camera at broadway r'about

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
This may have been covered before, but i was just curious what was the craic with the sign displaying your speed as you leave the broadway roundabout heading south on the M1? Is this an actual speed camera or just a visual warning? :oops:

ADAM

nicolec2

RMS Regular
Drives
2x Mini, 1xEunos
they arent speed cameras afaik, they just tell you your speed as a warning

big cyril

RMS Regular
Every one of those things I have driven past has said I was doing about 5 mph less than the speedo.
Anyone elso notice a difference?

big cyril

RMS Regular
It was Mrs Cyril's Passat Estate which is as standard as can be. It even has the VW dealer sticker on.

I think bigger wheels would make the speedo under read (Someone correct if that's wrong).

marty55

RMS Member
Drives
crx vt-t
cant be a speed camera as it would have to be calibrated all the time, possibly everyday so its just a silly sign that tells you that you are going to fast for the roadworks

nicolec2

RMS Regular
Drives
2x Mini, 1xEunos
yeah the police leave them sittin on wee trailers about the place the odd time ive seen quite a few now almpst certain they aint speed cameras just there to make you aware of your speed

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
big cyril said:
Every one of those things I have driven past has said I was doing about 5 mph less than the speedo.
Anyone elso notice a difference?

Every time i pass it i think to myself it would be good to pass it at night when the road is quiet, to see just how accurate my speedo/it is.

Brendan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
they are not accurate at all....i was driving along on easter monday it was about 2.30am i was doing 45mph on the dot.....although the sign said i was doing 50mph.....

Then when coming back heading north....i could see the sign flashing all different speeds even though there were no cars drving towards it......

they dont record your speed.....

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
there used to be one on the dual carriage way at mossley before the short stretch of motorway at sandeknows (spl)

it was not accurate - i came round the corner at 50 and it read me doing 70mph :eek:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Your speedo isn't 100% accurate anyway, anyone with GPS will know that your speedo runs about 4-5mph out at about 60mph

big cyril

RMS Regular
RCoog said:
Your speedo isn't 100% accurate anyway, anyone with GPS will know that your speedo runs about 4-5mph out at about 60mph

Ah - interesting , anyone else with GPS care to comment on the difference between actual speed as per GPS and speedo reading?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Thanks for replies. Certainly made me more aware. Was worried that i was going to get 3 points.

Glad to know it's just a warning.

Kiffer

Drives
98 Teg Type R
There used to be one on the A1 at Banbridge and if I went though it in my bog standard golf at 40 on the speedo it read 37.So they can read higher or lower.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.