NI Speed Weekend at Eikon Complex, Lisburn - Sun 28th, Mon 29th August 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: The Northern Ireland Speed Weekend is a celebration of Motorsport and Car Culture. Its a full on and revved up Festival experience with more action and interaction than anything else.

This August Bank Holiday Weekend the Eikon Complex, Lisburn will be alive to the sounds of horsepower as this year’s event roars into action!

Motorsport is the flavour of the day and you’ll certainly get you fill at the Speed Weekend.

A Live Action Sprint Circuit will be the stage for a phenomenal array of machinery, Race Cars, Rally Cars, Sports Cars, Classic Cars and more will battle it out for the fastest time and to claim the crown as the Speed Weekend Sprint Champion. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
I'll be there on Monday offering blips in the M4 as part of the 'Supercar Dream Rides' hopefully :grinning:

rotor_dude

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Power
has the NI speed weekend been held at the eikon complex before ?

if so, those that have been, what did you think of it for a car day out ?

also, how much is entry ?

Last edited:

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Raging, NI-BMW show on the 28th and I'm working on the 29th :worried:

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
I'm gonna go on the Sunday, reports from last year are somewhat off putting but if all else fails there's a round of the NI drift series taking place on site so that should provide entertainment alone!

Just noticed its Sunday and Monday, is Monday one of those holidays that only the civil service take? Best bit of the drift competition is likely to be Monday

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I'm gonna go on the Sunday, reports from last year are somewhat off putting but if all else fails there's a round of the NI drift series taking place on site so that should provide entertainment alone!

Just noticed its Sunday and Monday, is Monday one of those holidays that only the civil service take? Best bit of the drift competition is likely to be Monday
What were the bad reports ?

And yeah it's a Bank Holiday but we've started taking it as alot of our work is in council buildings and we'll have no access.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Just not being much for kids and being poor value for money, heard a few saying about it and read Facebook reviews etc.

Did look a bit sparse, but for a relatively new show/event, people's expectations were probably a bit high

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Just not being much for kids and being poor value for money, heard a few saying about it and read Facebook reviews etc.

Did look a bit sparse, but for a relatively new show/event, people's expectations were probably a bit high
The less kids the better , until parents learn how to control them !

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Its very well spread out there's no doubt but I've been at it before and am looking forward to going back this weekend,
So long as I don't get drafted into working on sunday!!

RickyMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much !
Im doing the sprint and drag in the v8 as the single seaters have a cc cap on them this year :-(

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Is this the same event as the Oyster festival supercar day from previous years held at spruce field??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.