BMW E46 Owners Clubsport gearknob

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Im still debating between opting for a 320D, 330D, 325i or a 330i clubsport

The clubsport is a cracking car, but if Im averaging 22MPG I wouldn't be able to run it :worried:

a 320D would sort the MPG, but Im not a fan of dervs these days and if you're going for a beemer it has to be a straight six - the note is so addictive :imp:

a 330D may be something to consider but they seem to be hens teeth if you want a coupe :worried:

so is a 325i a happy medium or is it to be avoided?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
325 is fine, I have 320 (2,2 Straight 6 170bhp) and honestly it has all the power I need. Plenty of torque and I never find myself wishing it was faster.

Im getting 34mpg out of it and on a run to dublin averaged 43 lol I honestly can't fault it at all. I also have the misses 300bhp Focus ST in the drive and never ever lift the keys of it now since I got my BM.

I am a hardcore bmw saddo though lol

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
325 is fine, I have 320 (2,2 Straight 6 170bhp) and honestly it has all the power I need. Plenty of torque and I never find myself wishing it was faster.

Im getting 34mpg out of it and on a run to dublin averaged 43 lol I honestly can't fault it at all. I also have the misses 300bhp Focus ST in the drive and never ever lift the keys of it now since I got my BM.

I am a hardcore bmw saddo though lol

That's pretty good fuel economy Pete for a petrol 6 cyclinder lump
I'll have a look at the 320 petrol's too

I take it the 318's + 320D's are the only 4 cyclinder versions 3 of the 3 series?

FL1P 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT 225
I have a 325 ci and it's a great car, the straight 6 sounds like an aircraft taking off lol

Not as fast as a 330 but still has enough poke for me and all the toys with full electric leather etc

Getting about 25-27 mpg and that's with mixed driving!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I have a 325 ci and it's a great car, the straight 6 sounds like an aircraft taking off lol

Not as fast as a 330 but still has enough poke for me and all the toys with full electric leather etc

Getting about 25-27 mpg and that's with mixed driving!

I was going to PM you lad about your E46

thats the MPG Im getting in the Fezzer ST with mixed driving ATM and she's only a 2 litre!

FL1P 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT 225
No problem dude(y) they are a great car for the money lotta flash for little cash n all that:cool:... Plus all the toys!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Ill get 35mpg out of mine on a run, sadly 90% of my driving is from glengormley to city centre and back in rush hour hence the 22ish.

On a side note got my CS gearknob yesterday (ordered at 4.30pm was there next morning). Its just perfect now, especially with the shortshift and a gearbox oil change up at AI.

Jonny

RMS Regular
Get around 27 or 29 if I'm being good :innocent:

But I use the train to and from work...

Get better miles from texaco super than bp ultimate too :confounded:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
thread revival:p
Wheres the best place to get a CS knob? Im lookin one for the M3 as the standard broomstick one is too high and has no weight in it so doesnt have a nice throw on it.....only good thing about it is it lights up red but i do like the look of the CS one too, more modern

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
lol i completely for got about Rab....hopefully he will be along soon, also looking a new set of interior door handles in Titan shadow, but they seem hard to get!

jimcupra

RMS Regular
lol i completely for got about Rab....hopefully he will be along soon, also looking a new set of interior door handles in Titan shadow, but they seem hard to get!

Not like he does much during the day he will be along soon :p...

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They pop up on eBay every now and again but to be honest, I'd just go to BMW for one.

Ben P

RMS Regular
OP
Ben P
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I actually have mine for sale, its still like New!
5sp version.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
bmw%20perf%20135%20shift%20300.jpg

i put this one into my e46 its alot shorter but has some weight behind it

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.