Best insurance company?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Only used Legal & General and Policy Expert myself. Never had to claim off them though

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Just rereading the thread I thought you meant house/home insurance lol sorry, reading the buying/building thread too much lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Im with Hastings Direct for the Jag. Insure modified cars and no one could beat their price. £500 fully comp with breakdown cover.

Reactions: Ben

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
There's really is no answer for this question other than phoning round different companies (or using the price comparison sites) and getting quotes.

Every company is different for everyone and every car. I've my two cars insured with different companies (Scooby Greenlight, and Scirocco Admiral) as they couldn't get close on price when trying to insure one or the other and it was way cheaper than one if those multi car policies.

There's also a difference between best and cheapest. Personally I'd pay a bit extra for better cover.

Be prepared for a random list of different insurance companies.

Last edited:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I was with Greenlight for a couple of years when I owned my 197, then they couldn't get near a quote from Adrian Flux so have been with them since.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
I agree, they're all gangsters!

One year "good" quote... The next they screw you over and your a year older with 1 NCB. Extra and same car yet their renewal quote has increased alot.

Buy the best policy that you need for the cheapest price you can find it. Job done

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
None of them. Just pick the cheapest to ensure you're legal.

Not true, some are woeful.

Avoid one called "The Policy Shop", my dad's had a handling already. Went and read reviews about them, most people seem to have an awful experience with them, hidden charges etc.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
You have to ring around and see what comes up best.As others have mentioned apart from being gangsters it depends on the car and so on.I had a lot of trouble insuring my car at renewal.The price nearly doubled on the year before even though I was with them 7 years!no loyalty lol.The insurance tax didn't help but I ended up insuring it with autoline.Very good to deal with and miles cheaper than others.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I currently have polices with.....
high performance - Pace Ward
Modified/track - Greenlight
Anything standard - Autoline have been unbeatable for me

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Define 'best'? They are all robbers.

Phone about and find what represents good value for the policy which suits your needs.

I am with Admiral and have been for a while.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I've been with Autoline up in Ballymena-hey for the last few years and they have been first class. Nothing is a trouble for them.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I had to renew through Admiral this year, no one could touch their price. Although saying that, the auto-renewal they sent out was for £666.80, I lifted the phone to tell them where to stick it and the guy instantly came back with a quote for £350. Crooks.

loliver

RMS Regular
Drives
nurburgring 223
My insurance is up for renewal for the Vxr, I have been with admiral for the last 4 years but this year their renewal quote is £200 dearer than last years! I've had no claims/points etc. Just done a quick comparison and got a quote from 'Hastings essential' for £500 cheaper than my current quote. Has anyone heard of them or dealt with them?

Chris0

RMS Regular
Didn't want to start a new thread

Has anyone heard of advance insurance? Quote is by far the cheapest for me but are their policies limited mileage or anything like that?

Or any PERSONAL experiences with Zenith?
I see online there is a lot of bad reviews but has anyone used them before or had a claim with them?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.