Audi TT (New Wheels page 12)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Holy snozberry! I was a bit on the fence about the wheels initially but now seeing them on the silver rim defo helps break up where the body meets the alloy and make it stand out more, unlike the Oz where the all black does look lost as you said.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Since getting the engine mods done on the car ive wanted to get some gauges to help keep an eye on things, but at the same time too i didnt want a fast and furious pillar pod, or gauges stuck on top of the dash, i liked the more subtle OEM look, Had concidered hiding them in glove box etc or other areas, but with out them in view id likely rarely look at them after a while and would be sort of pointless in the long run. I had been recently more and more inclined to buy a vent mount adapter which allows a 52mm gauge to be fitted to the airvent, and allow airflow around it, and was holding off to find the right looking style of gauge, and what gauges to go for, Until this cropped up the other day.

49863164123_0d3a12e475_c.jpg

RaceDiagnostics Liquid Gauge, these are getting rarer and harder to find now, and have since been stopped made, but to name but a few functions:

Engine Crankshaft BHP
Engine Crankshaft Torque
Turbo Boost Pressure
Turbo Command Pressure
Mass Airflow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air Intake Temprature
Exhaust Temprature
Coolant Temprature
Oil Temprature
N75 Position
Dyno Plot
Fault Code Reader

Just one of the Many many many screens and options
49863697901_bc34b5175d_c.jpg

Not too in your face once installed but better than a random gauge mounted to the dash or pillar
49864006147_a8132d35c4_c.jpg

Ive started gathering a few more bits and bobs, but all need to be together to fit. Once things start to turn around with the world and looking good ill start gathing the other bits i need to complete it and get the interior finished, still need to re do the "boot build" around the cage etc but that will come once the reset of the work is done now.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Seeing as the 2020 show season being canceled, progress on the TT soon cancled along with it!, slowly gathered up some parts and buying minor bits, but made no actual progress...."sure ive plenty of time" Which soon followed by alot of swearing and second thoughts when we had a few good days in a row.......so started a wee bit....then several days of rain! killed all motivation to get it ready "might as well hold off till next year" which again followed by a few nice nights which gave me motivation then a week of rain! but this time i said no the TT will be out this year! Aim was August 1st, for taxing at the start of the month but due to waiting on afew bits and work load i didnt make it! so gave myself a goal of the following weekend...... come wednesday it wasnt looking good! still alot of work etc, then decided bugger it! do the basics and GET IT OUT! so threw the rest of it together and taxed it!

Little test run on the Saturday to a job i was doing a few mile from the workshop, all was good! perfect day to get the TT out weather wise also! then Sunday again a cracking day took the TT to JPCCNIs Burgers with Pops & Bangs Meet,
50218766893_747bce3007_c.jpg

After since the weather was still good i decided to take it and take a few snaps with the new camera and the "2020" look.
50218772798_d417911446_c.jpg

50219426381_daf6b6aa61_c.jpg

50219426336_3f85e35fb1_c.jpg

50219426281_590655dc4a_c.jpg

50218772633_d7aa5c4908_c.jpg

50218772498_2bb7341825_c.jpg

50219426221_43b454960d_c.jpg

50218772578_af4da878e2_c.jpg

50219644197_9e8aa8538f_c.jpg

50219644082_79603a2af9_c.jpg

50219426066_0122c35a9b_c.jpg

Really pleased with how the cars coming together! need to play about the the arches for clearances etc, and getting "sitting" how i want it though its not far away! Also started swaping over to the black plastics, have a black carpet and rest of interior grey peices that is left in black ready to go on, but decided to drive it as is for this year (sorned end of september likely!) since its not going to shows, also started a new rear seat delete area around the cage still isnt finished yet, but again no shows so not worrying about 100% complete until next year (hopefully!)

Exhaust down a bit on oneside which will be sorted over winter, as well as a few other bits and peices needing attention, but atm, aslong as it drives for the next month or 2 ill be happy to get it out!

