caught with no insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
I was thinking of murdering someone, does anyone know how seriously the cops take this?

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
the cops take it pretty seriously. The other drivers on the road take it seriously as well. Why should we fork out for accidents caused by un insured drivers, and why should our policies suffer?

The cops will hopefully fine the offender, ban them from driving or jail them if there is an accident.

Other road users may not be so kind.

icemanclio

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza
three reasons why we pay a lot for insurance in Northern Ireland

1. Large numbers of cars stole here
2. Troubles years ago, bombings etc
3. Large amounts of payouts for insurance companys i.e. accidents etc

icemanclio

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza
well thats wat they say lol, hers something did u know that in some parts of england are money is not legal tender in some shop, particually supermarkets

stuarti

RMS Regular
icemanclio said:
well thats wat they say lol, hers something did u know that in some parts of england are money is not legal tender in some shop, particually supermarkets

what age are you?

icemanclio

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza
19, when u go to london the only legal tender in some shops is scotish and english, bank of england accept it cause its got the queens head on it therefor it is legel tender some shops do not regnise this

Jonny

RMS Regular
StupidBoy.png

...... (y)

aaron_m

RMS Regular
this is the same monkey who left his new car unlocked with cash in the glovebox....at yorkgate

ak89

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Bit of general knowledge for yas; the only legal tender in the UK is Bank of England sterling, northern irish notes aren't technically legal tender even in NI, it's just that everywhere accepts them here cos they're produced by our banks.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
icemanclio said:
hers something did u know that in some parts of england are money is not legal tender in some shop, particually supermarkets
.. and another fact is it perfectly legal to sniff glue but its not legal to sell it to under 16's.

tim

RMS Regular
here's a FACT for you. The english are a pack of w9nkers!

And Any NOTE from any bank!

Promising to pay the Bearer on demand ______ Pounds Sterling

IS LEGAL TENDER in any part of the UK INCLUDING THE MAINLAND

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
ak89 said:
Bit of general knowledge for yas; the only legal tender in the UK is Bank of England sterling, northern irish notes aren't technically legal tender even in NI, it's just that everywhere accepts them here cos they're produced by our banks.
Who told you that, your Skoda dealer? Did he tell you he was selling good cars as well?

The correct bit of general knowledge is that no bank notes AT ALL are legal tender in Northern Ireland, not even Bank of England notes. Any NI notes have to be 'guaranteed' by the Bank of England and are theoretically only cheques. Thats why they have the "I Promise To Pay The Bearer On Demand" statement printed on them. (y)

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
tim said:
here's a FACT for you. The english are a pack of w9nkers!

And Any NOTE from any bank!

Promising to pay the Bearer on demand ______ Pounds Sterling

IS LEGAL TENDER in any part of the UK INCLUDING THE MAINLAND
here's a FACT for you.... you are WRONG :party:

tim

RMS Regular
CapMan said:
here's a FACT for you.... you are WRONG :party:

explain to me why we accept english and scottish notes then?

bit of double standards tbh

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
tim said:
explain to me why we accept english and scottish notes then?

bit of double standards tbh
no need to explain, i've said in my previous post, the money is guaranteed/underwritten by the Bank Of England, hence the reason why its accepted here.

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
Ne 1 who hasnt got insurance and gets caught deserves everything they get in my book, i have to pay through the nose for insurance, so why should people who havent got insurance get away with it, i have no sympathy for uninsured drivers.

icemanclio

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza
bank of england notes and bank of scotland notes are accepted in england, in some cases in our note arn't accepted, becasuse they are not recongised in england reason why i said this went to harrods in london they siad they do not accept our notes cause they are not legal tender, yet bank of england accept them, i beleve any note with the queens head on it and the hologram should be accected as we are park of the uk

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
dear me, have i stumbled across "RMS financial myths" section?

the VAST majority of places in england/scotland etc will accept northern ireland notes these days, as long as they have "pounds stirling" printed on them, and are watermarked etc. I would head to the mainland quite often, and have never had a problem spending ulster notes....

We not thowing abuse at twats who dont pay for insurance anymore?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.