MINI John Cooper Works GP

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
It definitely does, along with a ITG filter.

I had the same works airbox as the GP fitted to my old Cooper S, then I just removed the bulkhead flap and left the flap mechanics in place. Later I swapped it out for a much cheaper challenge car version that deleted the flap and suction assembly completely. The only issue with that is if you remove the flap assembly completely you have to reroute several suction pipes back to the standard cars layout, some people just plugged the suction pipe though in the past with a golf tee.

Must get round to fitting some of these parts.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I was the same giggled like a 12yr old with the whine of the super charger, then giggled even more when I lifted my foot off the throttle. :grinning:
What I loved was no matter how hard I pushed into a corner the wee car just kept going. Just a pity it was as reliable as a babies arse :p.
I literally titter like a teenage school girl every time the mini let's out a pop. Weeeeeeeeeee pop pop bang, 2nd gear weeeeeeeeeee pop pop burble bang, etc. Non res miltek was all that was needed for that. Hilarious!
@gav525 that is a stunning wee car

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Got back from work/holiday late last night so got stuck into the wee car today.

So far I've stuck a stubby aerial on, aero wipers, full LED lights inside plus number plate and sidelights. Also replaced the dipstick with a metal cravenspeed one as the standard plastic ones are known to snap the ends off into the sump!
I then remembered the MOT was up this week so booked one for this afternoon which the car promptly failed on a worn ball joint :worried:.
Was actually an advisory for the last 2 years looking at the history, but must finally have gone. No worries though, I'll stick a new one on tomorrow, should be an easy enough job.

Then i remembered I stuck my registration on it when I was away, so had to quickly stick the only plates I had already made up on it before going to the MOT. They were the same ones I had on the Audi and I think full size plates would look better on this. Was also the subject of some debate at MOT lol, but manager passed them as legal.

Apart from that I had a cracking drive to Downpatrick and back! Love it :laughing:

IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1688.JPG
IMG_1689.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
It's sitting in the garage next to it! Arrived this morning :laughing: The car is in Prentice getting serviced this Friday, so will be sticking it on after that. Don't want to start it tomorrow to then shear bolts/run into difficulties and miss my service booking lol
In fairness mine wasn't too bad to fit. Potential for 6 bolts on middle bracket that could cause concern but the rest can be cut out handily.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Can't wait for a rip in this. Wheels arrive yet??

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
In fairness mine wasn't too bad to fit. Potential for 6 bolts on middle bracket that could cause concern but the rest can be cut out handily.

Ah hadn't thought about that part being a c-unit, I was more thinking about the manifold to head bolts shearing! I'll have plenty time next week to work away at it though, I'll know who to ask when I run into issues now lol

Can't wait for a rip in this. Wheels arrive yet??

Wheels and brakes are in the country, courier lifted them from Essex on Tuesday so hoping for delivery tomorrow!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Ball joint replaced today and got a retest for tonight so full years ticket on the wee car now :laughing:

Nice simple job that would've taken less than 5mins had it not been seized solid on to the hub carrier!

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

Then got a couple of other wee jobs ticked off. Replaced a few rusty bolts with stainless ones that come as part of a kit. Just a cosmetic thing really, and the mirror and spoiler bolts aren't even visible but I feel better knowing they're done.

Mirror bolts:
IMG_1700.JPG

Intercooler cover bolts half done:
IMG_1699.JPG

Then last thing today was to fit the JCW gear knob and handbrake cover. Actually really like the way the gearknob feels compared to the standard one, way more positive feel to changing gear(for me anyways).

IMG_1705.JPG

It's in to Prentice for a service and good going over tomorrow so we'll see what other jobs that turns up. I'm only putting it in to keep the stamps up to date in the book, any jobs that need doing I'll probably do myself using genuine or uprated parts and keep receipts.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nice! Coming along well now mate! How are you liking the wee car? I still love taking mine a run.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Nice! Coming along well now mate! How are you liking the wee car? I still love taking mine a run.

Oh yes, filled it with fuel for the first time earlier and took the back roads home then up to Mallusk for the retest and loved it. Still need to give it a proper christening on my usual route up over Spelga Dam, hopefully next week though. Want the exhaust fitted first for that!

Nice! When you hoping to have the brakes and wheels on?

I'll get stuck into them over the weekend all being well. Was going to order new tyres, but going to try the Nankangs NS2R that are already fitted as they've only done 1000miles and have read some good reviews.

Do the GP come with same brakes as jcw as standard?

Yep they do mate

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Well the wee car was serviced today at Prentice and really impressed with the service I got. Not many cars I've had before which warranted keeping the service history up to date lol, but was good to get the GP a good going over.

All serviced and good to go, but it needs a driver side ball joint and also needs two brake lines. Sump gasket is weeping slightly an all, but all wee jobs I can do over winter. Shame it wasn't picked up before I bought it but sure....

So now to get the brakes, wheels and exhaust fitted! :laughing:

Courtesy car was a good job, would recommend a countryman to any families or mothers out there!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Awesome Gav, they really are special little cars

It'll be in with yourself for a ceramic coating at some point soon Pete, just got to find time! They didn't even wash it at Prentice today, phoned me and said the paint looks good so do you want us just to leave the washing? I appreciated that thought like. Definitely be back there!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Prentice are brilliant, Mark send alot of people our way and we do a bit of work for Stephen over in BMW. Never heard a bad word said about Prentice

Yeah had a few bad experiences with Bavarian when she owned the 1 series and really don't want to set foot in there again if I can help it. Prentice all the way from now on lol

I'll be in touch about the ceramic coating soon (y)

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Only one wee job today due to a the mother of all hangovers!

Fitted the ITG filter and removed the flap from the air box. Now the supercharger whine can be heard all the way through the rev range instead of only above 4k revs :laughing:

image.jpeg

MarkyMck

RMS Regular
Drives
F56&R53 JCW
Missed you when you were in! Sorry about that, end of quarter madness getting everything done.

Had a quick look around the GP out in the workshop! its a beaut. I would be inclined to take that JCW badge off the dashboard as its not supposed to be there. lol

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Missed you when you were in! Sorry about that, end of quarter madness getting everything done.

Had a quick look around the GP out in the workshop! its a beaut. I would be inclined to take that JCW badge off the dashboard as its not supposed to be there. lol

Ah was wondering if you were in work or not but couldn't see you in the showroom!

Cheers, I never knew that about the badge! There's that many JCW badges on the car I don't know what meant to be there and what's not lol. I'll whip it off tomorrow :grinning: