6 points and £60 fine for front window tints !!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I like your thinking but I was actually meaning the like of these 'cool' guys...

dturb.jpg

burqa-03.jpg

Edit - no offence intended by the way. Just reminded me of it.

A4RON

RMS Regular
OP
A4RON
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
But didn't?
He gave him 7 days to have them removed but he said he's not for doing it

I always thought the fine for front window tints was 3 points and £60 this was the only reason why I even posted this.

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
Tighten him, the cop is trying to be decent with him. Tell him to wise up or a judge will put manners on him

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack

I always thought the fine for front window tints was 3 points and £60 this was the only reason why I even posted this.

That will end well. Bravado is all well and good, but he's simply going to end up with no tints anyway, and a £60 fine or worse on top. After that comes the sore arse. Tell your pal to stop being a knob jockey, being a 'rebel' is just idiotic over something as petty as removing tints.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Either way the cop gave your mate a byball by using his discretion (which he didn't have to tbh, how the **** does he drive at night?) I'd say if he's spotted again with them (or fails to show they're removed within 7 days) he's ****ed

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The cop will simply drag him to an MOT station where they will fail the car.

I hate tints on front windows, personally. Is your friend a drug dealer, celebrity or any other reason he doesn't want anyone to see his face when driving? :p

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

So really...in this case...the title of the thread should be.

The wonderful cop didnt give him any points, and was very generous giving him time to remove the ****y looking things obscuring his vision of the road making it dangerous to drive.

So he should be thankful, even if the cop was probably talking out of their arse about the points etc

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've light tints on the fronts of mine. I rather like them. Must be getting all JDM, yo.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Have had front tints on every daily car that i've owned, never had a problem.
Lights tints on the front, nothing stupid looking and have the window already rolled down if you see that your coming up to a checkpoint and you'll be fine

A4RON

RMS Regular
OP
A4RON
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
Have had front tints on every daily car that i've owned, never had a problem.
Lights tints on the front, nothing stupid looking and have the window already rolled down if you see that your coming up to a checkpoint and you'll be fine

I run light tints on mine at the front and medium on the rear of my polo

BobSpounge

RMS Regular

Your mate is clearly a first class wab. I reckon he'll see the light though :cool:

My wife has tints in her hair and has never had a problem with the nee naws.

Last edited:

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
The cop will simply drag him to an MOT station where they will fail the car.

I hate tints on front windows, personally. Is your friend a drug dealer, celebrity or any other reason he doesn't want anyone to see his face when driving? :p

Dogging?

Reactions: Gaz
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.