'04 Facelift Technoviolet Individual e46 ///M3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Spied that on bca myself, looks well. Not being serviced from 2012 put me of tho (n)

Dont think its any shame in missing a BMW service stamp on an 11 year old BMW, I doubt very much it hasnt been serviced, last BMW stamp being 78k! Has the important run in service though

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
A missing service wouldnt bother me at all. My E46 M3 only had BMW up until 40k or something and I sold it with 66k with all remaining services being completed by a performance company.

As much as the purists crave BMW I go on how a car has been looked after and is presented to me on the day, if the history is there and the car looks as good as it drives im happy. Its a 10 year old car after all, wouldnt see me going near a dealer unless id warranty to preserve.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Dont think its any shame in missing a BMW service stamp on an 11 year old BMW, I doubt very much it hasnt been serviced, last BMW stamp being 78k! Has the important run in service though

Yea that's what put me off the car too & the fact the running in service was late! Not really big issues tho!

Should look well on the CSLs..

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
A missing service wouldnt bother me at all. My E46 M3 only had BMW up until 40k or something and I sold it with 66k with all remaining services being completed by a performance company.

As much as the purists crave BMW I go on how a car has been looked after and is presented to me on the day, if the history is there and the car looks as good as it drives im happy. Its a 10 year old car after all, wouldnt see me going near a dealer unless id warranty to preserve.
Exactly! I find most of the older cars I get in are packed with invoices etc as well as all the old MOT details and service history.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
LOL 300 miles late, jesus its an 11 year old car!!

400 miles late I think it was, but as I say, not really a big issue! Looks a fantastic example otherwise. Also a wee bit high on the mileage for me but I'm sure you got it at the right money!

CSLs & Teins would look very well, I've a set of teins here if you need them.

Good luck with the sale.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
In my experience 90% of people in this country looking for m3's dont even know what a run in service is, some can't even spell their own name, so I wouldn't worry.

A technoviolet with good paint looks awesome in bright weather!

IMAG0055.jpg

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
400 miles late I think it was, but as I say, not really a big issue! Looks a fantastic example otherwise. Also a wee bit high on the mileage for me but I'm sure you got it at the right money!

CSLs & Teins would look very well, I've a set of teins here if you need them.

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks, its the rarity of the colour that made me buy it! 391 miles if we are being accurate!! I'll see about the springs not sure what to do

PAULW

RMS Regular
The rarity of the colour and the condition will sell the car, if the wheels have a mark or two get them tidied up, CSL reps don't add value, they detract from the originality. Springs can improve the look, if they don't drop it too much but I'd be tempted to leave it as it was, an original one is a rarity, most are ruined with mods and the majority of buyers want an unmodified car, even if they later want to modify it themselves.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I usually dont get e46's to be fair.but techno violet is a proper winner. Plus the fact they are super slim on the ground i'd keep her pretty much standard.as for being 391 mile late for run in service who would ever have known or cared till this thread was posted. Get her polished up and some pictures in sunlight if possible :grinning:

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Ah ffs, parked up beside a lovely interlace e46 m3 this morning and now seeing this I want another one!

Stunning colour Jason, are you buying to sell or keep?

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Ah ffs, parked up beside a lovely interlace e46 m3 this morning and now seeing this I want another one!

Not sure yet Mel, hope to have it in yard this weekend or early next week so il see how i feel, we just got a 123d m sport coupe in white with red leather so plenty of m sports about lol

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

You're worse than a woman FFS!

I'd leave this original for resale purposes. If you do plan on keeping it and do modify it, just keep all the original parts and then you'll be able to put it back to standard.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
You're worse than a woman FFS!

I'd leave this original for resale purposes. If you do plan on keeping it and do modify it, just keep all the original parts and then you'll be able to put it back to standard.

I think given its rarity OEM is the way forward with this one, just refurb/mint the nuts of it!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Definitely one to keep original, lovely car. Avoid CSL reps and springs!

