BTCC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
And he shoved cook (I think) out of the way in the third when everyone else was able to drive round the outside of him.

Neal isn't fit to hold a race licence.

I have to agree with you, I genuinely think its time for him to hang up his helmet after some of his hits already this season and last.

Awesome weekend for Turkington! Subaru who?

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
lucy f.jpg
Donington Park: Austin 'knew Toyota was good enough for pole'

• Handy Motorsport's Rob Austin admitted he was already confident his Toyota Avensis was capable of securing pole position during today's British Touring Car Championship qualifying at Donington Park.

Following Ashley Sutton's dramatic post-qualifying exclusion, Austin has inherited pole for tomorrow's opening race having initially set the second fastest time behind the Subaru.

The Toyota Avensis driver has featured towards the top of the timesheets throughout the entirety of the event so far but needed to recover from the tail end in the shootout following a tricky first set of runs.

"I'd have taken P2 obviously. Front row, I'm not going to argue with that. We knew we had a car good enough for pole today. That's what I really wanted. I put a lot of pressure on myself to do it," Austin told Crash.net.

"I tensed up a lot and made some mistakes. After the first set of tyres I was 18th. The red flag fortunately gave me a chance to have a stern word with myself. I had a chat with myself and got it sorted.

"That lap came together really nicely. I got a good tow from Aiden [Moffat]. I'm just really happy. It's not a massive surprise to us. We're happy so hopefully we can convert it tomorrow."

Having been unable to translate his promising pace into consistent results at Brands Hatch, Austin said he realised this weekend presented his outfit 'with a window to shine' without running any ballast.

"With all the top-ten carrying ballast we knew that opened a window for us to shine here because we're ballast free," Austin continued.

"I'm aware it could change around in race two with the ballast so it could be quite tricky but I'm up for a fight.

"I think in this championship you've got to play the long game. I might have to. I might not have the pace but I really want it [the win]. I'm going for it and I'll fight to the death for it!"

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Holy f**k that's a horrendous crash in F4 (formula Ford things)

Waiting to hear if the drivers alright 8-(

Definitely watch the Clios, lasted about 30secs before it was red flagged. Everyone alright but very impressive accident lol

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Horror crash there in the F4, I hear leg injuries is the latest for the lad, shows how strong these things are built.

The clios incident was chaos lol

Touring cars still only racing worth watching having watched it and F1 back to back

Shaun

RMS Regular
Was a bad crash alright. Hes critical although a few reports saying he passed away. :eek:

Nice to hear Col got P1 in the last race, shedden got disqualified as the car was too low :laughing:

Last edited:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Was waiting for Sheddon's usual flailing arms getting out of the car after the ride height check but he seemed to control his drama queen act. Great result for Turk

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was waiting for Sheddon's usual flailing arms getting out of the car after the ride height check but he seemed to control his drama queen act. Great result for Turk

Loved Paul O'Neills comment, "he's got a face of thunder on him" lol

Shaun

RMS Regular
Billy Monger has had both his legs amputated after that F4 accident (n) Crowdfunding page been setup for him is at £87k already.

simy

RMS Regular
That's horrible, watching the crash i felt his upper body and arms took the worst. Will donate.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Billy Monger has had both his legs amputated after that F4 accident (n) Crowdfunding page been setup for him is at £87k already.
Oh ****, knew it was bad tho as there hadn't been an news.

Wonder what this will do in that series. Pretty freak accident.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
That's horrible, watching the crash i felt his upper body and arms took the worst. Will donate.
Could see his right knee was where the steering wheel should be.

Horrific crash, made me jump when it happened.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Horrible news about Young Billy, don't see many full head on crashes like that in motorsport, I hope he passed on on impact so he didn't have to suffer the pain.

I see the other driver was recovering from a spin not stopped or broke down as some suggested.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Just gave a £10 myself. Unbelievable rate of donation.

Shaun

RMS Regular
He's been in an induced coma since it happened and not being taken out for another few days so he will likely know nothing of what happened.

Shaun

RMS Regular
A hateful 1-2 in the first race lol
Hopefully Colin can make a bit more in race 2

Dan Lloyd in a pretty big smash thankfully hes ok.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Collard finished 1st after a brilliant start in the restart of race 2 and Matt neal having to pit.

Shredded wheat took a hardy hit too.

Turkington on pole for race 3

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Race 2 got interesting, brilliant by Collard there, proper racing and well done (y)

Rest a bit meh as usual at that track, but happy Colin got a good result in 3, and that the Hondas didn't get it all their way.

What is up with Plato? Has been nowhere to be seen...

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Race 2 got interesting, brilliant by Collard there, proper racing and well done (y)

Rest a bit meh as usual at that track, but happy Colin got a good result in 3, and that the Hondas didn't get it all their way.

What is up with Plato? Has been nowhere to be seen...
Must be a great circuit to drive with the speed and the cars always on edge, twitching and sliding but racing is never the best.

Plato cearly doesn't want it talk to Media either as he's usually the go to boy for something interesting.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.