air filter/induction kit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
can anybody tell me what air filter of induction kit would be best for a 2003 honda civic type r.i was thinking of an aem induction kit do you no if they are any good.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
AEM has/is being used by a few members now or in past and ppl have said its meant to be good...

Use the search function as theres been a few topics on this recently :grinning:(y)

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I don't much much about type r's but for the crx vtecs and civics i know the long reach aem that sits far away is usually much sought after, although quite expensive.

Other than that maybe an enclosed one like a BMC cda or a Pipercross viper?

Personally speaking i'd put a good panel filter in it but as said i duno much about them and whether their standard setup is restrictive or what.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
BMC are certainly a good job .... whatever you go for make sure it's a proper kit mounted down low with a cold air feed and not just a cone stuck beside the engine.

Gaz

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
sorry i thought this was about a seat ibiza....

iv been in alod of CTR's with the aem kits in them, theyr a great job, and sound amazing when it hits VTEC

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
ITG's are the absolute shiznit. Not cheap but what you pay for is what you get and all that.

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
the best/recommended will go on this car. his last civic was well done too. air filter in the region of 300 iirc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.