Bump=bang

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brendan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
I was parked in the town at the side of the road....

With a 106 in front of me, a nissan tried to get into the space in front of the 106 *(which was obvious that it wouldnt fit) while reversing bumped into the 106......the 106 rolled back and hit my front bumper resulting in a few scrapes and a crack.....in the mean time i was still on the horn.....as i thought there was a driver in the 106

me-106-space-rover
........Nissan

There was nobody in the 106.....the hand brake was not on.....i was sitting in my car all along.

The nissan driver got out and was talking to me....when the 106 owner arrived and said the nissan owner was responsible for damage to both cars......

While he insisted he was liable for the damage to the 106 but not to my car due to the fact that the 106 handbrake was not on.....

After a while of aguring his point the woman phoned the police who said "As of the 1st of september we do not come out to this type of accident"

I got both the nissan and the 106 owners details.....

the man in the nissan is responsible for the damage to my car....... right????

Thanks for any help

Brendy

beefo

RMS Regular
have u tried phonin your own insurance company, see if they can shed any light? I would have thought it was the nissan's, but then again it's a bit stupid parked without handbrake on!!

pablo

RMS Moderator
I guess the nissan caused it and there is NO proof that the handbrake wasnt on in the 106.

let the lawyers sort it out :grinning:

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
they will maybe end up doing one of these 60/40 blame jobbies or whatever because yes the nissan caused it, but extra damage may not have been done if the pug had its handbrake on.

Brendan

RMS Regular
OP
Brendan
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
thought that myself smick....

what is best to do get estimates and inform the other owners and/or ring my insurance company.....

It was quite a thud and my shoulder feels fecked again...............ffs

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
BALLS BRENDY, sorry to bout that man, good old shoulder away to the wall again,no good mate

hope you get it sorted soon mate with little 5hit as possible

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
afaik the best way to go about it is to notify your insurace company who will fix your car and claim the money off the 106's insurance, then the 106's insurance will claim from the nissan for the 106 to be fixed plus the outlay they had to give to your insurance company, unfortunatly it sucks but its the way insurance companys work and it will prob take a long time

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
brendy get a quote and give it to the 106 driver, tell him because he hit you he has to sort it out, tell him if he feels that it wasnt his fault then he can pass it on to the nissan driver! iether way you want the money for the damage!

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
unfortunatly things dont work like that, it would have been alot easier if the driver of the 106 was actually in the car id think, good luck in seeing this sorted within the next few years cause i know my accident took over a year to sort and it was a straight forward case with regards to blame etc, if the damage isnt too great you migth be best biting the bullet and fixing it yourself and take it on the chin cause legal advice is very expensive and your not going to get a claim out of it

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
the chances are it will be fixed himself anyway, just the fact that the guy in the nissan is being some what ignorant!!! clearly his fault, i can understand tho if the hand break had have been up then damage may have been less!

Kinda stupid to park and not put ur hand break up some one could have pushed his car down the street in front of a bus, purely stupid!

Brendan

RMS Regular
OP
Brendan
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
i think that is is the nissan drivers fault regardless wether or not the hand brake was on......as

if he had not hit the 106 then there would be no damage to my car......

But then again if the hand brake was on my car wouldnt have got hit as i was a good bit behind it.....

^^^Sort off contradicted myself there^^^didnt I

i know joe this shoulder is messed up........wasnt sore last nite but when i woke up.....it is quite unbearable..........and that bone is still sitting out from the last crash........lol

@pacology--- ive the pads in the house called round a couple of time but no one has been in.....and i havnt had a chance working to many hours ffs

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
ah never worry lad was looking to get them sorted out for Caronology but its past so just when every u get a chance will do!

you and that shoulder have no luck lol! hope u get everything sorted!

RedBandit

How fast was he going when he hit the 106? I would've thought bumping another car while parking wouldn't have given it enough momentum to do any real damage to yours, never mind wreck your shoulder... ^o)

Steve.

Brendan

RMS Regular
OP
Brendan
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
he wasnt going that fast......but i was a good bit behind the 106 and it sort off gained speed.....it wasnt the bumper of the 106 that hit me it was the fecking toeing eye that hit my bumper resulting in the damage and my car being jolted back.............

As for my shoulder i injured it in a RTA about 2 years ago-- fracturing and dislocating it......which i received phisiothearpy......to be honest it really helped but it was never the same.......im not sure whether the accident caused it to be sore again or i might have twisted/pulled it............but it is genuinley sore.........

Matt123

RMS Regular
VTR_BRENDY_VTS said:
he wasnt going that fast......but i was a good bit behind the 106 and it sort off gained speed.....it wasnt the bumper of the 106 that hit me it was the fecking toeing eye that hit my bumper resulting in the damage and my car being jolted back.............

As for my shoulder i injured it in a RTA about 2 years ago-- fracturing and dislocating it......which i received phisiothearpy......to be honest it really helped but it was never the same.......im not sure whether the accident caused it to be sore again or i might have twisted/pulled it............but it is genuinley sore.........

hmmm, i smell someone rooting for a claim :relieved: :relieved:

Matt

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
Matt123 said:
VTR_BRENDY_VTS said:

hmmm, i smell someone rooting for a claim :relieved: :relieved:

Matt

that would be the second! lol :party:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
but the 106 didnt role back and hit brendy on its own! so therefore its obviously the other fellas fault, let the judges dicide!

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Personally i'd report it to my insurance company - let them deal with it. You'll have to pay the excess on your policy to begin with but you will get it back. My last one accident where someone rolled into my car at speed after not applying the handbrake took about 5 months to sort itself out.

It doesn't matter which one of their faults it is - bottom line is it wasn't your fault so your insurance company will have to figure it out and in the end you'll get it paid for and your excess back.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.