Coogs multifaceted fleet

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Green again. I think it goes with the interior colour best, plus it'll be easier to match the door shuts, etc that didn't get any lilac first time round lol :scream:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Used to own this car had all the right wee bits on it when i had it and had the Cleanest set of standard wheels i had ever seen on it diff in it was terrible tho all depends what you would be wanting to do with it id weld the diff tho or upgrade to a 1.8 torsion diff Where did the spoiler go :eek: ?

That first pic is it sitting in my mates driveway :grinning:

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
Don't think so. It won't exactly be getting a £1000 bare metal restoration. It'll be something plain that can be easily touched up.

Spoiler is in last pic, just needs to be fitted. Tried the diff on Saturday and thought it felt a bit rubbish but wasn't sure. I'll get it on the road first and then see about sorting it.... I can assure you of one thing though, it won't be getting welded lol. It looks soooo much better green.

I think it looked the part with the spoiler on it mate :grinning: for sure that diff is only good for the bin doesant work at all lol torsion diff set up ur talking best part of £350 but would be well spent

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Oh aye the spoiler will go back on it.

As for the diff, I've other things to sort first then I'll move onto it :laughing:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
No it's going green. Landrover style lol

johnm

RMS Regular
Ahh right like

index.php

Only in green .... :p

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Been stripping and checking and rectifying a lot of previous cack handedness. Some surface rust here and there but solid thank goodness. Have spent the past few weeks prepping the paint and drilling and tapping loads of snapped bolts and fitting a new radiator. Front end has also had a dig at some stage so have been fannying about with that to get it into decent straight shape. It's not going to be mint but it'll be solid and easily repaired.

Paint arrived too so hopefully by the end of the year it'll look a bit better. I'll probably red oxide (at least) the inner arches before reassembling to keep the old rot at bay and it'll get properly undersealed too.

IMAG0505.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg

RCT

RMS Regular
If your having lots of bother with snapping bolts etc, get yourself a small set of burner bottles. I have a set from a Motorfactor and they are handy stored and do a good job of heating a bolt. You can get refills handy enough too.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yeah I have a wee burner for this exact reason. Unfortunately it's not me that broke them and I'm finding snapped bolt heads as I work through the car. Ordered a lot of nice stainless bolts last week to replace them all. Bit of a pain but handy enough sorted I suppose.

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
That car was always solid.. I think was put under the back of a 4x4 at some stage explains the front end damage

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
That'd explain the damage exactly actually. Couldn't figure out how the bumper bar, etc seemed to be OK but the upper part of the metal work was squashed down and the rad had been changed too (with a 2nd hand one). In better shape now so hopefully it aligns nicely when I get it bolted up!

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
i sold the guy the Radiator maybe a year and a half a go and then bought the car of him last november the new radiator was fine what was wrong with it?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
i sold the guy the Radiator maybe a year and a half a go and then bought the car of him last november the new radiator was fine what was wrong with it?

Split the whole way across the top seam where the plastic meets the metal of the rad. A new one came with the car so was just a case of sticking it in.

the UAC are running the "Its Not The Boxing Day Rally" on the 27th december dude.

Still a few places left, but there is a wild amount of entries coming in since the Magherafelt one, so you would need to be quick.

http://www.ulsterautomobileclub.com/?p=1335

Dammit... too early mate. It won't be ready till February at this rate plus I'm also trying to sort a completely fooked MGF out lol.

Coog these brakes still have yor name on them...

I know dude. I'm spreading funds among 5 other cars at the minute so the budget is hammered plus the eunos needs an exhaust and more than likely new suspension too lol. I'll give you a shout in next month or two if you still have them.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Red oxiding has begun. Working round the car removing as much loose stuff as I can followed by kurust and then a spot of Bonda on over the top once cured. Rust has been very minimal so far so I've been going after common areas and traps. I'll do a couple of coats then something over the top. Not sure what yet, maybe just the paint I'll be using all over the body.

IMAG0511.jpg

Also got a new handbrake handle (on the left) in raw format lol

IMAG0510.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
sorry an't text'd you yet mate, ain't forgotten, just been working late recently. will do it tonight for you

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Coog, 3M make an underseal type product, which is hardcore as f**k but you need to strip back to bare metal and then etch prime and apply this stuff to the etch primer and leave it for a few days. Now I am not saying it makes the thing bullet proof, but the underside of all our cars is just a bubble bath away from looking pretty similar to how it rolled out of the paintshop