Few other parts gathered up and bits i plan to buy for the winter changes but more on that as and when! but realistically nothing too major in the pipe line!........well atm anyway :joy:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Attended Letstance Coffee Club Last month at Drumbo.
50389159688_e6af22e18c_c.jpg

50390030432_1f3f400801_c.jpg

Still with everything on the back burner i was just out enjoying the car as it was and looking forward to the work over the winter months to hopefully start off a great 2021 show season....... then one evening coming out of work i reload facebook.....and Titanic Dubs 2020 Announced! started to worry.....seen the date was 2 weeks panic set in! i wanted to finish off the black plastics and carpet fitting before it! so stuck into it!
50390030257_b687da9b59_c.jpg

50389855391_d40048fb37_c.jpg

I think the Tan sets off much better with the black! and really happy with it now! some eagle eyed people may notice in the pics (or at titanic dubs) i still have the odd grey peice or missing peice here and there which ill get and fit over winter, though a few more interior ideas im currently looking into/consulting with atm.

Took the friday before the show off and managed to get the final bits and pieces i could finished, the rear seat delete needed to be trimmed and had ordered carpet to do it, next day delievery the week prior, but sadly didnt arrive till the monday after the show, a whole week late! but was happy with how the car turned out.
50390030667_050ff0d14e_c.jpg

50389855431_6f67803591_c.jpg

50389159588_4ff11460db_c.jpg

50390031907_67bafdbc33_c.jpg

50389159253_183353fc1d_c.jpg

50390030622_e17a4ebc40_c.jpg

Car went down well! alot of people looking at it over the day and managed to bag a Top Ten Trophy as well! (Modeled of one of the vents of the Titanic ship! im just holding it completely the wrong way lol)
50389159308_df7268b216_c.jpg

Ive been wanting a personal plate for along time! but just couldnt justify spending x amount on a plate, when that x amount could go towards x carparts, but recent months ive seen myself more and more looking at plates, especially as the list of to do mods was growing shorter, couldnt decide with a nice JCZ reg (initials JC obviously) or a TT specific plate, one day i swayed towards the TT plate, next day i thought it might be Tacky! A friend send me this plate from the DVLA site and i bought it straight away! covering both options in away, JC initials and the 225 on what started life as a 225 TT! but if i ever sell or scrap/split the tt the plate could be transfered to anything and still suit it/look good.
50389159353_2b4f457d7b_c.jpg

Plate is pictured here with a Short, Tinted 3d Gel Carbon Fibre which ill use for shows. ill make up a set of road legal plates once the plate is assigned to the car fully.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Plates finishes that off so nicely. I'm not normally fussed on Mk1 TTs, but yours is stunning. Love the baseball seats!

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Having no motivation to work on the car since my last post, no shows, and typical winter weather i couldnt be bothered to go out and work on the TT, Seeing as ive had no end goal. But fingers crossed things are going the right way we will be allowed out soon so about time i got into the TT again. Started gathering up the final black dash pieces to completely remove the grey plastics, iirc ive one piece left to source.

One thing that has been on my list to do is a catch can install, wasnt a huge fan of the available setups off the shelve i started piecing my own together. I do intend to replace the rubber hose wil black silicone in future used rubber for now while i decided were i was fitting it etc. I also tucked/relocated a few more wiring and pieces out the way for a cleaner look, but you wouldnt really know unless you knew the TT engine bay well.

51063925747_d22a81095a_c.jpg

51063925832_a4e44d2b7e_c.jpg

I still need to fit hose clamps and another P clip mount ontop for an even look my OCD is going mad with a single one slightly offset from centre :joy:, Though these will be fitted later as the strut bar is being removed hopefully this weekend (as well as half the engine bay :sob:) to allow access to get to the clutch master cylinder, which has slowly getting worse the last few years, and at the point now nearly every other gear change its sticking, orderd the replacement one july 2019, with the intention fitting it prior to my trip to Scotland in September 2019, and once i realised it was a pain to get to i put it off again lol.

