Drives
SEAT
_132150065_gettyimages-1741629390.jpg.webp

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
🫣

I keep my keys in a biscuit tin but it's full of other keys..........I think I'll upgrade to a special BMW key tin and put the lid on............

RevT

RMS Regular
They’re being broke into and digi dashes, steering wheels etc are being stolen. A mate of mine had his and his neighbours’ broke into in Cookstown. Boys know what they’re at.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Fella I know had his BMW 4 series taken a while ago from Saintfield via this method. I had literally told him a few days previous to keep his keys in a metal box or faraday pouch but he knew better and didn't see the need.

I've used a Mission Darkness brand pouch for my keys for about 5 years now. I check it regularly with their app and by taking it out to the car and it's still going well. Cost me £22 back then but I see it's now £33, still work it I'd say though.

GrantR

RMS Regular
I cause guys trying to steal my 2 series 2-3 years ago with this method, key was in a Faraday pouch and they soon took off when confronted.

I've used various brands, they all seem to fail after 3-6 months depending on frequency of use. Currently using Mission Darkness and they have also failed, but they do replace them within warranty FOC.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Is it just keyless entry? I've keyless start but have to hit the button to open the car

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Is it just keyless entry? I've keyless start but have to hit the button to open the car

Yep, keyless entry fobs (well the older ones) are constantly sending out a signal with the thieves use equipment to pick up and amplify to open the car than can then start the car (using a variety of methods) and drive off. It's stopping them getting the initial signal that the faraday pouches/metal tins are trying to stop.

Some of the newer keyless entry fobs have motion sensors in them and if they're still for a few mins they stop transmitting their signal and only start again when picked up/moved.