£40 winter restoration project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Spotted you at Sprucefield on Sunday evening, but it was too late to get the window down to hear the bodies! Was strange seeing one on the road again, looked well though.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
All your old pics aren't working. Maybe already mentioned in this thread but are these an Mi16 in a less pretty shell :-#

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
They're a lighter, faster better handling car with much better brakes than the 405 equivalent.

Hosting had expired! Just renewed it there so pics should be back soonish

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
I'll get some at the weekend.

Since this thread I've put a fully rebuilt XU10J4RS in it (Engine from a 306 GTi-6) with the 5 speed box though, and the throttle bodies.

Want to keep the XU9 as they're getting to be hard to find.

pheunos

RMS Regular
I'd love an 8, or a 5 GT Turbo or a first generation 5 Gordini or a 5 Maxi Turbo or a Clio V6 or a Spider... yeah you have a point. :p I'd have any Alpine over a 911. Wouldn't say no to a Safrane BiTurbo either. Sure someone has to like them...

I have a secret longing for an Aventime :oops:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Bit of a thread revival, but spotted this on my Facebook this morning and thought it looks angle-tastic!

bx-gti-jpg.99891

Do you still have it Marc?

Attachments

• BX GTi.jpg
    BX GTi.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 549

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
This brings back (bad) memories. I used to own a basic non-turbo diesel back in the day, but it was earlier type with the orange indicators and the drum style speedo that spun around past a window in the dash.
It gave me a lot of problems but your model was much better built, although not just as quirky inside.

Worst thing I remember was opening the boot when it was blowing a gale and the wind pushed the boot lid up and peeled the roof off as far as the drivers seat. It's just stuck on with adhesive. It was absolutely hilarious.
Can't remember the last time I saw one, and they used to be pretty common. Those 16v ones were real fliers in their day.
Good luck with it, great to see one alive and well again.
Uh, just noticed it's an old thread.

Reactions: dub

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I think bx's are awesome.still look pretty cool today.a mate in in work was telling me people are taking the engines out them to stick into 205's not good.i prefer the bx!

Cess

RMS Staff
I think the engines for most BX 16v and 405 Mi16s ended up in 205 GTis. Both are incredibly rare as a result.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I think the engines for most BX 16v and 405 Mi16s ended up in 205 GTis. Both are incredibly rare as a result.
That's wat I was told aswell.was kind of a sad thing to hear.Cause old skool citroens where the dogs balls

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.