Next job on the list is more Carbon Fibre! Carbon Fibre Mirror housing and stems. I wasnt initially a fan of them at first but they have grown on me from test fitting one at the weekend. My inital plan was always red mirror with Carbon Stems, and had all the bits sitting ready to do it, but these came up from a seller in the TT group who does good quality items so made the purchase.
51063127008_f69997c97e_c.jpg

51063837061_8f3d4ef61c_c.jpg

Few other bits ordered hopefully this week, and hoping to get the clutch master clyinder changed this weekend (i really need to stop putting it off!) the plan is to hopefully have it on the road 1st May at the latest or if i make good progress this week i may tax it on the 1st April.

Last edited:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So i finally decided fully to go full carbon and had got a bit of time to actually fit both Mirrors....which soon very quickly turned into a small nightmare but thankfully got it sorted.

When removing one of the stems i noticed one bolt out of the 2 seemed very tight, not about to sheer off tight but unusually tight especially compared to the other side but again nothing overly worryinlg tight it was moving with a little more effort so carried on, fitted the carbon stem covers and went to bolt the stem back in, and the bolt that was tight to remove only went in a few threads and was solid. tried swaping bolts exactly the same, have a few spares and again only a few treads and it was solid, turned out the threads in the door was buggered, thankfully i had a tap and die set to hand and was able to clean/rethread the door and got them bolted back in! Thankfully the other side was straight forward and both fitted up
51110177185_eeddc78817_c.jpg

51110177155_fbaeb532e4_c.jpg

Also finally made myself up a road legal number plate for the rear with the new reg (have my static cling one remade for the front)
51109146134_fbed249ff4_c.jpg

Some who may have seen the car at Titanic dubs may have noticed i still had a grey ash tray installed into the centre console (Also in one of the interior pics a few posts back also), out of my stash of spare parts and a few friends it was one part i couldnt get my hands on quickly intime for the show, so managed to get one bought and finally got round to fitting it. Though the black is currently a tempory measure until covid buggers off and can get some custom stuff done, but more on that as and when. (you may also have noticed the grey dead pedal in the interior pic above, i did purchase a replacement but i have missplaced it in the unit somewhere :joy: )
51109303523_77b8511109_c.jpg

I also got the hose clamps fitted to the Catch can so its fully installed, just need to fit another P clip to mount it to the strut brace as the single off center one is messing with my OCD, ill now have one either side off centre being more symetrical, my OCD will be much happier :joy: I didnt have the correct size left so had some arrive yesterday so ill get that done tomorrow evening all being well
51109146159_d01f4ccf2c_c.jpg

Also realised I forgot to post the illustrations i had done by Petrolarts late last year. Over the moon with how they came out! Sadly the front view needs up date with the carbon mirrors :joy:
51109397111_2e6bf00feb_c.jpg

51109397031_3504c92b44_c.jpg

I am a graphic designer myself and could have done similar myself but its nice to get someone elses perspective of the car (also never have the time to sit down and do my own stuff for fun anymore). Likewise once the better weather kicks in, we're alow out and the cars in one piece i do intend to let a few photographers etc do a few photoshoots again to get their perspective/touch to the images rather than my own all the time.

As per my last post i did intend to have the car on the road on April 1st, and once again put off the clutch master cylinder, and buttoned everything else up but once the snow started in again i decided just to hold off for another while! no point driving it threw the salt etc on the roads, and no point taxing it to sit in the unit for a month.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Nicest TT I have seen. Small touches and attention to detail is something I really appreciate on this car. Lovely!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
A Labour of love...

It's the finer details that make the difference and you certainly know how to do that.

Great job!

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Nicest TT I have seen. Small touches and attention to detail is something I really appreciate on this car. Lovely!

A Labour of love...

It's the finer details that make the difference and you certainly know how to do that.

Great job!

Cheers guys, For me its the finer details and small touches that make a car and brings you in, anyone can slap airride and wheels on a car, and dont get me wrong it looks good! but not necessarily a car youd look twice at, Where if the car has the smaller details you'll take a second/longer look and appreciate the car a bit more.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So time for some updates!

