2005 Shogun Sport Warrior Tidy up!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Pauly

RMS Regular
Drives
Family bus
Ive had this Jeep since new and to be honest with you all, havent bothered to much with it in the last 12 months other than the odd wash. Ive clients coming in on Monday that I have offered to pick up from the airport, so between the two months of grime and all the baby gear inside it was time for a dam good clean.

Big Pete done a great job on the paintwork of my Jetta at Christmas, so I bought some dodo products in order to try to keep it in good nick. These have been used on the Mitsubishi today.

No insides atm, ill get that sorted tomorrow!

How it looked before I started:

detailpictureshogun066.jpg

detailpictureshogun067.jpg

Some dried in bird crap - nice!!

detailpictureshogun077.jpg

Very hazy and full of swirl marks, I have never put this car through a machine wash, but I know for certain the dealers have 8o|

detailpictureshogun087.jpg

detailpictureshogun080.jpg

detailpictureshogun091.jpg

Megs hyper car wash mixed with apc to make a weak foam sprayed through my B&Q 'gilmour' :laughing:

detailpictureshogun093.jpg

Started to work on the wheels - dont think I have all the tar removed from the insides, but at least its an improvement - From this:

detailpictureshogun069.jpg

To this:

detailpictureshogun145.jpg

Dried the car with a leather and towels and then started straight in the Dodo Lime Prime - no clay handy so had to skip that step.

Lime Prime applied by hand with a megs applicator, removed with MF.

50/50 on the drivers door (sorry pretty poor pic, but you can see the lack of swirls and some of the metallic flake coming through):

detailpictureshogun113.jpg

You can certainly see the difference when I steped back for another pic - the Jeep wasnt black it was grey!

detailpictureshogun112.jpg

Bonnet after just the Lime Prime:

detailpictureshogun119.jpg

Then the Orange Crush was applied with a megs applicator and removed with a MF - probably not the right dodo for Black - I bought it for my Jetta which is Tornado red - but it was worth a go:

detailpictureshogun129.jpg

Final wipe down with MF, AG Fast Glass and Tescos excellent tyre and trim spray and thats the motor completed. Total time - 5 hours.

The two stars of the day:

detailpictureshogun122.jpg

detailpictureshogun135.jpg

Finished Pictures:

detailpictureshogun140.jpg

detailpictureshogun141.jpg

detailpictureshogun142.jpg

detailpictureshogun144.jpg

detailpictureshogun148.jpg

detailpictureshogun147.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed and appreciated - Noel ;)

Lee

RMS Regular
:eek: Wow thats impressive!!!!

How did you manage to remove swirls by hand? And in 5 hours?

Much respect(y)

Ruth

RMS Regular
That came up very well :grinning: I'm sure you had sore arms after that lol

Pauly

RMS Regular
OP
Pauly
Drives
Family bus
I would be pretty sure there are still plenty of swirls there, but quite a lot were removed with the lime prime which was surprising.

As you say Ruth, sore arms are the order of the day.... Cheers for the comment folks.

tim

RMS Regular
Excellent Turn around mate! Quite astonished that you did that by hand! If you dont mind me asking, are you a from Jordanstown? Lynda?

ps. Get some pics of the Jetta up!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Very impressive.. Jeep looks a hell of alot better now (y)

Love these big yokes, and they are 1 of the best jeeps for off-roading, which you dont hear much about.. Too underestimated IMO...

Pauly

RMS Regular
OP
Pauly
Drives
Family bus
Thanks guys, pretty wrecked this morning but had a look outside and it was worth it!

@ Tim - From Lisburn mate, but did go to Jordanstown Uni so maybe you seen the car around there.

Ill get a few pics up of the Jetta when it gets a coat of dodo!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
wow noel! Cant beleive the lime prime done such an amazing job, some arms on ye lol!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.