Car Insurers in Northern Ireland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

linty264

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica GT
elephant.co.uk suck salty balls. They wanted another 282 quid for last years insurance because i forgot to tell them about 3 points i had for an accident even though i filled in the details of the accident. Apparently their gonna end up sendin it to a debt collection agency if i dont pay them. lol
Anyone else had probs like this? :confounded:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
If you filled it in on your application for insurance with them then its their fault. But if you failed to mention the fact you have 3 points then they are within their rights to through the book at you....for providing false or misleading information.

pablo

RMS Moderator
they were screwing me loads for 3 points too.

afaik they cant back charge you for omissions as you werent properly covered anyway if you claimed.

pablo

RMS Moderator
adding on a lot to a quote. (£300) so i went elsewhere.

as for insurance afaik you can cancel it anytime and walk away so I dont see how they can charge you unless you are making a claim or something.

linty264

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica GT
i didnt make any claims and paid in full and it was only when i went to renew the insurance a few weeks ago they double checked the details with me and i mentioned the 3 points i forgot to enter. so basically if id kept my bloody mouth shut they wouldnt have noticed.lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
they cant charge you for the prev year as if you had claimed they wouldnt have paid so why would you have to pay for no service?

Coleen

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a3
im insured wit zuriach .... when i went 2 claim all my mod's they only lifted it £50 happy days!!! n thats EVERYTHING claimed at the value that i paid 4 everything

pablo

RMS Moderator
pug106_chick said:
im insured wit zuriach .... when i went 2 claim all my mod's they only lifted it £50 happy days!!! n thats EVERYTHING claimed at the value that i paid 4 everything

any performance mods? They wouldnt allow me an air filter

Crimson Viper

Drives
Integra Type R D
ok well i'm with a company in donegal, called Birtton, its 1,800 euro fully comp, windscreen cover the lot and damage excess of 192.00 which is great.

And i got to ask, how in gods name do ye nearly all have points?
Do ye not know where the camera's are and soo on???

Porter

RMS Regular
not a case of knowing where the cameras are,

They are mainly the mobile van and tripod ones, so no one knows where they will pop up!!

Crimson Viper

Drives
Integra Type R D
hummm ok. I've ebign spotted by the guards with camera's for speeding many times, havent got any points. I always wave at them and keep going. Maybe i'm just lucky.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Hyundai_Coupe said:
hummm ok. I've ebign spotted by the guards with camera's for speeding many times, havent got any points. I always wave at them and keep going. Maybe i'm just lucky.

lol like your style

shae

would anybody know of any insurance companies who insure 17 year olds and also allow they to modifiy if possible :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.