Anyone doing wheel refurbs at the minute?

Kotec

Drives
Bmw
Anyone have any experience with Nickel Chrome for refurbing?
I’m wanting my E46 M3 OEM 19’s done as close to possible as standard and seen a few in England talking about this finish - and not heard anyone one there having it done

Not sure I want to go down the diamond cut route even tho only summer use as they have never been cut before..
Other option is polishing - but would I need somewhere to refurb the wheels before taking to a polishing place ?
Give me a text on 07921527004. will explain all

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Chap was very helpful and talked me through the process. Asked for a brighter side. Looking forward to picking them up and fitted.
IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_5772.jpeg

Happy with the results.

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Well. That’s the last time I’ll be using modern tyres for anything.

Popped in at lunch to get them fitted and swap the front tires. Waited for 3 hrs only to be returned one wheel with scuffs. Guy told me it couldn’t have been them and didn’t want anything to do with it despite me explaining that the wheels have not left the car since being picked up. Could see the guy taking the tires off being ham fisted with it.

Offered to not charge me for anything. Drove away frustrated with the whole thing instead of enjoying them. Now left with one scuffed wheel.

Apologies, this is meant to be a refurb thread not tires related. Not sure if this is a specific branch issue(Dargan) but I know people raved about the company.

IMG_5778.jpeg

IMG_5779.jpeg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

Popped in at lunch to get them fitted and swap the front tires. Waited for 3 hrs only to be returned one wheel with scuffs. Guy told me it couldn’t have been them and didn’t want anything to do with it despite me explaining that the wheels have not left the car since being picked up. Could see the guy taking the tires off being ham fisted with it.

Offered to not charge me for anything. Drove away frustrated with the whole thing instead of enjoying them. Now left with one scuffed wheel.

Apologies, this is meant to be a refurb thread not tires related. Not sure if this is a specific branch issue(Dargan) but I know people raved about the company.

View attachment 434835
View attachment 434836

Had a similar experience at a different branch. Marked one of mine in a couple of places and the fitter denied it. Sent an email with photos and someone at head office gave me a call. They disputed their depot damaged it but agreed to cover the cost to refurb it.

Took a fair bit of chasing to get the invoice paid to the refurb company, but got there in the end.

Worth a try.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7

View attachment 434835
View attachment 434836

Hard to tell in the pic.
Looks like it might polish out!? 🤞

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
That’s why I travel miles to @RubberLover

Ivan always takes as much care as he possibly can, things can go wrong anywhere though but it’s worse when you can see the fitter not taking the care you expected.
Yep I wouldn't go anywhere else. One of mels wheels got accidentally marked and they told us straight away and sent it for a refurb without a second thought.
Everyone is dead on to talk to aswell.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
That’s why I travel miles to @RubberLover

Ivan always takes as much care as he possibly can, things can go wrong anywhere though but it’s worse when you can see the fitter not taking the care you expected.
I was up with them recently for some alignment. Explained why it couldn't be done in good detail, and sent me on my way until I got a few bits sorted before coming back. Wouldn't take any payment at all for their time. The guys in Carrick made a great first impression.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I was up with them recently for some alignment. Explained why it couldn't be done in good detail, and sent me on my way until I got a few bits sorted before coming back. Wouldn't take any payment at all for their time. The guys in Carrick made a great first impression.

Was that on the boxster?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Keep to topic please, gents.

Could anyone tell me how much it would be roughly to refurb a set of 15 inch wheels nowadays?

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Was that on the boxster?
5 Series.

To keep it on topic, Boxster wheels though do need done after Enniskillen Tyre Centre damaged them. Still not decided on what to do with them. Trying to hold out until the tyres need changed to reduce the need for anyone to touch them.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car

Could anyone tell me how much it would be roughly to refurb a set of 15 inch wheels nowadays?
Think it was 62-65 plus vat for autoworx to do my rims. No variation in price due to size

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I have around 25 rims for the mx5 that I had been planning on getting done together to get a bit of discount. Most places weren't interested, best quote i got was 48 Inc vat each.
I may get the rattle cans warmed up lol

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7

Powdertek are £240.

Screenshot_20240520_181659_Chrome.jpg

Though it depends how fussy you are.
I got my track wheels done with them and looking at JCM's M5 wheels above, mine have the same little imperfections...

Screenshot_20240520_181414_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240520_181433_Chrome.jpg

Grand for track wheels, but think I'd pay more to have them refurbed to a better standard elsewhere if they were my main road wheels on a nice car.

Just my opinion of course! 😀

Last edited:

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Powdertek are £240.

View attachment 435175

Though it depends how fussy you are.
I got my track wheels done with them and looking at JCM's M5 wheels above, mine have the same little imperfections...

View attachment 435176

View attachment 435177

Grand for track wheels, but think I'd pay more to have them refurbed to a better standard elsewhere if they were my main road wheels on a nice car.

Just my opinion of course! 😀

By far the best refurb I've ever had done was Bodyworx in Magheralin (Had my Rays on my Subaru refinished in Silver). Though I suppose everyone has their off days too. They did loose my center caps however, but I just 3d printed another set and painted them at home.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Who would be good to take a very slight buckle out of a wheel? Close to Newry if possible.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Isn't there a Cobra Customs in Newry now if so they would be worth a call.

I had asked them about it ages ago but they wanted me to go for a full refurb on all the wheels. I only wanted the damaged wheel sorted so I didn't bother with it.