Camera Warning Flashing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
found this on another site , thought it would be useful

A verdict that a driver who was found Not Guilty of obstructing a bib by a crown court, of warning oncoming drivers by flashing his headlights, that they were approaching a Scam-in-Waiting zone was challenged by the DPP and the Great English Justice system, in the appeals court.

The appeals court Dismissed the appeal----which means that it becomes case Law--and drivers cannot be prosecuted for flashing lights to "advise drivers of an approaching-Safety Zone".

So--ZMCoupe drivers-get Flashing
icon_rolleyes.gif
(headlights)please.

Wish you all, a Safe christmas and New Year.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
we do that any way up here

they often send another unmarked car out to look for ppl flashing

just dont flash any vectras

tim

RMS Regular
i dipped my headlights as a police car was passing me the other direction and then spun round and pulled me over!!

do you know why we are pulling you over young man.... its not because you are a young man.... blahblahblah...

just bored out of ther wits at 3am

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Ive flashed the light at a vectra before, only to see two peelers in it :confounded:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Any more detail of the trial, date etc ?? Just in case anyone gets caught in the same situation and needs to make reference to it.

Ive heard the cops do this quite often. Seems very petty, when they claim they want to prevent people speeding, not catch them...

excursion

Drives
MR2 Rocket
unless your lawer is a complete moron drivers cannot be prosecuted for flashing lights to "advise drivers of an approaching-Safety Zone". becides that you are free to flash your headlight till ur arm falls off providing you dont cause an accident. best way to avoid getting pulled over is to turn your diped beams on and just sidelight/diped lights

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Actually, it was illegal to warn other drivers of speed checks etc. I know a cop who told me himself they used to sit up the road and watch for people flashing. Cant remember what the exact charge was supposed to be though

pablo

RMS Moderator
perverting the course of justice probably.

IIRC you are only meant to flash your lights in an emergency to alert other road users to your presence.

btw law in england doesnt mean law in NI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.