Comfy Cruiser

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I am considering swapping the Passat for something else for a wee change.

I am looking for a comfy cruiser with a bit of get up and go. Not overly concerned whether it is petrol or diesel as long as it isn’t stupidly thirsty. I will consider any body style (hatch/estate/saloon). Needs to be in decent condition and running well. Long MOT is a bonus.

Budget is £1k-£1.5k.

Anybody have anything which fits the bill?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
E39 5-series.

There are a couple on Facebook marketplace well within budget. A blue 530d and a silver coloured 525i.

Bulletproof and will go forever!

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
E39 5-series.

There are a couple on Facebook marketplace well within budget. A blue 530d and a silver coloured 525i.

Bulletproof and will go forever!
Marketplace hurts my head but I’ll take a look :joy:(y)

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What are you replacing the Golf with?
Me? Nothing. We are keeping the A6 and just having a cheap runaround. I’ll get an M3 after the wedding.

I’d of taken the E39 at that money :weary_face:

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
I’m looking something to run to work and back. How long is the mot? Looks clean in the pictures.

Actually for that money i’d take it off your hands! Have a deal? :grinning:

I can vouch for that E39, a good friend owned it for years before Fred. Really looked after it and gave it anything it needed!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
image.jpg
I did mention back tyre was to the wire? :joy::joy:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.