Can someone explain why Supercar Blondie is a thing?

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Re. the likes of Schmee, again not a fan mostly because I have zero interest in the cars. But clearly puts the work in, who cares if there is family money there.

nah, he definitely didn't make it himself. he was a winter ski instructor in val d'Isere or something then went on to sell phone covers in london from a stall then boom his first video is wearing his rolex and just bought a lambo :laughing: its total horseh1t to think he made any real money himself at the beginning. he's probably doing fairly well now with his view and subscriber count but still nowhere enough to buy the lifestyle he's been in from day one.

@Boydie donut media you say...

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Schmee's dad owns a big business I read somewhere, his accent is a bit of a giveaway too.

I just don't watch any of his content, im sure the super car youtubers will start to decline as people get bored of the same old ****

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I don’t understand the appeal of Supercar Blondie at all. It might just be that she seems to have access to cars that no one else does, so if you were interested in whatever prototype Supercar she’s yapping about, you have no choice but to watch her. As no other YouTuber will have a video about that car. 🤷‍♂️

My YouTube subscriptions are;
Harry’s Garage
Donut
Car Throttle
Jay Leno’s Garage
Car Pervert
Tyrells Classic Workshop
Carfection
Dennis Collins
Hoovies Garage
Smith & Sniff
Chris Harris on cars

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Schmee's dad owns a big business I read somewhere, his accent is a bit of a giveaway too.

I just don't watch any of his content, im sure the super car youtubers will start to decline as people get bored of the same old ****

shmee was an investment banker are far as I’m aware and that’s how he made his money Although not doubt he probably had a few quid anyway. Can’t stand him though

44teeth channel is the best for bikes. Funny also. The budget bike series is always worth watching. The superbike mega test series is a cracker.

producermichael is good for unreal house tours in LA and watches.

Seen through glass is also good for car stuff. Very well shot usually and the podcast is good with Tony a car dealer who is entertaining also it’s called Behind The Glass.

Foresnic detailing is good as well.

What I don’t get is how they make any money really. YouTube ad revenue isn’t great and they don’t seem to do a lot of sponsernd content.
If anyone says the like MR JWW they need to leave. Talks like he has swallowed a bloody dictionary.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
shmee was an investment banker are far as I’m aware and that’s how he made his money Although not doubt he probably had a few quid anyway. Can’t stand him though

The small matter of the family owning the Burton clothing outlets might have something to do with it. Rags to riches are much more rare on YT/anywhere in life!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I don’t like shmee but I listened to this podcast and I like him a bit better. Still not enough to watch his stuff

he talks about his past, education, jobs, etc...

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
See goonzsquad have bought a house now. Not sure are they both gonna live in it? One of them is married iirc.

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
I don’t like shmee but I listened to this podcast and I like him a bit better. Still not enough to watch his stuff

he talks about his past, education, jobs, etc...

on the subject of pod casts the harris one had a chat with a you tuber guy and another with the guy that harris him self was involved with for the 'Drive' you tube channel, the conclusion was that currently you tube rewards all the super sickly , hey guys look at this shiny / influencer type thing and the manufacturers only want exposure so will favour the bigger numbers, ie the influencer volume sillyness.

Harris' own experience was that you tube gave the drive channel a lot of funding to create content and they made some good production quality stuff, but this finished up when the money finished as they can get the same ad revenue from the high volume / low quality ''hey guys whats up today '' type vlogger / influencer, so thats what they do , thus drive is a thing of the past and also things like road kill which i used to love on you tube.

there is a science / technique to keeping and attracting views and some of the you tubers are skilled at it and giving the you tube algorithim what it wants , theres even videos on how some you tubers are successful lol !: but quality out put is seemingly irrelevant.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
See goonzsquad have bought a house now. Not sure are they both gonna live in it? One of them is married iirc.
Wondered that myself. Ground they bought has 15acres. Plenty of room for another house

Zach57

RMS Regular
Can’t stand the sight of Supercar Blondie and I watch the odd Shmee Video if it’s got a car or he’s at an event that interests me, I couldn’t care less how he makes his money or why he bought the latest Supercar that will be obsolete in 6 months.
The channels that I watch religiously are
Driftsworks
Harry’s Garage/Farm
Tyrells classic workshop
Hoonigan’s
Jay Leno’s Garage
M539 Restorations

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I think I've only watched one or two SCB videos and had very little interest in them or the presenting style. No real information or objective reviewing, no real knowledge of the subject. Don't give a sh1t what she looks like but it winds me up that people with no knowledge or experience are being pushed to the fore over properly qualified journalists.

My YouTube car subs look like this:
Harry's Garage/Farm
The Skid Factory
Benny's Custom Works
CarPervert (Johnny Smith)
Nitrosilvia (Rover SD1 and assorted other Rover group tat fiddling)
Kerney (Local motorsport videos & photos, mostly autotests, hillclimbs and sprints)
Dirtfish (WRC and other rally content)
Official WRC channel
Bad Obsession Motorsport (Binky)
Goodwood Road & Racing
Charlie's Classic & Custom (Home of the Japuar)
Stopastride (Local Autotest vids)
J-turn Media (Some class Autotest vids)
PeugeotCosworthVids (Andy Burton's mental rally car)

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I think she's beaut but her reviews definitely aren't to be taken too seriously. She's not quite the reviewer level of Chris Harris but definitely easier to look at!

I don't watch much YouTube at all bar Mighty Car Mods and the odd Monkey London video.

Too many out there and I'm not that interested in vlogs as such. They bore me.

j44nty

RMS Regular
Boosted boiz
Pfi speed
Sam crac
Vtuned
Goonsquad
Drift works
Cleetus mcfarland
Dirt lifestyle
4wd 24-7
Humble performance
Motion auto tv
Llf (it’s a bit annoying but at least the cars get a good seeing too)
Tommyfyeah
Hondapro jason
Danny dc2 (now dan sylvester)
Trail recon
Mighty car mods

I find all the other uk ones boring and pompous to listen to and get bored very quickly Henry catchpole’s only redemption is the fact he daily’s a 182 clio.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am really surprised out of the lists above you guys dont watch Carfection or Donut Media (for some silly, entertaining car stuff)

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
I tried the Donut stuff but couldnt warm to them
Home Built by Jeff is good too, and Mrs Jeff is pretty milfy

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I am the only one that find donut media irritating?

For the sake of 4 quid a month its worth getting Motortrend on Demand if you have Amazon Prime. Roadkill is still good, Faster with Finnegan is also good and the surprising one is Junkyard Gold, literally just a guy walking through scrapyards in the states talking about the old American stuff there, it's actually really interesting.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
i only watch the stuff with the main guy james pumphrey, the others aren't too charismatic to carry the format they're going for. their 350z comparison was a bit of craic to watch too and something pretty original that others haven't really done (not that i've gone looking)

Reactions: Ben

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I love Donut Media's stuff.

My favourite youtuber is Hoovies Garage though. Such a diverse mix of stuff on it

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Hoovie is such a muppet though, I cant bring myself to subscribe to him but I kinda secretly enjoy watching his vids. That porsche speedster rep thing he just got looks amazing

56oval

RMS Regular
I've watched most stuff and I find there's just too much content of people doing the same stuff in their own way, a well used and worn out format imo. I have zero interest in scb, shmee, ddd, etc etc. Have have no interest so much of it, if its shouty American stuff I switch off. My favourite is 1320 video, brilliant coverage, import vs domestic, import world Cup, texas mile, top speed stuff etc etc. I also find myself watching a lot of Tim Mcannis stuff and weirdly Gale Banks (Banks Power)