Car Insurance increases

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
God help all the people not into their cars or aware they don't have to auto renew +o( can be guaranteed the insurance companies are raking it in threefold
100%. New policy starting on the A4 at end of the month. Got asked on the phone if I wanted to auto-renew - next year! I was a bit shocked and said "errrrrr no!" and laughed. Person on the other end of the line laughed too when I said I was surprised that was an option. So they know it's a scam too.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
So the quote I got off Admiral the other day mysteriously had "technical difficulties" which resulted in having to re-do it. Funny enough it was dearer than the original quote but whatever, I take that up with them when I get the feedback request.
£650 platinum cover, compared to my renewal quote of £1340 it'll do rightly.
It's been creeping towards £600 for the last couple of years with my last cars anyway so don't think it's the worst considering what I'm driving now.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
See I’m of the view that I will set up auto renew, just on the off chance something crazy happens come renewal time and i forget to renew it. At least I’m covered and should still have 14 days after it starts to cancel.

carson555

RMS Regular
Renewal in, £956 (25% up) from £767 last year for the two of us and our two cars.

Quick call to Admiral and it’s dropped to £893 (16% up on last year).

Will see what the comparison sites spit out.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
M3 is up next month, ran a quick comparison & Admiral are coming up slightly less than 1st Central were last year, I did drop 2k off the mileage but even at 3k PA, I'll never cover that. Not the worst result!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
See I’m of the view that I will set up auto renew, just on the off chance something crazy happens come renewal time and i forget to renew it. At least I’m covered and should still have 14 days after it starts to cancel.

I keep auto-renewal on for the same reason.

Cheapest quote I can get on the RS4 is £1150 :expressionless:

hillbilly

RMS Regular
For once, I will auto-renew with Admiral. Up £20 from last year for an i3S. Not bad considering all the scaremongering about insuring EVs!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That they need to do better and quit messing about. Usually I do a quote for them on the same cars and it's less than my renewal so we have an interesting discussion about loyalty. I think we are in around £2250 for 5 cars, none of which are particularly expensive or quick. :rolleyes: (Not including the MX5 which is on a classic policy)

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
What do you phone and say assuming they’re still the cheapest you’ve been quoted with?
"Its too expensive"
"You've been with us x years, let me see what we can do for you"

And just like magic the price is dropped by £200, literally every year without fail. it appears they just price slightly higher on every car every year and then fall back easy to keep you.

Although I did have to drop my parents xc90 off the policy cause it was just insanely high for no known reason, and it had been on it for probably 5 years. But the others all came down by about £50 each.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
"Its too expensive"
"You've been with us x years, let me see what we can do for you"

And just like magic the price is dropped by £200, literally every year without fail. it appears they just price slightly higher on every car every year and then fall back easy to keep you.

Although I did have to drop my parents xc90 off the policy cause it was just insanely high for no known reason, and it had been on it for probably 5 years. But the others all came down by about £50 each.

Good to know. I’ve just moved to them!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Got a reminder for my CLK, it's cheap enough at £177. There is the option to add on Homestart Recovery for £55, which includes recovery from your home as well as away. That seems like decent value for a 23 year old car?

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Got a reminder for my CLK, it's cheap enough at £177. There is the option to add on Homestart Recovery for £55, which includes recovery from your home as well as away. That seems like decent value for a 23 year old car?
£50 each for the Tiger and Cobra too. I usually take it at that. Nearly had to use it for the first time two weeks ago when I was on a run from Omagh to Carlingford and the throttle cable snapped entering a roundabout outside Camlough. Managed to fix by fitting a spare at the side of the road but nice to know it's there if it's needed.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
£50 each for the Tiger and Cobra too. I usually take it at that. Nearly had to use it for the first time two weeks ago when I was on a run from Omagh to Carlingford and the throttle cable snapped entering a roundabout outside Camlough. Managed to fix by fitting a spare at the side of the road but nice to know it's there if it's needed.
Alternator died on my tiger about 3 miles from home, no phone so had to run home with my steering wheel in hand lol then charge the battery up with jumps of the RR and fly home with no bonnet on before it dies again haha They are some craic, just wish it had a windscreen.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Alternator died on my tiger about 3 miles from home, no phone so had to run home with my steering wheel in hand lol then charge the battery up with jumps of the RR and fly home with no bonnet on before it dies again haha They are some craic, just wish it had a windscreen.
Believe it or not the throttle cable also snapped on my Tiger one day as well, both of them at the pedal. Such bad luck.
Also thought my alternator had died on the Tiger but it turned out the connections had just vibrated out of their crimps lol so that was easily enough fixed.

You can get them with a windscreen too. I like having the windscreen on the Cobra because it's just a lumpy cruiser to potter about in, but I like sending the Tiger on a bit down B roads so don't mind wearing a helmet with it for stones flying etc.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
You can get them with a windscreen too. I like having the windscreen on the Cobra because it's just a lumpy cruiser to potter about in, but I like sending the Tiger on a bit down B roads so don't mind wearing a helmet with it for stones flying etc.
Was maybe I just didn't persist with it enough but I found it hard to gel with no windscreen on anything but short journeys, wind near taking your head off at 50mph and thinking your doing 100mph then get to a corner and your actually going really slowly haha Still a bucket list car ticked off and had some great days out in it for realistically very little money.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I keep auto-renewal on for the same reason.

Cheapest quote I can get on the RS4 is £1150 :expressionless:

Direct Line knocked £104 off when I rang them, which was hundreds cheaper than anywhere else that was even willing to quote me. Greenlight wouldn't even quote me, Adrian Flux were £2700+ etc etc. I'm 41, clean licence, 8 years NCD (was on company insurance prior) etc. Mad.

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
I'd the Jimny insured as a second car with Lancaster last year meaning I'd no NCB to put against the policy. Premium £290

This year, my other car was gone so full NCB to put against policy now and another years claim free driving. Renewal £1100

Went to Abbey Autoline £350

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Being asked by Admiral if I would install a tracker

Good One Reaction GIF