So seeing as the Type R sold quicker than expected, i still hadnt picked up the new car never mind prepped to take it on the road. also with the Reload Driven 3.0 Run and Letstance Cars and coffee at the end of May i decided to put it on the road. Used the car for daily duties for the week leading up to the events and loving every minute of it! (well bar the fuel bill! Performance Petrol and doing alot of miles doesnt go well)

So Saturday i Attended the Reload Driven 3.0 run around the Ards Peninsula! Cracking weather and a decent run! car was flawless!
51300968121_8cc541f72f_c.jpg

51301152108_6196517609_c.jpg

51301678549_39b079f4fb_c.jpg

Sunday morning i got up and headed to Lestance! again another cracking day of weather, and took the long way home!
51300221102_b5358d7a5f_c.jpg

51301980845_70c8facdfc_c.jpg

All going well till i arrive in Banbridge! the "Red Light of Death" Low Oil Pressure, shot up on the display! Pulled over and checked the oil level and concidered what to do!, being not far from home i thought bugger it ill chance it and hopefully i make it home, as generally if the light has came on and its serious......its generally too late at that point anyway! If its buggered now.... i might make it home, its still going to be buggered plus ill not have to faf about with a tow or low loader! Thankfully made it home nothing other than the light to report! Sitting wondering what to do, what could it be, i thought bugger it ill chance driving the 30mins out to the workshop, with the same attitude, if i make it, ill save a tow, and if its going to be damaged its going to be damaged either way! plus i know if i crack open to replace 1 part of the engine the "while im there" attitude will kick in and change half the engine anyway! So might as well go out with a bang! Again made it out to the garage with nothing other than the light. Didnt have time to look at it so left it till the monday, though spent the sunday evening looking for New & Used Forged engines, costs to forge/repair possible issues with mine, and pricing up a TTRS 5 cylinder DSG conversion lol

Monday evening it was time to get looking at it. But first i decided to start the car....... (really searching for trouble at this stage, the idea of a 5 cylinder engine was doing bad things in my head lol) let it warm up nothing.... so decided lets take it out for a test drive, canned it up and down a "private stretch of road" nothing till i was heading back to the unit, the Low oil Pressure light. So, Drained the oil, Nothing to report, removed the filter..... nothing to report....Removed the sump.....nothing.... no sludge, no fillings or chunks or anything that would say theres damage..... and surely driven 50 or 60 miles at this stage with a low oil pressure, it would have blown, rattley or something..... At this point i threw the head up and left the car for a few days, and thought about it. Ordered myself a new Oil Pump, pickup, and new sump (managed to bash a hole in it when removing it whoopsie), Oil Pressure switch as well as oil and new filter.

51301152133_17a3a94efb_c.jpg

New Oil pump etc fitted bar the Oil Pressure switch, went to fit it (which was a nightmare to get at!) and realised my 24mm Deep socket wasnt deep enough and not enough room to get at it with a spanner, while i was testing my socket i looked at the wiring connector, and saw it was full of oil, as well as the housing of the switch, sprayed it all down and cleaned the connecter built it back up and took it for a test drive, lasted about 30mins until the light came on, and checked the connection again full of oil, next day picked up the socket, and swapped out the Pressure Switch, cleaned out the wiring etc again, and away i went no issues. took it to work a few days and no issues! So seemingly all it needed was a Sub £10 Oil pressure switch and it would have been sweet! no need for the oil pump etc, but then again Future proofing the car atleast it now has a nice fresh oil pump, seeing as the original was nearlying 19 years old at this stage, its a "lifetime" part but was is a "lifetime" in car terms, so i should never need to change it again.

