Alfa Red Giulia Quadrifoglio

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Got a new phone, that one's came out quite well!
(Pixel 7 pro)

PXL_20230531_191837482~2.jpg

Great run out tonight enjoying the weather.
Loving driving this thing more each mile.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
If you were interested in carbon seats there's a local owner looking to swap his out for standard seats before selling mate.

I know you may want to keep the heated electric option though.

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
If you were interested in carbon seats there's a local owner looking to swap his out for standard seats before selling mate.

I know you may want to keep the heated electric option though.
I'm a wide for those I'm afraid!! (Or they are too narrow) 😂

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Bloody ppf!!!! Why spend the price of a respray putting sticky back plastic on a car that damages the paint!
The front bumper seemed to have been resprayed a couple of years ago, and then ppf added soon after. The ppf was coming away at the edges, so needed to come off, except it took a good lot of paint of with it. I'm guessing it was applied before the paint had cured.
PXL_20230705_145121908.jpg

The bonnet was completely ppfed as well. Just spent a horrible couple of hrs with towels and boiling water, thankfully it came off with no issues. Booked in to get bumper resprayed after the holidays, I'm getting the holes flushed so I can put on a sticker numberplate, should be a bit tidier.

PXL_20230705_145112128.jpg

J55NI

RMS Regular
Unlucky with the PPF. Colour matching the bumper will be tricky enough i would imagine also.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
It’s such an over rated product. Wouldn’t have it near any of my own cars.

PPF over any panel that is refinished is a 90% chance of lifting clear on removal, what’s the point lol

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Unlucky with the PPF. Colour matching the bumper will be tricky enough i would imagine also.
The previous respray wasnt a great match , so Im hoping they can at least do better than that

J55NI

RMS Regular
The previous respray wasnt a great match , so Im hoping they can at least do better than that
Have you decided who will paint it? Smoothing the number plate holes is a great shout also :grinning:
It’s such an over rated product. Wouldn’t have it near any of my own cars.

PPF over any panel that is refinished is a 90% chance of lifting clear on removal, what’s the point lol
Shocked to hear about the lifting on removal is so frequent. Would this be the same for the more "Expensive" PPF film on the market?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Have you decided who will paint it? Smoothing the number plate holes is a great shout also :grinning:

Shocked to hear about the lifting on removal is so frequent. Would this be the same for the more "Expensive" PPF film on the market?

It’s no different. It’s the strength and nature of the adhesive. Also the same if you had a painted panel vinyl wrapped

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I would argue its the fault of whoever applied it rather than the ppf itself. Applied too soon after it was resprayed and/or the quality of the respray. The ppf Installer might not even have been aware it had been painted either.

Using steam would have been easier and safer to use for removing than boliing water but glad you got the bonnet off safely.

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Got the bumper painted a couple of weeks ago - (they did a really good job matching the paint - its pretty much perfect)
Then in to @big_pete to mirror finish and ceramic coat. Thanks Pete - I know you were under the weather this week. Car Looks a million dollars.
Changed the rear badge to a genuine black one, and ftted a 3/4 stick on front plate and a plastic rear plate rather than the metal one I was running.

Looks brand new again :cool:

PXL_20230813_122135919.jpg
PXL_20230813_130518588.jpg
PXL_20230813_130655147.jpg
PXL_20230813_130644497.jpg
PXL_20230813_130625286.jpg

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Meant to ask you @big_pete , are there any products you'd recommend to use on the black plastic around the diffuser?

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Colortec near the MOT centre in Lisburn - First time I've used them and would def recommend. Was talking to the painter when I collected it , and he mixed and sprayed a test swatch several times before he was happy with the colour.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Colortec near the MOT centre in Lisburn - First time I've used them and would def recommend. Was talking to the painter when I collected it , and he mixed and sprayed a test swatch several times before he was happy with the colour.
Looks like a great job. Must keep them in mind for future work.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Lovely looking car that, paint looks great. That’s interesting about the PPF. I was going to get mine done as it’s had a respray and they are notorious for bad chips being so low, I’ve already noticed a few on the front of it and don’t want it to get peppered.

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
I used Colourtec for the black wing mirrors and green rear wing on my TT. Was only about 8 months ago but so far so good. Would be happy to go back to them.