Car Park Accident Advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Also have a bit of sympathy for a young driver i guess, we were all there once...
Agreed if this was a slow moving bump, but look at the damage, what speed was she doing to cause that? She couldn't see something the size of a bright red Clio when reversing what chance would a child or adult have had??

This was reckless driving in my opinion.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
wouldnt take a lot to do that, just reversing moderately and her bumper corner hit it square on id say. its not a volvo after all :p

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Honestly. your best bet is to just deal with this with as a business transaction. Yeah its a tough break for a young driver, but a lesson learned and *perhaps* they'll be more careful in future.

update, just had a quick glance at the other comments and her evasiveness etc. i continually hear of decent people trying to sort minor incidents out amicably to help out both parties and avoid insurance companies etc.. only for one party to attempt to turn round and screw the other party over. my wifes neighbour reversed in to my car while i was sitting, engine running in the street and while my wife was getting in to the car to drive to work. He just reversed out of his spot at speed without looking and hit the rear quarter about 2 feet behind the open door my wife was getting in to. Oh he played the incredibly embarrassed apologetic card big time and said he'd sort it. A week later his insurance company contacted me to say they were seeking damages to the other parties vehicle as i was illegally parked. Trust no one and never underestimate what people are prepared to do to wangle out of paying £££ for their mistakes.

anyone except a family member hits your car, turn it over to the insurance company and go to the best bodyshop possible.

Ge0rge

Banned
Did you get this sorted ? I have an 06 Clio extreme here 99k, service history and full mot from today...£995

IMG_20171003_123151.jpg

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
OP
StevenMc29
Got sorted! Insurance paid out more than I had asked for from the third party initially and didn't affect my premium. We'll it did increase it whilst the claim was open but Directline refunded me the difference once it was settled and it was agreed 3rd party was at fault.

As for a replacement, I've just moved house so money will probably go towards exciting things like blinds and carpets and then I'll save up for something quick and interesting in the new year.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.