So the car tested, and cleaned Just in time for GTINIs EuroTreffen Event!
51301152193_9c034232d0_c.jpg

51301678674_1e3d7e7793_c.jpg

51301980870_b0d25e61a4_c.jpg

51301980885_e83a813d1e_c.jpg

Managed to walk away with Top20 Trophy as well! Nice round off to the day, dispite tearing my trousers while cleaning the car down at the start of the show! Incase anyone saw my half veclro cable tied trouser leg lol
51301678684_6528770c20_c.jpg

So with EuroTreffen giving me a push in the right direction to start working on the car again and get a few bits buttoned up, etc i started making a list of what to do. I picked up a set of Quattro Sport Arch Splats, a while back and are currently in paint as i type, (hoping to finish them tomorrow) and managed to get a set of mats made up to match the interior!
51300968176_7ffd9a1803_c.jpg

Things moving along smoothly, and under no pressure at all i decided i needed a deadline, and have booked the car into Audis In The Park Event at Deene Park in Corby England, which is on the 8th August! So no pressure!

Though working threw my list now
Finish build/trim around cage/rear seat delete area
Trim Sunvisors (only 3 or 4 years later!
Clutch Master Cylinder (again only 3 or 4 year after i started having issues lol)
Fit the new mats
Finish painting & Fit Arch Splats

Im sure ill have another few ideas/jobs worked out before then but atm this is what im working threw, so perfectable doable in 4ish weeks! Plus im off work a few days, so plan to get the clutch master cylinder done, and more work on the seat delete/cage area.

In regards to future plans, i dont have a huge pile, a few other purchases in the pipeline, but nothing major, stuff that 90% of people will probably never notice, few custom interior bits to sort, Big Brakes and eventually replace the budget tyres that came on the Rial Split wheels, (i couldnt justify throwing away brand new tyres, even though they were basically free! lol) I was concidering new alloys, but have been talked into keeping the Rials for a bit longer, plus they havent been out much. But pretty much get out and enjoy it more is the future!

Last edited:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So with progress moving smoothly i finally got round to sorting more jobs, including PPF on the roll cage, one of the jobs i kept putting of and putting off, even though it only cost me materials! but i knew i needed to do it before i end up damaging it.....and typically while installing the PPF i noticed a few nicks in the paint :mad: my own fault, no photos of it as it looks no different now to the eye just protected from loading any stuff/seatbelt etc

Finally got my Quattro Sport Spats painted and fitted up, not that they make much of a noticeable difference... but its another part/detail that adds to the overall look imo
51416664134_8f3dd22d77_c.jpg

51415908476_124eeff315_c.jpg

51416173788_b0312f964b_c.jpg

So with my 1200ish mile round trip looming, and the clutch pedal getting worse! i was time to attack the dreaded master cylinder that id been putting off....simple enough job once its out....but getting access to it aint so easy!
51416664169_8bc1a8bf1d_c.jpg

After alot of wiggling about and a few choice words, it was installed! started to bleed the system, but the pedal didnt feel quite right, there was litterally no travel in the pedal, thinking, maybe just air in the system it will work its self out, then BANG! the dreaded pedal snap!

51415908511_482b644eaf_c.jpg

Brought it into work had one of the guys weld it up and gave it a lick of paint, not pretty but its solid now! real common problem on the mk1 TTs, the pedal snaps around the location were the cylinder clips in allowing it to pass threw and not engage. So got it refitted and the cylinder wasnt right....turns out i fitted a brand new.....bad cylinder, weither it was bad from new, went bad on the shelve sitting for so long, or i broke something while installing, im not 100% which but either way the lot had to come back out and be reaplaced! new one ordered and could see the issues straight away, I did have photos of this all but seem to have lost them.

Anyway new master cylinder fitted, system bleed.......and its exactly the same as it was, tried bleeding several more times and various other techniques no different, any time i bleed the system now its pure fluid no air! checked with the master techs, everything i done was ok, so that points to the Slave Cylinder at the gearbox....which on most cars wouldnt be the worst thing.....but with the Mk1 TT its inside the bell housing so its a full on stripping gearbox out job to replace, though while test driving and bleeding the clutch pedal i noticed the clutch had just started to slip, and talking to a few techs, they said the possible cause given ive a slave issue, a seal is away with in the slave, and leaking onto the clutch plate, which will cause slipping, which is also now contaminated and realistically needs replaced! which was "done" about 40k miles ago but the car was never right since replacement, im guessing they didnt change the slave and had been poor from the get go.

