choosing a new car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
wee_neiler said:
So the Polo that has the 130PD TDI is pants, even though its the same lump as the VRS Fabia? What about the up and comming 1.8 T Polo GTI comming soon too :p?

Bantering aside, I would partially agree with what you said ZS.

Ah, didn't know they put the PD in the Polo. As I said, it's been a while since I looked. :grinning:

ossy2004 said:
no ZS im thinkin of the newest astra...does those 5spokes rims with the sxi or just sri!?!

Nah, the SXI comes with the 16s with the funny round snowflake sort of effect. Ugly things in my opinion. +o( Though the decent rims are available as an option I think. The 5-spokes are standard on the SRi.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
drove fiesta in learning how to drive and was good wee car.

i havent actually put to much thought into this at the min but would like a small-med car like astra/ibiza mk3 size

would love a sri new style astra...be too expensive though. for certain cars its bigger deposits what i know off, think insurance is grand when it comes to DLA cars!

u think id be better with a derv or petrol if i did choose a car that had an option?

@paccers - wats the story of insurance in this game as i am 19 and ncb as i wil be only driving first car ya know!

all bit confusing...need to find more info out on this...thats why i obviously posted here (y)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
although have noticed and also say above....new astras are supposely really good on the insurance though, but SRI is takin the biscuit id recon. why can i not get a MG?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
IMO you have to do the miles for derv to benefit you. To make a note I have got 50MPG out of a tank on my 1.4 petrol Fez... but then being stuck in traffic to and from work, I havent seen that figure in a while. Though if your going for a sporty petrol im sure the derv would work out better.

What I would do is lay the options out for yourself and see what you would go for, just a rough idea. Then go for a trip round the dealers to get more info and have a look at the cars. That helps you make a decision without a doubt.

As a first car you maybe better going for something smaller, nippier and easier to drive?

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
ossy2004 said:
why can i not get a MG?
Well i'm pretty sure MG went bust so obviously you won'y be able to apply for the Motability scheme through them if they don't exist...

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
ossy2004 said:
i havent actually put to much thought into this at the min but would like a small-med car like astra/ibiza mk3 size
You can't get a SEAT either as i don't think they do Motability.

@paccers - wats the story of insurance in this game as i am 19 and ncb as i wil be only driving first car ya know!

all bit confusing...need to find more info out on this...thats why i obviously posted here (y)
Doesn't matter if you have 10 years NCB or none as its not insurance in your name. They ask for an extra insurance premium for young drivers or those with convictions, they also limit the cars that you can be accepted on.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
ba5tards! lol

so SEAT and MG might defo be out of the question! hmmm wat bout audi a3? these are only possible opinion in cars i like..and from what im readin in your replyin its helping narrow it down. thanks btw!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Edited!!

so far....

Renault Megane - ??
307 - liking the idea
MG - maybe no good
SEAT - dont do Motability
Ford fiesta - maybe (but its a ford)
A3 - dont do Motability
*New Astra* - ? would applyin on a SRI be having a joke or what? look amazing. or could i get SXI and pay more money for SRI wheels!? lol

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
scrob said:
Would the DLA not question an elderly man getting the likes of a hot hatch and having his grandson on the insurance?

What about a 307 HDi or something? Low insurance, nippy, easy on juice.. My old 306 was an ex-DLA car and was a great wee machine in its day!

was also thinkin of the 307, but would consider older version rather that new one fronts messed up IMO. :relieved:

ats engine and BHP in 307HDI? ruffly

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
SRi is nearly £2k deposit for the 3 door, quite a lot for a car that you will never own...

You can buy the SRi wheels from vauxhall but knowing them they will be the guts of £1000 and it still won't make your car look like an SRi so i don't see the point myself....

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
is it not totally different...when payin depoisits for Motabilty... £2k is a joke..! rims are better lookin that the SXI dont care if its not a SRI repical just as it has KINA standard rims and looks apart.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
err, no its about £1700 for an SRi on Motabilty, i have the price list here somewhere.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
FULL FAKE THAT WILL. wat other cars/ prices does it show caplad? appricate the advice btw(y)

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Don't bother with the 307 - they're an out of date pile of dung. They were old and crap when they came out. Oh, and the wiring is a total nightmare in them too.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
so wat other cars then? everyone is gona say something bad in what car i get neways as itl not be everyones taste! i dont really care bout wiring in 307, itl not affect me as i aint touchin much wires unless im puttin sub in to her

Neil_M

RMS Regular
ossy, noone is saying you have to touch the wiring for it to go wrong.. thats the point.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
lmao ahhh riteee! my mistake sorry!! lol neone knows wat cars are no dospoit in al at the min...

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
they dont seem to do any diesels??????? whys this? because disabled people shouldnt need to go long distance or something and petrol shal do. thats ****

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.