Car bubble talk to me!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
Hi guys,

Been thinking a lot lately about getting one of these bubbles to keep the cars in, has anyone any experience using the indoor ones and out door ones? over the years I've seen a few post pics on here but never took a lot of interest at the time which looking back i should have!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Andrew

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I have a Carcoon Veloce and its spot on. Exactly what I wanted as it stays up when the car is out so its just a drive in drive out job. Plus comes with a charger for the car an all.

Went for a medium and can get the mini and the motorbike in at the same time which is ideal. I'm thinking of getting another one for when I buy another car as its like having a mini garage inside the main garage and keeps all the dust, condensation drips and other crap off the cars.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

steenson

RMS Regular
OP
steenson
Drives
misc 80's/90's
@gav525 that looks the job for indoor alright! what are they like for room for getting out of the car? I'm a fat **** and don't want to have to ask someone skinny to par the car inside every time i use it! lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Easiest thing in the world lol! Not only is there loads of room down the sides, the clear side bits also unzip so you have full all round access!

You can see better in this photo here:

image.jpeg

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I've the air chamber which I picked up second hand, absolutely great kit even after months of storage not even surface rust on brake disks

Has the tent structure inside to hold shape once inflated so you can drive in and out easily

Also side access door is handy to get to drivers door etc

TBH any of them will do your job just pick a size that suits your car and garage

%5BURL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/m00k/media/calibra turbo/churchill002.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/m00k/media/calibra turbo/churchill003.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/m00k/media/calibra turbo/churchill004.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/m00k/media/calibra turbo/churchill007.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/m00k/media/calibra turbo/churchill025.jpg.html][/URL]

One thing on mine one of the small fans failed and was £50 for replacement so I just checked the specs and size and hey we're same as a pc fan got a pack of ten for about £12 just had to hard wire rather than use a connector

steenson

RMS Regular
OP
steenson
Drives
misc 80's/90's
they look the absolute job! like the thought of the incorporated charger but have a c-tek there too so its nice and quick. Thanks for the input guys!

Just need an idea what the outdoor ones are like!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Heard mixed report shows on the outdoor ones but then again you'll get that with everything!!

Some saying in really high winds it would still batter off the side of the sides of the car so depend perhaps how sheltered an area it would be in and again snow weight be a consideration too

Come spring time you'd see a few pop up on eBay with classics coming out of hibernation or being sold on easier chamber is really simple design

Two 80mm fans and if you put car in wet after use or washing etc there's a zip flap to open to allow moisture out

RCT

RMS Regular
I have 7 free standing air chambers and my friend has 5 of the older type carcoons, that you zip up round the car. He has had them for over 20 years and had one particular car that was stored for 10 years solid. Fuel was remove prior to it going in. When it was took out, new fuel was put in and it started 1st time! No stuck brakes or mould or even dust, as the car was same condition as it Went in. He's only had one motor fail in over 20 years of use! I'd def recommend them, but make sure to check and change or wash the filters when they get dirty, just order a spare set as they aren't dear.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Airchamber is great indoors, just drive in and out. Takes a bit of space obviously but should fit in most garages.

I have an outdoor Carcoon for outside, brilliant. Has lasted through half a dozen winters now, no bother at all. A little more faffing about getting it on or off, would not want to do it every day, but only really 10-15 minutes so not too bad. Perfect for leaving the car for a week or two, it is drier outside in the Carcoon than just in the garage, and no dust either.

The Carcoon is complete with battery charger and all. Think the Airchamber is the same, just not sure.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.