Anyone have an Audi S4? B6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
2004 04 REG AUDI S4 AVANT 4.2 QUATTRO

$_57.JPG

Golf still not sold :sob:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Absolutely fantastic.

Also, again it's not a B6 or S4. But if Audi had made these in Avant form I'd be all over one. Plus with a bit of tuning they are faster than an RS4

dtmplayers8.jpg
A4DTM11113024.jpg

Last edited:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
DTMs look great, there is a red avant with a DTM bumper on A8 20s (posted earlier) and it looks fantastic

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Faster than an RS4? They're only 220bhp odd out of the box.

Whats the tuning, put in an RS4 engine? MTM can take it to 300bhp for £8k!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think the DTM is a bit crap to be honest. You can get a Special Edition with 220hp (in avant too).

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Don't get me wrong, I love the DTM, but purely for the looks and somewhat "exclusivity".

Shame they're so expensive compared to the Special Edition.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
LOL, I don't know if they were a tuned K03 or a detuned K04 turbo in the DTM (CBA googling).

but basically if its a K04 an exhaust, intake and fuel pump = 350bhp. Probably enough to give an RS4 a run.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Was going to post nearly all of the above, yes. Fella Olly (used to own the 4wd TFSI 420bhp Touran) had his at 380bhp and said it was much faster than his RS4 he had after it. So much so he sold the RS4 after 2 months and bought the DTM back.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Even though the Golf isn't sold just yet I did get a bit of good news. Have been getting insurance quotes recently just to see what they are like for an S4 and most were unsettling to say they least. Even after shopping about a bit the cheapest were coming in at around £1300, and I paid around £700 for the 335i nearly 2 years ago! So I had nearly changed my mind about going for an S4 as I couldn't afford paying hundreds and hundred more when I'm buying a house and paying for a wedding this year.
But just off the phone with Greenlight who provided me with a great quote, back in S4 mode :grinning:

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.