a little lower

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Pac-Man

Banned
Nah it shouldnt have any short term effects i don't think, my car is handling very well at the minute. I do about 500 miles a week so will be able to tell pretty soon if the dampers are getting worse or not.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
good, i do about 600 or so a week, so ill wait a few weeks to see if your dampers go, then shop accordingly :grinning:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Ev206 said:
Why not lower it the amount of mm you want instead of doing silly things with notches
Thats the way I lowered mine, measured from the bottom of the arch to the brake drum, and moved it up 40mm!

Pac-Man

Banned
Looking at that pic, i'd say mine is definitely lower than amg306's, although the bigger alloys he has maybe makes it decieving to the eye.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I've 40mm springs in the front, but I don't want it any lower, it's bad enough on the roads where I live!!!!
I have a pic somewhere with the standard Dt wheels on it, I'll see if I can find it!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
see, thats the thing. at my age, my sensible side is beginning to overtake my "trendy" side :worried:

though with 60mm springs in mine, i reckon it'd bring it down to the same as yours

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Here it is with the 14's:
62136135.jpg

62135715.jpg

And side on with 17's
63417895.jpg

Would like it a tiny bit lower at the front for the look of it, but it would just be too impractical!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
thats a good height. what does it look like formt he other side? :roll:

i saw a wreck of a 405 in portadown today, with cyclone alloys :x

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lyons said:
thats a good height. what does it look like formt he other side? :roll:

i saw a wreck of a 405 in portadown today, with cyclone alloys :x
Mine is a bit rare in that it sits the same at both sides!!!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
:eek: mines starting to annoy me, nothing can be done though, apart from driving with as little petrol as possible

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
its true, in retrospect i realise tweed jackets and tarten dunchers are far from cool

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Cheers im attempting to lower the 306 myself in the next couple of weeks, so appreciate the advice about lowering the back.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I know its a c**t of a job doing the torsion bar but im going to give it a go.
I'd rather do it myself if i can at least i know its been done properly and cheaper to!

Cormac

RMS Regular
anto 306 said:
Cheers im attempting to lower the 306 myself in the next couple of weeks, so appreciate the advice about lowering the back.

I agree with pac man id get someone else to do it, i did the first time i lowered mine but had to replace the axle bushings and done it myself which i found that by removing the axle from the car is car handyer to do!!!

Cormac

Pac-Man

Banned
Pay someone else to do it and then all the problems are theirs, for the sake of £40, i know i was glad i didn't have to arse about with it. :grinning:

Cormac

RMS Regular
I dunno how anyone would take payment of 40 quid to lower a torsion job, tis a fecker of a job, Plenty of WD40 does help alot tho :grinning: and a gud sleging arm!

Cormac

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Already replaced the rear axle in it cos it was f**ked so if its easier to do it with the axle out il do it that way.
If worst comes to worst then il take it to someone to do.
I really don't like parting with money of i don't have to.

Cormac

RMS Regular
Its deff easyer sleging at it on the ground than in the air!!! If someone was gonna do it for 40 quid tho id seriously consider it cause it would save u loads of hassle!!

Cormac

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.