1966 Half Cab Double Decker

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Up and down the a26 this evening to get a feel for things - still work to be done but improving each time
B98D6BE0-84B2-4E78-9AB3-C0F85CB71F5C.jpeg

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
Im nearly sure ive been on this at a friends wedding between the service and reception, i must see if i have the pics and see if its the same one. this was back in 2016 mind.
Looks fantastic and should be very popular.

Only thing would worry me about running something like that is the risk of a breakdown with 50 guests on board heading for a wedding. What’s the contingency plan there, is it a case of good maintenance and hope for the best or keep other vehicles and drivers at base waiting to go to the rescue?
on that note over the years of doing weddings im surprised about how many car companies don't have backups planned esp in some of the more older fleet.

ive got at least 5 brides that i can remember to church when the old car broke down and no backup where available during my wedding photography days

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Maybe a different one because this was in England until 2018 then in the south - we are the first owners in NI

Which leads me to my next point the paperwork/process to get this thing re-imported and then PSV tested is a balls. Anyone imported a vehicle from the south recently have a timeframe as to when I should get a V5C after sending off the V55 and other docs?

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Kidd Commercials outside Lisburn could be worth a try. They had a few older trucks in the yard last time I was there.

Absolutely epic vehicle, and a great use as wedding hire.

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
I am completely in love with that. Is she Maltese white out of curiosity?

Thats a really lovely looking classic.

Thanks both!! I’m honestly not sure @Rover Repair I could do with finding out! Lol. I’m almost sure the red is imperial crimson but again need to check.

If you’re ever Ballymoney direction, pop in and say hello, I would LOVE to see it and get some pics of it sat out the front.

Yes absolutely would love to! Are there any days you don’t normally be around the store?

Don’t stock Morris Lubricants by any chance need to get some engine and gear oil and some antifreeze mix

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Thanks both!! I’m honestly not sure @Rover Repair I could do with finding out! Lol. I’m almost sure the red is imperial crimson but again need to check.

Yes absolutely would love to! Are there any days you don’t normally be around the store?

Don’t stock Morris Lubricants by any chance need to get some engine and gear oil and some antifreeze mix

Don’t do any Morris stuff im afraid, but yes I’m there most days Monday- Friday!

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Seen her up & down the Prom the other night & meant to post about it!

Looks amazing, everyone was interested in it
Thanks Barry - if I’d known it was going to be so busy I would of had some branding on it or some flyers :laughing:

On a side note the Landrover beside me also appears to be 1966, thought that was pretty cool