ANPR Cameras in Northern Ireland debate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Orwell

RMS Regular
As law abiding citizens who tax and insure your vehicles, keep them road worthy and keep within the laws of the road, your civil liberty's and freedoms are still being breached with these new spy cameras.

What the police dont tell you is that your every movement through one is kept on a police database for several years even though you are completely innocent. That data can be used to track every journey you have made in the past (between 2-5 years)

Big Brother is Watching Anti ANPR Camera Campaign Northern Ireland.

:party:

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
they do this already with all the cameras you see outside the likes of police stations and going into other towns, newest 1 ive seen is coming into greyabbey from ards direction...

edit:

sorry read website properly i think this is the cameras they are on about...

i think its mainly for to prove you went somewhere if you are suspected involved with drug dealing/housebreaking and such

Orwell

RMS Regular
OP
O
they do this already with all the cameras you see outside the likes of police stations and going into other towns, newest 1 ive seen is coming into greyabbey from ards direction...

The ones outside police stations where approved under anti-terror laws. These are not. In fact they have it has not been debated in parliament, the public have not been consulted and no legislation has been introduced.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I must admit, it is a bit 'big brother' and im sure if you look hard enough there prob is a breach of civil rights somewhere.
However the way the world is going now it is only very much the beginning if you ask me.

It is not like anything will be done about it though so no point in giving out, may as well just get on with it...

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
ANPR has been covered several times, please use the search! Welcome to RMS.

Andy

Orwell

RMS Regular
OP
O
I must admit, it is a bit 'big brother' and im sure if you look hard enough there prob is a breach of civil rights somewhere.
However the way the world is going now it is only very much the beginning if you ask me.

It is not like anything will be done about it though so no point in giving out, may as well just get on with it...

Incorrect. And that's the typical attitude that has our freedoms flying out the window as we speak.

An entire network has been removed from a town in Birmingham because of the action that one of the guys on my partner site took.

Orwell

RMS Regular
OP
O
ANPR has been covered several times, please use the search! Welcome to RMS.

Andy

Thank you. I know its been covered but no decisive action has been taken until now. People need to educate themselves about these spy cameras.

Jonny

RMS Regular
loving the username btw

it is all very 1984...

guess this would be the real reason behind the hatred of "squashed metro's" lol

Reactions: Con

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
since they can be used to catch uninsured drivers, untaxed drivers, cars unfit for the road, car thieves or other criminals im more than happy for the cops to know how many times a week I go to the shop and where i go on my days off.

Basically what im saying is that if you care about these cameras being around you have something to hide.

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
since they can be used to catch uninsured drivers, untaxed drivers, cars unfit for the road, car thieves or other criminals im more than happy for the cops to know how many times a week I go to the shop and where i go on my days off.

Basically what im saying is that if you care about these cameras being around you have something to hide.

either that or hes ran out of tin foil

Orwell

RMS Regular
OP
O

Can i suggest that you are completely uneducated about these cameras?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Jesus c get over it the camera's aren't gonna know if ur innocent or a travelling criminal and whn ur innocent car u's stolen and used for an armed robbery or worse then ur innocent no. Plate can be tracked for it's
Movements

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Incorrect. And that's the typical attitude that has our freedoms flying out the window as we speak.

An entire network has been removed from a town in Birmingham because of the action that one of the guys on my partner site took.

With all due respect, that is Birmingham not N.Ireland.

Given the events of the weekend it is hardly any wonder these systems are in place and if they are used correctly they will possibly save a life if not many and that my friend is well worth me giving up some of my freedom.

P.s - as Andy said welcome to the site and read over the old threads on the subject :laughing:

Bryan

RMS Regular
So long as they don't turn them into speed cameras I couldn't care less. I don't even notice them when out driving about.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Can i suggest that you are completely uneducated about these cameras?

Can I suggest that you are mental, and have **** all else to do with your time except worry about the government watching you. Noone cares how many times a day you go to the shop to get cat food, but the cops may be interested in tracking the movements of known dissedents, car crime rings, drug dealers etc.

The cops can put cameras on my car for all I care (as long as they dont monitor speed :innocent:) but it will be pretty damn boring to watch.

Ant

RMS Regular
Don't really care if they monitor where i'm going, i'm not robbing banks and i've paid my taxes.

Orwell

RMS Regular
OP
O
With all due respect, that is Birmingham not N.Ireland.

Given the events of the weekend it is hardly any wonder these systems are in place and if they are used correctly they will possibly save a life if not many and that my friend is well worth me giving up some of my freedom.

P.s - as Andy said welcome to the site and read over the old threads on the subject :laughing:

Thats great then, nothing to worry about. The anpr will catch them for sure.(y)

marcdh

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda AZ-3
I'm intrigued as to how far people can be pushed under the pretense "it's for your own good".

They can be used as speed cameras, google it, same principle as average speed cameras. It'd be naive to think there's no possibility of them being used for that.

w.reid306

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo / SV650s
may i suggest you take it to ur local politian and not moaning about it on an online forum

You are basically advertising your website though creating this topic.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.