Club GTi Track Day, 17th Oct @ Kirkistown

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Well folks who is heading down to Kirkistown on the 17th for the Club GTi track day. I'll be there, but no track car to take to it :cry:

Andy

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
do you need to ask me ? will be down with Mrs Curry for a while until she gets bored.

veedubboy

RMS Regular
When was the big day Graham LOL or are you bringing your mammy down PMSL

Details of track day to follow

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
:p naw mammy will be in england so bringing karen down as she's at mine at weekend !

veedubboy

RMS Regular
Club GTI NI Region TRACK DAY at Kirkistown Race Circuit
on Sunday 17th October 2004 from 10am (gates open at 9.30am)to 5pm

Enjoy the thrills and the hopefully not the spills of putting your car around one of Irelands best race circuits.
As always, full safety provisions are provided, along with hot and cold food.All entrants must wear a helmet on track

¼ mile sprint event will be held!

Price on Track:…….£50 per car(£40 pps sharing)
¼ mile sprint…………..£5 for 2 runs
Entry Fee:……..£2 For further details:

Tel: Nigel- 07876653514 or www.clubgti-ni.com/forum

Be early to avoid disappointment of not getting onto the track!!!

THIS IS THE LAST TRACK DAY OF THE SEASON!!!

See you all there!!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Nigel I didnt mind on the charity day, but I dispute paying a £2 entry fee aswell as the £50 track fee. Its rippin the piss my friend! lol

ANDYBL4IR

RMS Regular
I will be there, but why is it that it costs £50 for a car but if you have two drivers it will cost £80. Surely there will only ever be one of these drivers on the track at once in the same car?

Should it not just be a price per car because the car will come in from the track and line up again for the next driver or the same driver?

veedubboy

RMS Regular
@RMS CLKTrack skills is £100 for a day on a short track, mondello is £130...think ours is bloody good value....we mostly make a loss at these things chum....we put them on for the benefit of motorsport enthusiasts.
I u only knew what running costs were like for these things you wouldnt have posted that:
Insurance
Track hire(tripled in past year)
Ambulance HIre
MArshall HIre

These things dont come cheap...wtf is £2 anyway...it is to cover spectators more than anything

@Andy ...insurance is on a per person basis thats why its dearer

Critisism, critisism, critisism .... guess we should stop doing these and let others organise them...... oh thats right most who do have stopped as it is not financially viable!!!!

GJD

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
The GTi track days are deffo the best value for money,the best organised and the best criac!!!!! see ya's all there!!! ;)

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
veedubboy said:
@RMS CLKTrack skills is £100 for a day on a short track, mondello is £130...think ours is bloody good value....we mostly make a loss at these things chum....we put them on for the benefit of motorsport enthusiasts.
I u only knew what running costs were like for these things you wouldnt have posted that:
Insurance
Track hire(tripled in past year)
Ambulance HIre
MArshall HIre

These things dont come cheap...wtf is £2 anyway...it is to cover spectators more than anything

@Andy ...insurance is on a per person basis thats why its dearer

Critisism, critisism, critisism .... guess we should stop doing these and let others organise them...... oh thats right most who do have stopped as it is not financially viable!!!!
Easy Tiger!!! lol Hope 2 c u there!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Lads its not cheap at all, I've had this gripe before. Nutts corner spoilt us with its cheap private hire fees, and as nigel says, club gti is much cheaper than any other track day going. Though trackskills have lowered their price to £70.

Hope to be there if not driving at least spectating.

Andy

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i dont care it is worth saving the old licence

will be there for defo

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
[quote="gerard

yip especially need them now!!!

i ll be down c u all there![/quote]

i will see u there dont know if i am bring the gsi yet (if the mrs will lend me it )wanna bring the gte

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I have now acquired a vehicle for the track day. So bring it on :laughing:

Andy

Si VWW

RMS Member
Looking forward to another good day guys....

A point on the Nutts corner thing.... Correct that they used to have cheap track hire costs, but one or two points to ponder on....

Nutts Corner is a smaller track ( alothough still great fun to drive on )

Nutts corner ended up becoming untidy due to a lot of people going there solely to arse around and drive wrecklessly on the track.... ( have heard and seen a lot of negative feedback on the topic )

Im not meaning this to come across in a negative way..... im just stating a few facts in the hope that some will appreciate what goes into organising such an event to the standards that we ensure... We aim to run our track days to the quality, safety and specification that you find at trackdays across the water at the likes of Silverstone and Brands... and have you ever seen how much it costs to go on those tracks for a day?

It frustrates me deeply the way people criticise the fact we charge £50 to get a car on track....

Look back to when we started doing track days 4 years ago.... we charged £40 per car back then.... at the same time, other organisations and clubs charged £50/£60 a time.

4 years later, we still manage to keep the costs of trackdays to nearly the same price as 4 years ago, even though costs have risen dramatically and Government and Insurance companies stipulate so many regulations and guidelines, it is an ongoing battle to keep the Track-days going in Northen Ireland!!!! Other organisations and tracks charge much more....

£50 is nothing to pay to put your car on one of Northern irelands best tracks, under the utmost safety of our marshals.... ambulance, and our organisation! I pay my £50 EVERY time!!! and manys a time i dont get any more than 5 or 6 laps all day as im always running about making sure that everyone has the most enjoyable and SAFE day as possible....

So come on some of you guys.... cut a bit of slack and appreciate that you are able to enjoy such days at such a good price! I can tell you now, in a year or twos time, there will be even less track daysabout the place due to ever incresed regulations and extorsionate insurance costs... we should appreciate what we have the opportunity to do... 8) Those who know what its like to organise an event such as this will be able to back me up on what i say.

We could just as easily hang up our coats, and attend other clubs track days, and get out on the track ourselves for a bit of fun..... but personally, i love organising the things... and get a buzz that so many people can get the chance to go out on track and experiance the buzz and enjoyment of putting your road car or track car out on track.... Isnt it the best craic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyways... looking forward to seeing yas there.... hope yas have a good days craic, and if ya do put your car on track or up the 1/4 mile.... have fun :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.