My mate used to have a Technoviolet E36 M3, such a nice colour, but a bit like Carbon Black, it has to be mint.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Definitely one to keep original, lovely car. Avoid CSL reps and springs!

My mate used to have a Technoviolet E36 M3, such a nice colour, but a bit like Carbon Black, it has to be mint.
Hard to avoid though when it suits them so well lol

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
The whole run in service fascination with M3's really makes me laugh. People literally have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to this. There are many scaremonger stories circulating that mondial wont cover a car should it have a late run in service.

This is total nonsense.

I know of several claims that have been honoured despite having a late run in on occasions thousands of miles late. The thought that a late service some 60/70/80K miles ago might suddenly have some impact on an engine is nothing short of laughable really. Any and every claim is viewed completely on a case by case basis and quite rightly so

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
The whole run in service fascination with M3's really makes me laugh. People literally have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to this. There are many scaremonger stories circulating that mondial wont cover a car should it have a late run in service.

This is total nonsense.

I know of several claims that have been honoured despite having a late run in on occasions thousands of miles late. The thought that a late service some 60/70/80K miles ago might suddenly have some impact on an engine is nothing short of laughable really. Any and every claim is viewed completely on a case by case basis and quite rightly so

My CSL had the running in service done late, I think it had over 1800 miles on it when it was completed. Never made any difference to the warranty, and it had A LOT of warranty work done! lol

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne

This is total nonsense.

The running in service is purely a re-sale thing for me. There are buyers out there who just will not buy an M3 if this is missing or very late (not having a go at Jason's car as most people wouldn't call his late at all).

On a separate note @chris_b when I was buying my Space Grey E92 brand new Bavarian told me they wouldn't entertain a warranty claim if the 1,000 mile check was not completed by a BMW dealer. I spec'd the 5 year service pack but even if I didn't I wouldn't buy a £60k car & then not get it done. Boggles my mind that people would buy a car of that value & not service it on time, it's made expressly clear at the time of sale & they even phone you to remind you!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
@Peadar resale is exactly what I mean, its total scaremongering and nothing more. I've seen people inc main BMW dealers not service M cars in time for the run in but my point is that it is blown completely out of proportion. Bavarian may well have told you that but that relates to a new car, in other words don't forget your run in service, go 1000 miles over then call us with a claim.

A car that now has, like I say, 60/70/80k miles or whatever on it and suddenly develops its first problem resulting in a claim - the late service has clearly no bearing on this whatsoever and how would it, some 58,800 miles later !!!

Mondial look at every case completely separately and look at all these thing inc service intervals then decide weather to honour a claim or not.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
So.......... Got her home and given a quick wash/dry, its probably the only colour i've ever stood and stared at.... and stared at some more, absolutely love it!

11029501_929546787069152_2016094101013447752_o.jpg

11001522_929546780402486_7698549666381868999_o.jpg

11043437_929546873735810_4987312399551142675_o.jpg

11072966_929546770402487_5195779973179606956_o.jpg

11025918_929546777069153_6205812264669441761_o.jpg

Overall really happy with it, first thing I done was checked rear subframe, thankfully very good, being from South of England (Enfield North London) it doesnt seem to have seen much salt and is nice and fresh underneath. Secondly it drives lovely and shows no signs of head gasket issues.

Plans are

Wheel refurb (seem to be polished atm so will most likely have it done again by Polished Alloys)
New Tyres
Inspection 2 service
New Badges
Front and rear bumper repaint (Not that bad just a few chips and annoying score on rear, may as well leave the car nice.)
Replace Mirror Glass (Gone milky)

Spec is impressive:

Glass Sunroof
Kerb Drop Mirror
Heated Seats
HK Sounds
TV
Sat Nav
Phone Kit

Pretty sure i'll keep it as OEM as possible too, better spending the money on keeping it tip top than silly CSL's/Teins!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.