a-kem automotive

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
looking for a few unbiased reviews on articulate before I order 25litres guys,

Currently using anachem snowfoam and find it is a good job but I don't find any snowfoam too effective on wheels or bug splatter tbh

Does articulate do a good job on wheels and bug splatter in the warmer months?
It's the best safe one I've used, think it was autosmart that was slightly better for brake dust but it would burn your eyes out if a breeze caught it, seriously acidity which definitely wouldn't be good of paint, polish or aluminium/chrome trim.

Other than that I used nearly 5 or 6 others that aren't as good and don't work out cheaper.

it's probably the cheapest when brought in 25ltrs, then given the dilution ratio just makes it cheaper again.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I was told about how good another brand of a citrus pre wash

The "citrus" stuff is just citric acid, probably the biggest scam of them all. You can buy it by the kg as a powder on ebay or in your local Tescos/Sainsbury's for next to nothing. Common preservative for jams and whatnot.

When you look at the price of that, and then what they charge for a weak solution in a bottle with a "detailing" brand on it, well, snake oil comes to mind!

I thought it was pretty useless too for bugs and stuff, had better result rubbing a lemon on the car, lol :p

The citric acid is brilliant for cleaning rust off car parts though. But same story, just buy it by the kg off ebay. No need to pay a fortune for the same thing with a "car restoration" brand on it.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Hi Ross what would you recommend for cleaning an oven with little effort. The Brillo pads take a lot of scrubbing

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I was told about how good another brand of a citrus pre wash was and how effective it was

As @svensktoppen says, citrus degreasers are a bit of a con, and I mean that in the most honest way possible without talking about any one product or brand in particular.

the base product in most of them is a product called d-limonene, which is a solvent, ergo dissolves oils and waxes...... in other words your expensive waxes, sealants and with repeated usage rubbers etc. In concentrated versions, it can be used for paint removal also. It because it is 'eco-friendly' due to its renewable source product that it's a whole new buzz product.

As you can maybe guess, I'm not a big fan of it for the automotive cleaning industries

Hi Ross what would you recommend for cleaning an oven with little effort. The Brillo pads take a lot of scrubbing

Lazer for normal home ovens, or we do a fantastic oven cleaner which are used in commercial ovens and leave them pretty much like new.

Ross any plans for something like iron x

A long time coming mate. And it will be .

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
How much is the waffle towel thanks? What way do you dilute the snow foam do you mix it in a container then pour it into the snow foam lance bottle?

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's for a home oven how much is the lazer cheers.

It dilutes 1:50, or even 1:100 for the kitchen. Goes a long way. Brilliant for cooker, worktops, cabinets, fan, etc. Just spray on, use a brillo pad or dishbrush if things are dried in, and then wipe off. Job done.

Great for doing dishes too!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
It dilutes 1:50, or even 1:100 for the kitchen. Goes a long way. Brilliant for cooker, worktops, cabinets, fan, etc. Just spray on, use a brillo pad or dishbrush if things are dried in, and then wipe off. Job done.

Great for doing dishes too!
It's also great for cleaning watches, jewellery etc. And my scuba diving stuff. Especially through an ultrasonic cleaner.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can believe that Ross, have seen what it does to oil, grease, and gunk on car parts and bikes.

Plus totally safe, no nasty solvents to mess up rubber and plastics and seals or anything. Never mind your head.

Brilliant stuff (y)