200bhp Turbo Diesel Astra Sport Hatch!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
Only 100 being made according to the article. Tuned by Triple 8, the guys being the VXR Astra Touring Cars. All parts will be available retro-fitted though.

Front brake discs are 335mm :eek: And 400nm of torque. Immense. 40 mpg apparently.

Jonny

RMS Regular
car_portal_pic_24144.jpg

car_portal_pic_24145.jpg

looks very impressive

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Ah the diesel revolution continues, not long now till all you petrol boys give in and join us!!!!

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
r16vka said:
Ah the diesel revolution continues, not long now till all you petrol boys give in and join us!!!!

never .... with todays evo's putting out 350bhp out of the box ....i no which 2litre turbo id have

and considering honda can get 200bhp out of an integra without a blower ....im not impressed at all ...tho an improvement form old common rail dervs ...still a tractor with a bodykit+o(

stuarty500

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
BMW 330CI
I'd have to agree with you. Diesels should really only be in tractors, trucks and maybe vans and 4x4's and deff not in cars!

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Have either of you two driven any new diesels recently? I defy you to take that astra out for a test drive round a twisty road and not come back smiling. Diesels suffer away from the lights because they dont rev past 5k, but get them on a set of twisties with all that torque to play with out of every corner, its a great way of getting form A-B with a smile on ur face!

oh and try getting 40mpg+ in a evo 9 mrfq340 (which by the way only has 35Nm more torque than that astra!!! 435 compared with 400!!!)

Ruth

RMS Regular
I have to admit i went through a stage of wanting a "quickish" diesel car, but when you get into a petrol car again you cant help but prefer it! I dont think ive ever heard a diesel that sounds good!

That astra looks good in white tho, great for people who need performance and good mpg! Id prob buy one if i ever had to do big mileage.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
that'd be impressive if it wern't for the vauxhall badge!! lol

Ditto to the diesel argument.... unless you're spirited driving everywhere.

diving to and fro work everyday, you can't argue against the benifits of the oild burners.... i'll be changing to one soon. as long as the weekend toy remains petrol.. lol

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
500 miles to a tank of juice, and being able to overtake without thrashing through the gears is pretty handy. Oh, and the James Bond style smoke screen for those tailgaters is fun too. :grinning:

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
Cess said:
Only 100 being made according to the article. Tuned by Triple 8, the guys being the VXR Astra Touring Cars. All parts will be available retro-fitted though.

Front brake discs are 335mm :eek: And 400nm of torque. Immense. 40 mpg apparently.

some one to play with

Ive ordered a new 330d sport, 0-60 in 6.7 seconds and top speed limited to 155, 231bhp. mpg never came into my head when i bought it. it sounds good too. anyone ever notice that the majority of people that slag off diesels drive small petrol cars that frankly wouldnt pull you out of your bed?!

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Hmm, at least a petrol engine doesnt need either big capacity or forced induction to make decent power, plus the small fact that a petrol engine will actually rev OVER 5k rpm

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Out of all the Diesels i think i'd have the BMW 535 :laughing:

I wonder what way the above astra fairs compared to the likes of the ST TDCI Mondeo - loevely car inside and out with a brave amount of torque - although i don't think it's quite at 400nm

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
st tdci is at exactly 400Nm, mine is lagging behind at a measly 330Nm :sob: roll on the remap!!:imp:

Ryan-B

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 VW Golf R32
I have to defend the diesels..always thought i wudnt have one too... but i have 200bhp on tap and only needa fill her up every 10-14days instead every 2-3 days like my type-R and clio v6...plus the beemers a better driving car than both even tho the type-R was an awesome car to drive and to listen too...+ im not a miser i just have more money to spare now that i wudda spent on petrol i now spend on modding,holidays,clothes etc and so on...I like the astra and it comes well equipped with those massive brakes and kit...
Who cares if you drive a petrol or a diesel??? both have their advantages and disadvantages... Jus depends wot u want from your car....tho diesels are definatly upping their game and power compared to diesels in the past..
and breath....lol sorry took so long

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.