So basically with the car needing a clutch kit, and days before going away the car was sorned, and the rest of the years plans scraped, but decided to power on to England to Ulitmate Street Car at Santapod and Audis in the Park at Deene Park, and also stopped by Caffine and Machine while i was there in the focus (will add that and pics from the weekend to the focus thread when i get time), I decided to hold of on the TT and aim for having it ready for the show season next year, with a few jobs id like to do under the car, while the clutch job being done it would be a good time to do while i was under there.....BUT.......

Standing with a few TT owners i met up with in england at the show that id spoke to online....gutted the car wasnt there, and constant "wheres yours james?", started to push me, then the announcment of Titanic Dubs at the end of September here.... shortly after returning i made a purchase!

New LUK Clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, Flywheel bolts, & Slave Cylinder
51416893160_362c3acdde_c.jpg

i knew fine rightly after being gutted at Audis in the Park, i knew attending Titanic Dubs as a spectator id also be gutted! So with a deadline of 25th September, and being mid August at the time.....plenty of time!.....BUT...... few days later i recieved an acceptance E-mail from Cleanfest, from the guys at Keepitclean in Scotland for their show in September, without much thought....i accepted the spot and had the car booked!, which is now 12 days away and the car is going to have the clutch installed Monday 8o| Monday the 6th....... im leaving for Scotland hopefully that Saturday! fingerscrossed its done, and the issues are resolved! or it will be another trip in the focus :joy: So HOPEFULLY ill have a good update next week!

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So to continue on with the last post!......... Picked the car up Thursday evening after having the clutch and flywheel fitted! Took it out to the workshop and left it over night to start preping it Friday. Go out to the Unit on Friday, cleaned the car all down and realised in the mechanics rush to get the car ready (As well as a few other cars heading to the same show/another show the same weekend.) he left some of the plastics out of the car so couldnt build up the engine bay, Picked up the plastics and got the car finished built back up 8pm Friday the car was ready for the 7.30am boat to Cairnryan. At this point there was a total of 50miles on the car so had to bed the clutch in on the trip over and take it easy.

Met up with a few friends on the boat, and convoyed up to the show. Thanks to @natogreen16v for these photos
51480367744_c5a55cd929_c.jpg

51480572265_9b194a5a70_c.jpg

Made it to Edinburgh - Cleanfest
51480575955_d5356e2a8d_c.jpg

51480368659_5dd611d197_c.jpg

51478870232_a033b46b6c_c.jpg

51479877323_3b84a8ffba_c.jpg

51479650351_7c4ef2f756_c.jpg

51479650376_dcec951db2_c.jpg

Boat home
51480572240_05bbc26624_c.jpg

51480367729_07609c3082_c.jpg

Thankfully the car is driving great! and the best its drove in a long while! due to the issues caused, annoying this is the second clutch and flywheel etc the car has had, but atleast this time its right from day one! rather than the on going issues i had from the first one fitted by a "specialist". But a great weekend away with great friends and good crack! Great show and Thankfully the weather stayed dry seeing as it was all outside this year due to Covid Vaccinations using the usual show hall, but was a cracking spot and thankfully we had the weather for it!

Anyone interested in the show photos here is a link to the Facebook Album (Should be viewable with or without a Facebook Account) Facebook

Due to a misshap not my fault a wheels need to be refurbished! though seeing as its a complete one off colour mixed with various left over paints etc the chances of matching are slim. So taking it as an opportunity to change the look up a bit and paint all 4. Yet to decide what colour to do them yet, one minute im thinking out there colours, next im for a safer simplier look. I currently intend on keeping the car on the road unit the weather really turns bad, and get atleast October out of it before taking it off the road instead of the usual end of September i normally do, so ive a while to decide what colour to do the wheels, though am looking out for other wheels on the off chance something else comes up i like more.

