chainsaw

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

swervygerdy

RMS Regular
Hi Simon

What have you got in the way of saws with around an 18" bar?

My chaepo chineese one lay down but I did get 5 years out of it and I need a replacement.

Mostly used for cutting rings for the wood burner.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Hi Simon

What have you got in the way of saws with around an 18" bar?

My chaepo chineese one lay down but I did get 5 years out of it and I need a replacement.

Mostly used for cutting rings for the wood burner.

We have husqvarna and mitox. 18" is a reasonable size, you'd really want 45cc. A mitox cs45 would fit the bill....

Mitox CS45 Select Chainsaw

You can also go up to 50 or 56cc.

Husqvarna do their standard 38 and 41cc but they've a shorter bar, they're £159 but to go up to 18" you are in to the Sweden built pro saw's over £400.

All in stock plus a full range of ppe/oils/chains/files etc etc! May have a couple of used machines I can check that too.

swervygerdy

RMS Regular
OP
swervygerdy
Mitox sounds good - I have one of their strimmers from you too - I'm all about continuity, keeps the tool shed looking good. If you come across any decent used machines sure let me know.

What type of money is on the mitox saws and when are you open again?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Mitox sounds good - I have one of their strimmers from you too - I'm all about continuity, keeps the tool shed looking good. If you come across any decent used machines sure let me know.

What type of money is on the mitox saws and when are you open again?

Back open again on Tuesday! £160 will put you into a new one of a decent size.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Simon, I have a 14" stihl saw here, great job but is lacking in power sometimes

What would you have in used stock, along the lines of the OP's requirements, 18"+bar and gutsy

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Simon, I have a 14" stihl saw here, great job but is lacking in power sometimes

What would you have in used stock, along the lines of the OP's requirements, 18"+bar and gutsy

Prob not a massive amount in used tbh, very difficult to get something good that we'd stand behind. I'll check with the workshop on Tuesday. Plenty of new huskys that would be right up your street however :p

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What wee 2nd hand says do you have in Simon? Something cheap...

Would like one to keep in the back of the lorry. A few sites I deliver to are overgrown as frig and I don't want to scrape the life out of my lorry when it comes back from paint

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
What wee 2nd hand says do you have in Simon? Something cheap...

Would like one to keep in the back of the lorry. A few sites I deliver to are overgrown as frig and I don't want to scrape the life out of my lorry when it comes back from paint

I know I have a couple of fresh 14/15" husqvarna saws for around £100 with a service. Anything other than that I'll check Tuesday (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Prob not a massive amount in used tbh, very difficult to get something good that we'd stand behind. I'll check with the workshop on Tuesday. Plenty of new huskys that would be right up your street however :p
Would love to but couldn't justify new for a second chainsaw atm.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Only one larger used in stock, 50cc mitox, 20" bar, around 18 months old, very clean £120.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Looking a chainsaw for cutting up a few bits of wood for my stove so won't be used much or too often.
Seen a new Husqvarna 236 14inch on eBay from a trader for £129 but not sure if its a good deal.
Anyone any info on what i should go for ?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Looking a chainsaw for cutting up a few bits of wood for my stove so won't be used much or too often.
Seen a new Husqvarna 236 14inch on eBay from a trader for £129 but not sure if its a good deal.
Anyone any info on what i should go for ?

Our standard price on 236 is £139, I can do £129, you'll pay a tenner carriage so it's a decent deal from us plus you've a 2 year warranty for any saw bought local. Plenty in stock!

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Ok thanks lightning. Im in Tyrone. Where are you?
What chainsaw is best for me considering it won't be used much and when it is is will just be cutting firewood?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Ok thanks lightning. Im in Tyrone. Where are you?
What chainsaw is best for me considering it won't be used much and when it is is will just be cutting firewood?

The 236 is hard to beat for value. The next one up is £195 and is the same 14" bar. We're in Glenavy but no charge for delivery.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Hi @lightning Was hoping to call in tonight and pick up a chainsaw, likely Husky. You guys good for stock etc at the minute?

Perhaps a bit late replying now, but from what I've seen any time I'm up there, there's always a fantastic range of chainsaws. If anything, the range has got bigger.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.