Best Bodywork/Paint?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Certainly everyone can have off days etc, we are all human after all.

And we all know when it comes to paintwork it is incredibly difficult to get it perfect.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
It's any bodyshop's job to have the work done to the highest standard before it leaves. When I was getting the Rangie tidied the guy I use took 8 attempts to get the colour match correct before he was happy and it's absolutely perfect.

I can't fathom why they don't take the extra time to get it right in the 1st place and save themselves double the work when they have to fix it again.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I have gave a well known painter numerous chances....

#Corsa C wing dent fixed and painted -

Filler sank, resulting in needing redone 3 times.

#Rockshox Fork painting -

Paint flaking after a short time.

#Clio 182 bumper and bonnet painted -

Orange peel and fish eyes in paint.
Washer jets on bonnet not plumbed back in.
Washer jets on bumper not plumbed back in.
Xenon unit not working when car returned.

#Leon numberplate plinth-
Holes from numberplate screws not filled properly, became visable after a short while.

#BMW bumper-
Poor overall finish, was asked for more money than quoted.
To be fair I was refunded for this job.

Decided then to change painter and used Matty at MRB Autobody Ballymoney for the rear quarters and doors on the A6 to get rid of the elderly previous owners parking rash.

It was literally half the price of the previous outfit. 150 a panel instead of 300+.

Quality is great and I didnt have to return to have anything rectified or redone.

Where was this? I wouldn’t have given them so many chances personally.

There’s not many names mentioned here that have only good reports. Its something I don’t really understand. Can they not see these defects, or do they just hope the customer isn’t fussy? Surely it’s in their interest that every job goes out 100% perfect?

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Where was this? I wouldn’t have given them so many chances personally.

There’s not many names mentioned here that have only good reports. Its something I don’t really understand. Can they not see these defects, or do they just hope the customer isn’t fussy? Surely it’s in their interest that every job goes out 100% perfect?

I dont want to name tbh.

(On an unrelated note, I live in Portstewart 👀 )

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Jeepers. I went to AG based on the loads of good reports I’d heard and personally the work on my car was first class. It would still be my first port of call too.

Agnews is the only other place that has been consistently good for me, but again others have had bad experiences there too.

Reactions: DC.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I have yet to ever see a bad job from Alan personally. I’ve seen lots of resprays from him and lots of smaller repairs and also had him do a few of my own cars too and they are always flawless.

Likewise I’ve had loads of very very top quality work from WJ Blair’s, Curries beside us paint stuff for me all the time and they are very good.

The guy in Ballymena, Patrick, have done a few cars he has done total repaints on now and it’s also flawless work and very reasonably priced for the quality too.

Ryan at NuFinish has done quite a few resprays on cars we have worked on and again they are very good too. He actually reached out to me because he saw in one of our videos about sanding marks etc from their final finishing stages, which is something I have seen and expect to see in any car that’s resprayed. They always need machined by a detailer if you want them properly right.

But Ryan reached out to me to ask how to do it better, I thought that was a fantastic sign for someone that wants to improve their work even further and it’s already very good.

I’d let anyone of the above work on any of my own cars without hesitation

edit to add, Alan is probably the best I have ever seen when it comes to matching factory texture. Not just colour but the actual texture and that is incredibly difficult

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
I've absolutely no doubt he's capable of top notch work. I'm just letting others know, like in my case, it might not be what they'll get.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Is Alwyn still on the go outside Moira behind the BP garage?

Had my Sirocco bumper and S3 wing done by him, no issues what so ever

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
I have yet to ever see a bad job from Alan personally. I’ve seen lots of resprays from him and lots of smaller repairs and also had him do a few of my own cars too and they are always flawless.

Likewise I’ve had loads of very very top quality work from WJ Blair’s, Curries beside us paint stuff for me all the time and they are very good.

The guy in Ballymena, Patrick, have done a few cars he has done total repaints on now and it’s also flawless work and very reasonably priced for the quality too.

Ryan at NuFinish has done quite a few resprays on cars we have worked on and again they are very good too. He actually reached out to me because he saw in one of our videos about sanding marks etc from their final finishing stages, which is something I have seen and expect to see in any car that’s resprayed. They always need machined by a detailer if you want them properly right.

But Ryan reached out to me to ask how to do it better, I thought that was a fantastic sign for someone that wants to improve their work even further and it’s already very good.

I’d let anyone of the above work on any of my own cars without hesitation

edit to add, Alan is probably the best I have ever seen when it comes to matching factory texture. Not just colour but the actual texture and that is incredibly difficult
Hello Pete. I need two small plastic trims painted, and dropping them into Curries would suit me. Do you know if they are interested in small jobs, or would they only be into bigger/more involved paint jobs?