1977 cb550 project for sale price drop

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stuarty7

RMS Regular
Drives
accord type s
Ive decided to sell my Honda cb550 k3 with a cb650 engine
This was a project I started 3 years ago then bought a house and that became the new project for the last year. The reason for selling is to fund towards a classic car I want.
I have spent almost £3000 altogether in the purchase of the bike, parts, blasting,paint and powder coating. Below I will list all the parts I have for the bike stating which parts are brand new.
New ignition coils
New front brake pads for both calipers
New wheel bearings
New engine gasket kit
New caliper rebuild kits
New rear brake shows
New rear brake switch
New tapered head bearings
New fork seals and dust covers
New wheel spokes
New led number plate bolt/light
New engine cam chain
New drive chain
New choke cable
New speedo cable
New oil filter
New starter solenoid
New carb rubbers
New spade type fuse box
New headlight
Other parts include 500t modified to fit the 550 frame, all bolts brackets etc dipped and zinc coated, Yamaha r6 shock with shock powder coated,
The front end for the bike is from a 1975/77 Honda Gl1000 (first ever goldwing) the reason for this front is the bigger forks 37mm twin discs as standard better calipers. This has been completely rebuild and modified so its a direct fit onto the 550 frame. These front ends in second hand condition sell for £300 to £400 alone never mind being completely rebuild and professionally painted. Ive converted the bike to run a monoshock from a Yamaha r6 which have stripped cleaned and rebuild with the spring powdered black. Swing arm has been modified to take a monoshock and has new bushes fitted.
You will see front the photos ive already had most parts blasted and powder coated, some parts I had painted instead.
The engine has been stripped as it hadnt run for almost 20 years and I planed to have it all blasted and painted before rebuilding it. The engine itself looks to be in excellent shape with all parts boxed and labelled.
Also the reg of this bike is XOI 5504 which is a private reg, these bikes are always referred to as a 550 4 making this a pretty valuable plate.
I will let the photos do the rest as I could go on all night.
wHTVph.jpg

Bp6n99.jpg

DLRD6y.jpg

2mCKkp.jpg

vXfSUH.jpg

f5ylkU.jpg

EDroNM.jpg

q5FUgs.jpg

WJ4zdi.jpg

wEkBHU.jpg

9skvNB.jpg

TsjJ23.jpg

qavCTv.jpg
qavCTv.jpg

Im looking £1500 for everything
The front end alone is easily worth £450
Rear shock £100
cb650 cam £120
The reg I would guess £600-£800
I have the tax book in my name
Contact me 07850131520
I would possibly sell without the front end if someone didnt want it

Last edited:

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Keep seeing this pop up on Gumtree. So tempted but the thought of putting together a bike someone else took apart scares the **** out of me

Dave..

RMS Regular
Keep seeing this pop up on Gumtree. So tempted but the thought of putting together a bike someone else took apart scares the **** out of me
I agree, it would be far easier to sell if the bike was built.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.