A4/A6 Avant or Passat, Golf, Octavia 1.8T

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
It probably is reasonable, but I've been watching Octavias and Quattros for weeks on eBay an know what they can be had for! 04 1.8T S-Line avant went for £2450 yesterday! That's ebay prices though, equivalent Usedcarsni etc would be far more.

The eBay ones aren't really realistic and not a true reflection of their value.

Thats very cheap. I suppose if its handy enough for you to travel to get it your could get an ebay bargain.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
How am I a dreamer?! I've seen them go for that! The 1 previously mentioned in this thread was £975.
but did it now have 150k on it.
I dont think thats a bad price for it IF it was another colour.
Most Vag 1.8T stuff for that price has 150k on it, rubbish colour or something obvious with it.
There is a 1.8T 4x4 estate on Briskoda with 235bhp - he's looking £3k - now that is over priced.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It had 120k.

Regardless of miles, an Octavia can still be had for that money, no dreaming involved!

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
It had 120k.

Regardless of miles, an Octavia can still be had for that money, no dreaming involved!
Oh i know they can be picked up cheaper than other VAG counterparts - i know this as i have just bought 2 - but i dont think they offer less prestige over a passat or a4.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
A6 Avant 1.8T quattro with 153k on the mainland for £750. 12 months MOT and cambelt at 130k.

Engine management light on intermittently but apparently it's just a lambda sensor.

Just waiting for a bit more info.

I need to grow a set and take a punt with something like this and DIY it gav525 style.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
A6 Avant 1.8T quattro with 153k on the mainland for £750. 12 months MOT and cambelt at 130k.

Engine management light on intermittently but apparently it's just a lambda sensor.

Just waiting for a bit more info.
I need to grow a set and take a punt with something like this and DIY it gav525 style.

Whereabouts, if it's near me I could have a look for you.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thought about the Impreza Wagon mate, but need low insurance as it'll be a second car.

Babybooster, it's in Bristol...?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Ooft I fly from Bristol on every Friday, you may be in luck! If its there to see during the day and I don't get delayed on the motorway I may be able to pop by.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, brilliant! The chap is away on business until Wednesday.

I'm waiting to hear back about a couple of queries, but that could certainly be very useful! I'll keep you posted sure.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Gav it's more than I'm looking to spend really especially that its bit an estate, so I dot think he'd be able to drop it down to what I'd be prepared to pay.

Thanks for the offer though (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Also looking a Passat, Golf or Octavia estate 1.8T.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, that is pure dodgy. Theres been an ad posted for it in just about every town in the UK! Appreciate the spot though (y).

B5.5 Passat Sport 1.8T Estate is top of the list at the minute, sadly theres far more saloons than estates though.

Mk4 Golf 1.8T Estate would be fantastic too, but none in the UK with sub 110k miles!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Lol, that is pure dodgy. Theres been an ad posted for it in just about every town in the UK! Appreciate the spot though (y).

B5.5 Passat Sport 1.8T Estate is top of the list at the minute, sadly theres far more saloons than estates though.

Mk4 Golf 1.8T Estate would be fantastic too, but none in the UK with sub 110k miles!

Thought it was too good to be true lol

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Dropped you a pm Lyons, I'm going to pop mine up for sale end of this week/start of next. Pictures are on here somewhere.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Yeah, I would get a couple of quotes on a classic impreza estate or maybe bugeye estate just to see. It will be infinitely more fun than any of that VAG nonsense (I've had a couple of Bora s and Passats)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
My head is absolutely wrecked looking for something. I had a notion of an Impreza a few weeks ago, but got fed up looking for a standard one.

A Turbo 2000 Wagon would indeed be epic, but I want something sensible for the wife to drive to work in the winter and she'd be afraid to drive a Subaru Turbo!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
LOL at the A8, king pimping.

I've literally looked at every Passat 1.8T Sport for sale online today, I feel like Jas Lad.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.