked at

-herc-

RMS Regular
How can this be. 20kw in one day and the night before was only 8.3.

Most of the 20kw was between midnight and 0600hrs.

Just submitted my monthly reading and I used 253kw which aligned to that reading of 20kw

Anyone any idea. ??

IMG_0953.png

IMG_0954.png

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully

Just submitted my monthly reading and I used 253kw which aligned to that reading of 20kw

Anyone any idea. ??

View attachment 411577

View attachment 411578

Those don’t look right as you’re not showing as consuming anything at all (that’s being generated).

Even on overcast days you’ll be generating something, yet you’ve exported without using first.

I’ve taken a screenshot of mine today in case it helps to see what I mean.

IMG_2633.jpeg

-herc-

RMS Regular
@Terry - thanks for this. I have BS solar coming out on Friday morning and will show him your screenshot and mine. Hopefully he can get it sorted as the panels aren't registered to NIE a year after installation thus getting another contractor out to look over everything as i'm not confident the guys that previously done it has done a decent job..

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR

Anyone any idea. ??

View attachment 411577

View attachment 411578
I wouldn't be concerned about not showing any consumption not he MyEnergi app, mine is the same as I don't have a CT clamp between the inverter and consumer unit.

What is a bit strange is how it flat lined the night before at about 500w juts before midnight and then after midnight its flat lined at about 2kw before dropping to 500w again, then at midday normal service resumes. Even if you had an appliance consuming all that extra energy at a consistent rate the graph wouldn't be as all other appliances would still vary.

What does it say in your inverters app?

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I wouldn't be concerned about not showing any consumption not he MyEnergi app, mine is the same as I don't have a CT clamp between the inverter and consumer unit.

What is a bit strange is how it flat lined the night before at about 500w juts before midnight and then after midnight its flat lined at about 2kw before dropping to 500w again, then at midday normal service resumes. Even if you had an appliance consuming all that extra energy at a consistent rate the graph wouldn't be as all other appliances would still vary.

What does it say in your inverters app?

I didn’t realise people wouldn’t have a CT clamp in there to get the reading - I couldn’t imagine using the app without it but appreciate it will be getting consumed irrespective then.

The large chunk of consumption through the night looks odd, I’ve not seen as smooth a graph as that before over that length of time.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I didn’t realise people wouldn’t have a CT clamp in there to get the reading - I couldn’t imagine using the app without it but appreciate it will be getting consumed irrespective then.

The large chunk of consumption through the night looks odd, I’ve not seen as smooth a graph as that before over that length of time.
I have an app for the inverter, it has all the relevant generation and consumption details, the MyEnergi one is merely for the Eddi.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I have an app for the inverter, it has all the relevant generation and consumption details, the MyEnergi one is merely for the Eddi.

Happy days, that makes sense. My inverter doesn’t have app support, so was flying blind until I got the myenergi installed.

-herc-

RMS Regular
Had Barry out from BS solar on @mike150 recommendation.

Everything is just wrong on my system. He is going to strip the panels on the front of the house as they are more north and do little work. He is moving them to the side of the house where it’s south/south west.

All the electrical work is not great with 32amp socket supply outside and cables thrown over the top of the roof.

Not great but hopefully will have the system up and installed better in few weeks

Also he will have it all registered and set up for me to contact NIE for export. I’ve already lost a years worth of supply as they were never certified!

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Had Barry out from BS solar on @mike150 recommendation.

Everything is just wrong on my system. He is going to strip the panels on the front of the house as they are more north and do little work. He is moving them to the side of the house where it’s south/south west.

All the electrical work is not great with 32amp socket supply outside and cables thrown over the top of the roof.

Not great but hopefully will have the system up and installed better in few weeks

Also he will have it all registered and set up for me to contact NIE for export. I’ve already lost a years worth of supply as they were never certified!
Hope you get everything sorted out.

There's a house near me with half the installed panels facing North and big Ni installer fitted them 🙄.

Just because they have a great website doesn't make them great 😃

-herc-

RMS Regular
Hope you get everything sorted out.

There's a house near me with half the installed panels facing North and big Ni installer fitted them 🙄.

Just because they have a great website doesn't make them great 😃

Yes he is going to sort it out in a few weeks. Said it wasn’t a great job. Fingers crossed with the movement of the panels it will generate more solar going forward.

-herc-

RMS Regular
Again today we apparently used 22kw. With majority of it between 0600-1400 when nobody was even home. ??

IMG_0978.png

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Do those readings tie up with what your smart meter says? Given your install is apparently so bad then it may be that these readings are simply wrong

wgray281

RMS Member
Drives
Focus RS
Looking at getting a system installed, which companies would you recommend and which to stay clear off?

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Looking at getting a system installed, which companies would you recommend and which to stay clear off?
KB Electrical Enniskillen good and don't stick the arm in. They have done panels and batteries for me with good aftersales service if there are any queries.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I had a few out and ended up going with BS Solar 07514726950, I was apprehensive as I wanted to go with one of the big well known companies but........I've subsequently seen and read what the other companies have done and glad I went with BS. No issues and nothing is a bother, 100%