BMW E28 in black

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Would be the same that's why the 520i is still on the option list. It's very chome bumpered.
Would you think £7k is a good price for a clean 520i? I know it's right on market value at the minute but just would like a second option
I'd personally have the m535 over the 520, especially as it's a manual, even though I personally don't like the m535i kit.

Prices are hard to judge to be honest, but they don't seem to be going down in money for good ones. I'm not really sure whether 7k is a good price or not in fairness, first instinct is to think it's dear, but then good E28s are much cheaper than than anymore!

A 520i would still be a nice place to sit and drive, but a manual m535i would be more special (albeit at probably twice the price).

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I’d go for the m535i every time regardless of colour and the kits distinctive for much of a better word but entirely liveable so why not. I’d an 4 door e36 M3 evo there so I know greens not for everyone but so long as you like it well then all good
44018219-FE5F-4216-90F5-60F4AD4D1CF8.jpeg

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
OP
greyfloppyhat
I'm actually speaking to Steve in bahnstomers at the minute about this car. He's ideally looking to sell it as a restoration commissioned with himself...at £15k :confounded:

I'm trying to see if he'll sell it as is.

I also should mention I did pick up a super clean, ready to use E28 in diamond schwartz. Deadline for the wedding is closing in and had to find something. Also an ex bahnstormers car actually, but at least this one is ready to use and enjoy

AC7F99E2-4591-4ADD-AEAB-24766B2CE85B.png

Last edited:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I'm actually speaking to Steve in bahnstomers at the minute about this car. He's ideally looking to sell it as a restoration commissioned with himself...at £15k :confounded:

I also should mention I did pick up a super clean, ready to use E28 in diamond schwartz. Deadline for the wedding is closing in and had to find something. Also an ex bahnstormers car actually, but at least this one is ready to use and enjoy

View attachment 315590
That looks lovely!

How are you finding it? They really are a nice thing to drive, even autos and handle nicely.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i

View attachment 315590
Nice ! Yeh he seems to do operate that way

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
OP
greyfloppyhat
That looks lovely!

How are you finding it? They really are a nice thing to drive, even autos and handle nicely.
I haven't got a chance to drive it much tbh, I think we've had one good day since it arrived. But have loved the few miles I've been in it, it's had an overhaul underneath not too long ago and a few arms poly bushed at that time.

Nice to be in seats with proper springs again and this is a manual so great fun revving through the gears, even though you don't get anywhere too quick. I have the engine for my 325 sport here, so it may end up in here.... or maybe the shorter diff if it fits.
I think a shorter LSD would make a lot more fun.

Just need to change the tires to ones that a bit less balloony, these are 60 (might even be 65) profiles on 15s maybe some 50/55s. These ones are a bit old now too.
If I find some e38 16' wheels at a decent price that'd make a nice oem upgrade.

Then either get an M5 splitter for the front or the BBS one. Leaning towards the BBS one atm but I know that will lead me down an expensive rabbit hole....

Also trying to find a crack free dash atm, but it's proving impossible :worried: so if you have stashed away that would be brilliant ;)

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Where do the dash’s crack at? I’ve never seen it happen. Must be an 70/80s bm thing. I don’t think e32s have that problem