Bluetooth handsfree for Mini Cooper - what options

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Hi all,

Not particularly up to speed with this type of stuff these days so need to know what the options are. The better half has a Mini Cooper with the standard CD headunit in it, what I would like to get her is a bluetooth device for handsfree calling etc but also able to play music over bluetooth OR have an Aux input for a cabled connection. Not sure if it is relevant but it will be an Android phone - budget is probably the most important thing, don't want to spend the earth but at the same time it needs to be decent enough to be useful.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
Any recommendations? Do they have built in microphones or do they need to be wired in?

pablo

RMS Moderator
some have wired ones which would be better quality I guess as you can get it up the APillar.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I love my double-din pioneer, FH-X700BT, but doubt if this will fit the mini cooper? not knowing what year car you have makes the choice a bit harder!! Is it a 1968? 2013? somewhere in between?? There's a clue in your initial enquiry - I doubt they fitted a CD player as standard to the 1968 ones!! :grinning:

Get one with a separate mic and built-in Parrot kit!!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
Cheers guys, ended up getting a Pioneer DEH-4500BT and fitted yesterday. Doesn't seem a bad job so far :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.