Car overheating

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
Yea i can collect. Will drop you a pm.. maybe after work tomorrow but il let you know (y)

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
Going to change it tomorrow anyway since i have it lol

Car now ha the right amount of antifreeze etc and seems to be running sweet :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
I always thought that was the job of the core plugs - if the water freezes (and therefore expands) they popped out to relieve the pressure preventing the block from cracking and saving the engine.

Am I wrong?

when my 205 froze it didnt pop a core plug, it cracked the block where it meets the head. Core plug would have been sweet and easily sorted.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I always thought that was the job of the core plugs - if the water freezes (and therefore expands) they popped out to relieve the pressure preventing the block from cracking and saving the engine.

Am I wrong?

No, core plugs are there simply down to manufacturing process.

If when frozen one happens to pop out and that's all the damage done you are very lucky. But that certainly isnt why they are there.

Andy_Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
ibiza cupra 20vt
Happy days Andy mine thawed out too and is running sweet again filled with correct amount of ant freeze ect and my heater is actually working better than ever now lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.