Solar Panels and Home Battery

-herc-

RMS Regular
Any PIR lights? Water pumps? Septic tank pumps, anything like that?

I had a septic tank pump that was stuck on full time that I would never have noticed only for knowing what the house normally uses roughly and noticing it was way up on what it should be on what the Eddi was showing. Worked out it was on the garage circuit and from there realised it was the septic tank. Would've been a fortune is it was never discovered.
Yes the ring flood lights hard wired. All the lights are switched off though. I was told to leave the emersion switch on for the eddi to work the Hot water tank.

Only thing on is two Alexa, deco Wi-Fi system, sky broadband and the ring system.

But what I don’t understand is I never switch.m these off and one day I’ll get 0.8kw reading at 8am when I get up. Most mornings it’s around 2.5-3.5kw

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I doubt the Eddi is heating the water at that time of the morning. I know the boost button can heat the water manually when there's no solar to use but I'm not sure if it had a program setting either to heat water. When it was off, did the consumption stay the same?

Unfortunately I can only tell on the app what is being generated and on the Eddi what is being consumed at that time, I can't tell what's going on overnight. If it were me I would be turning off circuits on the fuse box overnight (within reason) to try isolate it to what circuit it is.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Has anyone any experience of the Solis app? Its constantly reading the exact same consumption as yield and imported. I tried disconnecting the CT clamps and still reads the same, is it an app issue?
View attachment 399515

This is with the building doing nothing, still shows a "consumption"
Looks like the CT clamp is on backwards, so you are actually exporting at 3.8 not importing. Consumption will be generation + grid, hence why they are adding up.

Jason

RMS Regular
Looks like the CT clamp is on backwards, so you are actually exporting at 3.8 not importing. Consumption will be generation + grid, hence why they are adding up.
They checked this and the wiring apparently all correct.

-herc-

RMS Regular
After chatting with the guy that installed my panels back at Christmas his guys didn’t register them to NIE.

It has been hassle after hassle now! How do I go about getting this all sorted. This month alone I have given 300kw back to the grid.

Should I get someone else out to overlook everything and get it registered

At a loss what to do.

Thanks

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
After chatting with the guy that installed my panels back at Christmas his guys didn’t register them to NIE.

It has been hassle after hassle now! How do I go about getting this all sorted. This month alone I have given 300kw back to the grid.

At a loss what to do.

Thanks

Im still waiting on NIE confirming my application for export 2 months on. It’s ridiculous there isn’t a time limit in place as they have absolutely no incentive to do it!

ilovequo

RMS Regular

At a loss what to do.

Thanks
You’ll be on the NIE system somewhere.
Call these guys, they’ll set all up for you on the export side… The export meter is only read once a year I think so you’ll get payment backdated at that stage
IMG_0457.png

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang

At a loss what to do.

Thanks

I registered my own online for micro generation. A guy came out to set the meter up and then it was all ok.

Already had one payment last year and will be a couple hundred this year.

Ghost

RMS Regular

At a loss what to do.

Thanks
Who did you use???

We literally had our microgen set up in an hour over the phone but did have to do it ourselves. The Installer said it wasn't in there remit.

-herc-

RMS Regular
Who did you use???

We literally had our microgen set up in an hour over the phone but did have to do it ourselves. The Installer said it wasn't in there remit.

I unfortunately went to a friend to do it. And only discovered afterwards he done it behind his company back which meant I got no receipts etc. he bought the panels and then installed them on the side .

had issues with the dongle then wanted the panels moved. It was one thing after another.

That’s why I think I need someone out to overlook it all and sign it off and get it registered for export.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
I unfortunately went to a friend to do it. And only discovered afterwards he done it behind his company back which meant I got no receipts etc. he bought the panels and then installed them on the side .

had issues with the dongle then wanted the panels moved. It was one thing after another.

That’s why I think I need someone out to overlook it all and sign it off and get it registered for export.

So sounds like you need an MCS certificate and then contact NIE yourself for micro generation.

-herc-

RMS Regular
So sounds like you need an MCS certificate and then contact NIE yourself for micro generation.
Right okay well this was his reply. What do I do or who can I contact. Think I need to get it sorted myself by someone.

I doubt you'd be feeding the grid until just very recently. I'll deal with it and nie. You don't need a certificate of installation. I got you one because it's nice to have and if you decided to sell you could show it to a potential buyer. That's there for me now. I will let you know once I've met him and had a chat.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Right okay well this was his reply. What do I do or who can I contact. Think I need to get it sorted myself by someone.

I doubt you'd be feeding the grid until just very recently. I'll deal with it and nie. You don't need a certificate of installation. I got you one because it's nice to have and if you decided to sell you could show it to a potential buyer. That's there for me now. I will let you know once I've met him and had a chat.

‘I got you one because it’s nice to have’ - nope it’s a requirement for installations to be certified and provided to the home owner for their records and a copy to be sent to let building control sign off, and also to provide as part of the G98 application.

