3rd party extensions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Matt123

RMS Regular
Hello all, a little help required if you please.

My insurance renewal's up in february and whilst I've already got a pretty nice quote, it would be really useful if I had a 3rd party extension on my policy. Does anyone know who will give me one, bearing in mind I'm only 19 and have one year's no claims because bell don't seem to :worried:

Thanks a lot everyone

Matt

Edited to say: The policy's in my own name btw

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
what do you mean by a third part extension? Do you mean to drive other cars? Anytime i've taken out an insurance policy, its allowed me todrive other peoples cars with their permission, although it was only third party cover.

Matt123

RMS Regular
OP
M
yeah that's exactly what i mean. as far as im aware most insurance companies want u to be over 25 before they give you this so i need to find the ones that this isn't the case. anyone?

Matt123

RMS Regular
OP
M
ooo, that's handy. Just got a quote from them and it's not bad either. Could someone have a wee look at their website and try to find some terms and conditions about driving other cars when you have a TPFT policy cause ive had a long look and can't find anything about it.

Many thanks again
Matt

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
check first, alot of them changed it recently that you had to be 25 due to some discrepency in the law.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Richy said:
quinn directs TPFT policy lets u drive other cars. mine does anyway.

really? they wouldnt let me drive other cars with a fully comp policy until i was 25.

Matt123

RMS Regular
OP
M
it says on the website that you can, and there's not a little asterisk beside it saying that you have to be over 25 to get that bit of the policy. i think ill have to call them closer to renewal time

rosie

RMS Regular
Drives
anything that bl
tbh i have been told by almost 100% of insurnace companies i've got quotes off that this is being clamped down on under 25's. It was designed for emergency use only but people have been using it as a way to drive what they want a lot cheaper.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.