After-market M3 lights..Opinions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
Got them out there jus before the snow!! now to start ripping them apart..

Evil look

evilut6.jpg

Jason

RMS Regular
Was it ****, dropped an extension below the brake duct and had to jack the car up, rip the guards off to get it!! in the pissing rain!!

Jason

RMS Regular
As per andy's pics

Clips undone

dsc00066on0.jpg

Lenses cut out + glass cleaned

Also worth while giving the rubber seal on the unit a good sqeeze as its full of water usually, esp down the bottom, blast it with the hairdryer to dry it out

dsc00067vq4.jpg

Headlight all clicked back together

dsc00070ck8.jpg

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Looks a bit unfinished imo, I prefer them lensed.. horses for courses I guess :grinning:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
no way mate - delensed makes such a difference - Jas, get yourself a xenon HID kit got now!!!

Jason

RMS Regular
eibachs
braided clutch line
dave F kit
uprated brakes as disk's are a bit thin on it
THEN il see about HID's maybe a birthday pressie in april

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
got ym abgel eyes yesterday and decided to fit them this mornin...instruction for fitting them were brilliant but jas-lad n pabs give a few wee extra pointers which made it even simplier

i took note of the missing extension bar problem and used a t-bar effort which meant that wen i dropped it it just stayed up-top, there was noway i could have unclipped the indicator holder by hand...was too tight.

Just waitin on the bonder drying now n then i gotta solder up the rings to the invertor and put the headlight back together.

One prob i think im gonna have is how to get at the inner bolt (nearest the number plate on the passenger side? Only thing i can think of is take the airbox out so i can get at it from behind. Any better ideas???

Pete

Jason

RMS Regular
I found it easiest to unclip the indicators by wedging a screw driver against the headlight and pulling it out, far too small for your hands to get down there, going to refit mine tomorrow morning or sat

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
yeh but i couldnt get my hand in to lift the bolt out so hadda lift it wen i took the lights out...problem is how am i gonna get it back in!!!

Pete

Jason

RMS Regular
Was going to say looks as if the headlight was out before and there was maskin tape wrapped round one of the bolts!

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
first chance ive had to update, got em fitted dead on using the maskin tape idea...all workin well so im chuffed!

Think Pablo said one time before bout havin to upgrade the headlights cos they look pish and he was quite correct! Headlights looked really yellow beside the rings so i ordered a set of Ring Sportzblue blulbs and they came this mornin so hopefully that'll look much better 2nite :laughing:

Again thanks for all ur help Pabs and Jas, it was much appreciated!!

Pete

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
heres a pic off my fone, im not really a pictures sorta person.

doesnt look as blue as real life, an they are seriously bright which i wasnt expectin

Think i didnt put the drivers light back together right, wee mitta condensation in it.

Pull it out 2morrow, clean, dry and close it up :laughing:

Attachments

• e36_angel_eyes.jpg
    e36_angel_eyes.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 56

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
well ive ordered a new camera so ill have it 2morrow and thats the perfect excuse to clean the car and get some proper pics up

Pete

STE_vie

RMS Regular
every good bmw has some headlight eyebrows and some nice lexus rear lights imo. i saw one in antrim with the above and a massive evo style spoiler, was minted up.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
lexus lights....not for me and big wing doesnt appeal to me either

never seen the eyebrows but im wary of them...any pics?

Pete

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
nah ill not bother.

u ever fit m3 rear mudflaps to ur wagon pabs?

not as easy as i had anticipated :confounded:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.