Banned

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
lol. rock got swizzled.

Why whats wrong with giving a peeler your licence,

Matt123

RMS Regular
@ Lyons: You do have to wait till you come off R's to do your advanced test, alas I tried but by the time I could have done it I was back at uni.

Good luck with your case by the way mate, bit of a nightmare happening there.

Matt

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
106lad said:
lol. rock got swizzled.

Why whats wrong with giving a peeler your licence,

it's up to the courts to ban ya not a policeman from what i know, especially on R's !

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Graham said:
it's up to the courts to ban ya not a policeman from what i know, especially on R's !

oh aye, i know that, thats why im slightly confused at the whole situation!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
when i was on r's a fixed penalty couldn't be issued to an R driver either as they had to go to court, dunno if it's still the same though

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Graham said:
when i was on r's a fixed penalty couldn't be issued to an R driver either, dunno if it's still the same though

wouldnt think it lad!!

BigG69

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia vRS 2.0T
i was up in court about a month ago! they took my licence off me but didn't say i was banned just gave me 10 points n a £160 fine, then it was dropped 2 8 points n a £160 fine a week later!

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
BigG69 said:
i was up in court about a month ago! they took my licence off me but didn't say i was banned just gave me 10 points n a £160 fine, then it was dropped 2 8 points n a £160 fine a week later!

that was handy!:cool:

Marc

RMS Moderator
BigG69 said:
think you will be banned in that case.. cll the DVLNI up to confirm

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
Marc said:
think you will be banned in that case.. cll the DVLNI up to confirm

If he was outta his R period it wouldn't have caused a ban, otherwise i smell bull$hit! 6 points in the first two years mean bye bye licence and resitting your test....

-Pete-

RMS Regular
hmmm best to check it for sure as you dont want to be caught out just by being unsure of the status

the authorities see it as, ignorance is no excuse

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Graham said:
LOL @ ye retro

and i would think you'l have to go to court lad, did you give the cop your liscence? if so yer daft mate

No I have a week to surrender it so I am going to do it on friday to give me as long as possible on the road. Not sure what will happen I will just scrounge lifts of Jason cause he will be driving soon

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
I just wish the police were as vigilent at catching all the other "R" drivers that break the speed limit!!

I had a tw@t sit on my bumper at 70mph the other day-he even had a school uniform on!!

truth be told, its probably a good thing you lost your license-maybe now you'll realise the value of it, and not risk your or anyone elses life on the road!

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
It appears to me!! and i'm not being rude to anyone here!! but R drivers at the minute dont have a clue! there driving is utterly horrendous!

today for example i had a root in a 206 trying to overtake me on the motorway, we were doing at least 85 - 90, but all of a sudden he cuts me up! and when he is in front of me jumps on the brakes and slows to 40!! i mean wtf! then when i go to pass him he starts speeding up again (no match for the focus i might mention but not the point)

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
90 on a motorway, last time I checked the speed limit was 70. That would be 20mph over I was only caught doing 25 over so your driving is just as utterly horrendous as mine you root.

hendy18s

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 Golf
i think you will find he didnt directly say your driving was horrendous mate, he simply said that the standard of driving at the min is woeful on the part of r drivers (some of)!!!

And as for the comparison you have made of your speed driving at 90 is different for someone with years of experiance from you still being on your R plates so think about what you post before you do!

big cyril

RMS Regular
JayT said:
It appears to me!! and i'm not being rude to anyone here!! but R drivers at the minute dont have a clue! there driving is utterly horrendous!

today for example i had a root in a 206 trying to overtake me on the motorway, we were doing at least 85 - 90, but all of a sudden he cuts me up! and when he is in front of me jumps on the brakes and slows to 40!! i mean wtf! then when i go to pass him he starts speeding up again (no match for the focus i might mention but not the point)

The fact that he slowed down in front of you would suggest that he perceived you had speeded up whilst he was passing?

The other thing about R drivers is that it may not always be the R driver driving the car - but folks don't realize that a car displaying R plates is limited to 45 no matter who is driving.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Marc said:
you will not only have to resit the test.. but it will be an extended test.. plus the theory again.

and you will be put back on r's for a further year. :worried:

is that extended test new??

i only had to resit the theory and road test when i got 6points in my first 2 years of driving - no ban! i was back on the road 2 weeks later

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
While we're having a go at other drivers,i feel it apt for me to have a rant ive been saving for a while. Woman drivers. Now before i start i know the girls on here will probably give abuse, and im not saying they're all bad, as i know some good female drivers- and i dare say the older they get, the more aware etc they become. But, recently especially ive noticed many bad driving incidents ive witnessed have a girl behind the wheel. Yesterday, both times i was at the Dee Street junction, two different girls went straight through a red light, with no attempt to slow down. One of which was on her phone. Also, i was sitting on the motorway at 76 or so, and a girl flew passed in a 206 at at least 90. There were otehrs too, but these stuck out.

It REALLY frustrates me how they get cheaper insurance, just because they are girls + therefore its assumed they drive more sensibly. That, is balls. Fair enough boys have a reputation for speeding, but girls are far from innocent. Boys have a far better general vehicle awareness and 9 times out of 10 would be able to cope better with a hazard ahead.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Lyons said:
While we're having a go at other drivers,i feel it apt for me to have a rant ive been saving for a while. Woman drivers. Now before i start i know the girls on here will probably give abuse, and im not saying they're all bad, as i know some good female drivers- and i dare say the older they get, the more aware etc they become. But, recently especially ive noticed many bad driving incidents ive witnessed have a girl behind the wheel. Yesterday, both times i was at the Dee Street junction, two different girls went straight through a red light, with no attempt to slow down. One of which was on her phone. Also, i was sitting on the motorway at 76 or so, and a girl flew passed in a 206 at at least 90. There were otehrs too, but these stuck out.

It REALLY frustrates me how they get cheaper insurance, just because they are girls + therefore its assumed they drive more sensibly. That, is balls. Fair enough boys have a reputation for speeding, but girls are far from innocent. Boys have a far better general vehicle awareness and 9 times out of 10 would be able to cope better with a hazard ahead.

The man speaks the truth. They're especially apt at driving into junctions whilst using a mobile.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i would agree lyons - the insurance is a piss take all together!

another thing that rags me is parking!!! i mite save that rant for another day or an appropriate time!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Lyons said:

Statistically women crash less than men thats why their insurance is cheaper and for no other reason, Hence car insurance is most expensive for young male drivers as they again are stastically most likely to crash....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.