Civil Enforcement Ltd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Just wondering if anyone has or hasnt paid a parking fine from Civil Enforcement Ltd, and what happened? Cheers.

soupz

RMS Regular
OP
soupz
Drives
Boxster S
Some company with an address in Liverpool. Demanding i pay a 90 quid parking fine, or threatening me with a warrant for bailiffs to recover the amount due plus all other fees. Also states that i will have bother in the future trying to obtain credit. All seems a bit much TBH considering i cant even remember parking there. Although it could have been someone else using my car. They've also spelt my first name wrong.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are no baillifs here. CCJ's dont exist here, and from the two posts above, they dont seem to have any actuals powers anyway.

In short....just ignore it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good reading that Stevieturbo (y)

In short they seem to start by asking the company to prove who the driver was and shortly after that the company backs down.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
problem with all of these places. They rely on their victim interacting with them. Then admitting they didnt something wrong, and then they will usually pay up when threats are mentioned, like court etc.

Same applies to the M50 toll, they try similar tactics. But if you ask them...they too will admit they can do sweet FA to get teh money from you as they have no powers.

It's yet another extortion racket.

avo5021

RMS Regular
I like the money saving expert website, very handy when it comes to companies dealing with credit stuff.. a friend of mine was receiving endless amounts of letters demanding money for telephone contracts that she had never taken out, sent a couple of letters copied from Martin Lewis's site and tbf have never heard anything back... We asked them for proof of her taking out the contracts ie where when etc etc

soupz

RMS Regular
OP
soupz
Drives
Boxster S
Thanks for the replys guys. They apparently have proof but i have to pay them a tenner for the privilege of seeing it! Therefore making it a 100 quid fine. It's dated for the start of September, but to be honest i can't remember where i parked last week let alone 2 months ago... And as said, theres a couple of people who use my car from time to time so it could have been anyone.

Should i just ignore it then, or should i make some sort of contact with them? Theres no email address on the letter so bit of a hassle posting.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ignore, they are just gangsters.

And for them to have the cheek of asking money for them to provide proof.....that's as bad as the normal legal system !!

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
To bump this up, I have the same letter, but I remember getting the ticket and just didn't pay the fine. It was from a regular traffic warden on the street. I know it's the old story but I was 2 minutes max as I had run into the shop, was in no way dangerously or inconsideratly parked. Was driving with the lwb van and trailor which makes it impossible to get parked anywhere in a built up area but howenever. Point is I never paid it and got the same letter and hadn't intended on paying up either. Think I'll just ignore it and hope it goes away like unpaid sorn fines.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.