Over winter also decide to attend to more interior changes, and finish a few bits as well as re design a couple of bits and peices, few other bigger ideas though need to work out the finishing details first before commiting to doing them, as i would like to keep it tidy. Also a few other bits i need to fix up exterior wise (one being the exhaust tilt when airing out left side of the exhaust droops down when parts of the system touches the ground) but more on that as and when.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I purposely didn't bring my camera as we had the podcast gear with us but I really wish I had to get some proper rolling shots 😭

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So about time i gave this a little update though not a huge change has been done sadly!

So shortly after my Scotland Travels i attened Turkingtons Car show a few days later.
52054850456_13fb236c69_c.jpg

52054882228_c833b0835a_c.jpg

52054850486_e97dd19fc0_c.jpg

52054882243_80e8dc3067_c.jpg

Next on the Cards Titanic Dubs, Sadly i wasnt happy with the way the car sat, due to the mm fitment, if the car is on uneven ground it wont sit wheel to arch like it should on level ground.
52055097479_6413156e72_c.jpg

52053816362_884c745032_c.jpg

52055097464_60e42c549e_c.jpg

52053816307_4a3cc95dc9_c.jpg

Then that evening after Titanic Dubs for The Junction for the Mental Health Show n shine
52055352260_40e51503e9_c.jpg

Also managed to sneek it into JPCC Cars & Coffee Meet on the Monday evenings
52054906588_00503f7094_c.jpg

Cars & Coffee Held at Eurocarparts In October
52055114769_cda68c25ab_c.jpg

52054879681_c3a653d02f_c.jpg

52055364550_b934354c33_c.jpg

Finished the Year out with the last Audi TT Owners Northern Ireland Club meet
52053833172_1172237cb3_c.jpg

Sadly after returning home the car ended up getting a good soaking in the rain from the TT club meet, and as a result the headlight was full of condensation So yet another thing added to the winter mod list was finally build the custom headlights that ive planned to build for years, but couldnt bring my self to split a decent set of headlights, and £200 of another set of lights....i kept finding other things to buy instead lol And also a few days prior driving down the motorway daily driving, sadly a large rock flicked up and dented the wing! thankfully no paint damage, and hit the wing as if it had hit the headlight it would have smashed! i wasnt having much luck with cars atm!

So decided to build myself some custom headlights, using custom clear indicator lenses (which i intend to tint) DRL with Sqential/Dynamic indicators (also be fitted to the rear) Loads of other custom touches to be added, but sadly this is as far as i got!
52055378870_c8ab1bbf1c_c.jpg

Rest of the car tore apart steam cleaned the underbody, as well as arches and a freash coat of Underseal, Archliners tided up modified and painted, and re fitted, new droplinks fitted for mot, and then the car sat for months without any progress, lost all interest in working on cars.
52055378845_5b2ef2fab3_c.jpg

52055129244_d7a5111cdf_c.jpg

So one of my big issues with the car had been lack of space! and with the plan of hitting more UK Mainland shows and the ultimate goal of roadtriping futher afeild, space was needed to be made, Though sadly, a full sound system, Air suspension, Roll cage, and also being a quattro meaning a shallower boot to begin with space was not on my side! After several attempts to fit everything i knew a sacrifce was going to have to be made. So decided to Drop the Subwoofer as it was complete overkill for the size of the car! and for a temp measure decided it sounded good enough without a sub, so this was the outcome airtank on display in the "rear seat area" with the amps etc under it, and the management and compressor in the spare wheel well, Giving basically the whole OEM boot, back to me for storage. As earlier in my thread i had planed to take the car to Audis in the Park and Santapod for the weekend but due to clutch issues i took the focus, i ended up filling the boot of it, no chance id have made it with the TT space wise!
52055390910_2543a0a0b9_c.jpg

52054905916_02a4c225a2_c.jpg

Mot Ready which thankfully it passed! 2 Rear tyres and 2 droplinks and tighened up the CV boot! Not bad concidering it haddnt been MOTd since 2019
52055141349_e81287ba99_c.jpg

