Burn Road Trade Sales

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
Hi, I’ve a friend from Dublin interested in a car that these guys are selling but it’s got no log book or service history. I said that I wouldn’t buy it but the dealer seems to get decent reviews, has anyone here bought from them before? Thanks

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Stafford is 100%

It’s surprising the amount of stuff retailing at the minute with no history, log book will be easy sorted.

Ciaran

RMS Regular
OP
Ciaran
Drives
i3 REX
Cheers Pete, it’s an Evoque - I’ve already warned her the engine could blow up at any time!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Stafford is serious steam. Spent a couple of weeks with him at a rally one time.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Cheers Pete, it’s an Evoque - I’ve already warned her the engine could blow up at any time!
Yup, well known problems with oil dilution because the DPF is too far from the manifold and doesn't get hot enough to burn off the soot.

End result is the car continually trying to complete a DPF regeneration (clean) and the unburnt extra fuel eventually over months trickling past the piston rings into the sump.

Range Rovers diesels are bad for this including the Range Rover Sport. Jaguar E-Pace and XJ diesels are also affected.

Cheaper to get a petrol. I've a copy of the statement JLR released for sales advice somewhere, with affected models.