So is he going to register it all for you? That’s how that message reads.

Alternatively just ask him to send you the information over and do it yourself. NIE is easy, online application, change of your existing meter to a twin reading meter and then into a ‘power ni renewable account’ different than your normal power ni account.

-herc-

RMS Regular
‘I got you one because it’s nice to have’ - nope it’s a requirement for installations to be certified and provided to the home owner for their records and a copy to be sent to let building control sign off, and also to provide as part of the G98 application.

So is he going to register it all for you? That’s how that message reads.

Alternatively just ask him to send you the information over and do it yourself. NIE is easy, online application, change of your existing meter to a twin reading meter and then into a ‘power ni renewable account’ different than your normal power ni account.
Apparently he paid extra to get me a certificate of installation and never got it from the lad he used to install the panels. He is due to meet him next week.

What do I need to ask for in regards of paperwork so I can do it myself.

Or can I get someone else In To over look the current set up and certify it for me? Or would I struggle to get someone to sign off someone else’s work?

I swear you ask a mate thinking you are helping him out and he does it dodgy and I’m left picking up the pieces.

-herc-

RMS Regular
anyone having issues with the MyEnergi app??

2300 hrs and apparently I’m giving back to the grid and to my eddi. Yet my solis says the panels are offline.

Also why am I getting huge spikes in energy these last few days ??

Attachments

• IMG_0449.png
    IMG_0449.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 17

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Check the lights on your hub to make sure you’re connected to the server. If needs be turn the hub off and on.

Those yellow triangles on your app mean there’s connectivity issues. Those readings won’t be accurate.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
10 years ago the installers did everything for you when I had the system installed. Had my first fault with the enphase system last month and one of the microinverters has stopped working on a panel. They were able to access it remotely and have agreed to replace under warranty (20 year warranty) How's that for service!! As I knew nothing about solar then I compared it to coil packs in cars and reckoned one for each panel was better than one big one that could knock everything off.

-herc-

RMS Regular
Is there another dongle similar to the solis one? I’m constantly having problems with mine. It’s been offline now a week. I reset it, re configured it, etc

Now my eddi keeps losing Wi-Fi signal

****ing thing is doing my head in now.

I don’t know if it’s the devices or a rubbish Wi-Fi. (I’m with sky broadband) but this is constantly an ongoing problem a year later

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Is there another dongle similar to the solis one? I’m constantly having problems with mine. It’s been offline now a week. I reset it, re configured it, etc

Now my eddi keeps losing Wi-Fi signal

****ing thing is doing my head in now.

I don’t know if it’s the devices or a rubbish Wi-Fi. (I’m with sky broadband) but this is constantly an ongoing problem a year later
I have had a lot of bother with the Solis app and dongle. Even at the start I had to speak to the South African guy in London for an hour to get it configured and mine has done the same as yours now. Have uninstalled app and starting at the beginning again. I have 900mb full fibre broadband so unlikely to be a wifi issue.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I had constant dropout periods on my daily graphs, had start solar on the case but no improvement.

I ended up getting some Deco mesh devices for the house (unrelated, just trying to extend our WiFi to the garages and back garden) and got rid of the BT WIFI disks and in the space of a month we have had only 1 drop out and I think our router just happened to **** itself that day.

If you have the ability to move whatever WiFi device you have closer to the dongle, it may help with the readings.

-herc-

RMS Regular
I installed 5 deco Wi-Fi booster around the house also. Even one in the boiler house. Still no improvements.

On an unrelated note. I contacted NIE earlier as the guy who installed my units in Nov2021 said they will be in contact re the export setup and g98 application. The guy in the office said he has received nothing in regards to my address. And that this should have been done when it was installed year ago.

I have tried to contact the source @mike150 suggested. Bs Solar but no answer.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
I installed 5 deco Wi-Fi booster around the house also. Even one in the boiler house. Still no improvements.

On an unrelated note. I contacted NIE earlier as the guy who installed my units in Nov2021 said they will be in contact re the export setup and g98 application. The guy in the office said he has received nothing in regards to my address. And that this should have been done when it was installed year ago.

I have tried to contact the source @mike150 suggested. Bs Solar but no answer.
You have to submit the export application yourself, your installer will give you a handover pack with dates and serial numbers etc but it’s up to you to register it with Power NI

-herc-

RMS Regular
You have to submit the export application yourself, your installer will give you a handover pack with dates and serial numbers etc but it’s up to you to register it with Power NI

I never received a G98 application. He never gave a handover pack. It was a cowboy job! This is my problem. Then then text me to say NIE should be in contact with me. Last week so I contacted them myself today.

Ghost

RMS Regular
I have had a lot of bother with the Solis app and dongle. Even at the start I had to speak to the South African guy in London for an hour to get it configured and mine has done the same as yours now. Have uninstalled app and starting at the beginning again. I have 900mb full fibre broadband so unlikely to be a wifi issue.
My folks are getting these issues now. No connection to the dongle. Any ideas.