4 stud conversion parts for 106

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DanN92

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2 Polo 16v
hi i am looking to convert my 106 from 3 stud to four stud as i am buying new alloys
does anyone have everything to convert this such as:

rear beam
front discs and calipers
driveshafts
wishbones
struts
etc...

and all else what is needed
i would prefer these to be gti parts :grinning:

DanN92

RMS Regular
OP
DanN92
Drives
6n2 Polo 16v
im really after gti parts but not sure if there would be any about
how much are you looking for the full conversion?
and what condition are they in?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
If ur lookin to put discs on the rear u might need the rear beam ( dunno cuz never done it) but if u just want 3 stud to 4stud conversion on the rear you don't need the whole rear beam, u can swap the hubs just. Wud be far cheaper. I picked up a 3 stud axel for free when mine collapsed, and swapped my hubs onto it.

DanN92

RMS Regular
OP
DanN92
Drives
6n2 Polo 16v
yes i know you can just swap the hubs over
anybody got the full lot?
i heard that if i am converting i need to make sure that its off another 1.1 as if it is off anything else i will need to change driveshafts, wishbones etc...

Maxwell

Banned
well mate if your doing a conversion, i will sell you the engine, ecu and loom, as well as rear axle, so there would be your drivetrain and suspension set up.

all you would need is shafts and a gearbox, in which its best to use a series 1 106 rallye.

DanN92

RMS Regular
OP
DanN92
Drives
6n2 Polo 16v
how will it be my suspension set up?
i need struts and all that too :confounded:
like calipers, discs, struts etc...

CM Motorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
MG ZS
If ur lookin to put discs on the rear u might need the rear beam ( dunno cuz never done it) but if u just want 3 stud to 4stud conversion on the rear you don't need the whole rear beam, u can swap the hubs just. Wud be far cheaper. I picked up a 3 stud axel for free when mine collapsed, and swapped my hubs onto it.

This guy is right it is certainly the easiest and cheapest way of doing it, we have done them piles of times on rally / sprint cars, very easy done you can use diesel, petrol it doesnt matter. And yes there is loads of variations / differences in the shafts but it doesnt make that big a difference.

Maxwell

Banned
This guy is right it is certainly the easiest and cheapest way of doing it, we have done them piles of times on rally / sprint cars, very easy done you can use diesel, petrol it doesnt matter. And yes there is loads of variations / differences in the shafts but it doesnt make that big a difference.

providing you already have all the stuff there thats the cheapest and easiest way, but your talking £45 + vat for a stud pin end (x2), then there is the 4 stud hubs (x2) then calipers, discs and then abs sensors and the equaliser etc so your actually easier buying a 106 gti/rallye or saxo vtr/vts rear axle complete.

this lad is doing a conversion, so less likely to have all the parts, to covert onto his 1.0/1.1 axle. btw pm'd you dan

CM Motorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
MG ZS
True, but at the sametime you can buy a 106 diesel now for about £100 - £150 with everything you need, plus you can scrap the shell and get £50 - £70 back from that so it leaves a real cheap conversion, certainly for competition use the rear disc conversion is the answer.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.