So Time to trim up the bootbuild in more grey suede as before, though done the "boot" area with black carpet for wear and tear seeing as its going to be a boot now
52055402355_f8007418e1_c.jpg

52054918196_ef332c1873_c.jpg

Some eagle eyed followers may notice a small box rested against the cage?..... After telling myself i didnt need a sub, i picked up my new (To Me) Audi A4 (thread on here too) which had a factory sub, uppon bring the TT to MOT, i realised i missed the bass... so purchased a Rockford Fosgate 8" Sub to try fill that gap.
52053871107_9ea492d6cf_c.jpg

The box design/placement is fully temporary, and didnt need to look "too pretty" as the boot lid will now be closed at shows, And this was build the week before dubshed.

I had planned to get the headlights finished intime for dubshed, but the last of the supplied had gotten lost, found, held for inspection, then finally arrived the Thursday before dubshed, So sadly didnt get finished in time so re tinted the headlights and refitted the sunstrip after removing them for MOT.

Indoors at Dubshed
52054968883_c4fa9c087f_c.jpg

52054968928_8e5e431547_c.jpg

52054937076_d8b396357d_c.jpg

52054937101_31ccdd2334_c.jpg

52055172239_a88fa4fd4c_c.jpg

Mad run up to dubshed i never got the car anywhere near ready! to the point i nearly didnt bring the car! though a few friends insisted i brought it! so i did! arrived down at the show wiping round it getting more annoyed with how it was i got to an OK point and left it, though the car got serious attention and complements, dispite the fact i was far from happy with it!

Next stop the RMS meet in Craigavon
52055421475_8508d9c82e_c.jpg

After setting myself a new goal of Loughgall show, i said ill get stuck into the car and have it sitting how i want it for then! everything i didnt get done for dubshed will be done for it!...........
52055421525_68897e5a6a_c.jpg

.............and here we have it! exactly as it was for dubshed *facepalm* Between life, lack of motivation and my head being fried atm! ive not been able to get anywhere near it! though had made a little progress on the headlights but more on that when they are further on!

The car got accepted into Players Classic in Goodwood Circuit in England for this year! which for me is a bucketlist show!, but sadly declined the space as i know fine rightly the car will be far from 100% and the costs for the weekend in a car im not happy with ill not enjoy it! so the aim is to have it there next year! Aiming for a few other shows in England though so fingers crossed i make some progress!

Car will be at Loughgall Show tomorrow and Indoors at MLVW Europrojekt show in Kilbeggan on Sunday! Hopefully over the coming weeks ill get my head turned back around and get stuck into getting the car back to its former glory or better (in my eyes), redo the boot build, build the custom headlights and tail lights, and a full detail, is on the cars with the first england trip in July all being well!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Absolutely love this! It’s just got so many nice touches. Looking forward to seeing what the head lights look like

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Little Teaser of the headlights (litterally after the first stage, still to trim and the rest of the stages)
52063073185_ab1bfc668d_c.jpg

Saturday was Loughgall show!
52061545962_dff5b4a545_c.jpg

52062605188_9923c28c2a_c.jpg

52063073190_995b0698d8_c.jpg

Sunday MLVW Europrojekt in Kilbeggan
52063073205_8152d2c404_c.jpg

52062605248_d5829633bd_c.jpg

52062583986_6bef7c0a73_c.jpg

Cracking weekend and a decent drive! Though the more i looked around it, im seeing more and more im annoyed with!, and a few possible issues i need to sort! So will really need to get stuck into it asap! hopefully this weekend is clear i can get to it! Alot of it is silly stuff that most will not see or realise but its annoying me :joy:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Love this car. You’re a hero tackling those headlights. I can’t wait to see how they turn out
Cheers Ross 😁 Yeah quite an undertaking I have to say! But only way to learn! Just not the cheapest thing to muck up more than once, especially when you factor in the time etc. Lol

@Jamesc - you taking this to Waxstock later this year?

Think it would do well!
Not a show I've thought of bringing it to tbh, but a show I've fancied going to myself. Though, but definitely too soon to concider taking it over this year.