Coolnights Swords 2010

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Thanks Brian.

We put a lot of thought and effort into all the coolnights stand but this years we went all out. Every detail was thought of and we a spent weeks deliberating over everything from start to finish.

Unfortunately I fear show politics reared it's ugly head again. This is in no way against BCS, they were the only other stand that made an effort and didn't rely on the organisers input into the UV.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Best UV display
8ae5ec54.jpg

5bc1e9f9.jpg

858af080.jpg

3f438a28.jpg
no real design difference in them cars

loliver

RMS Regular
OP
loliver
Drives
nurburgring 223
we had no blacklights down our end of the hall at all. We had the uv tape, spider webs and uv skulls but none of it would light up. All the black lights wer to one end of the hall. not impressed at all. It was the worst organised show ive seen in a long time.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
would you all stop crying about the cars and there design fs :p we won end of you werent the judge noting no one can do simple...

im really ****ed about about the show and the way it was run... cars being damaged etc

at most of all the "prize money" that hasnt been seen yet! for one person who put alot into this stand of ours could do with it the most after all UV lights arent cheap at all.

heatwave wasnt good at all now coolnights was worse! think next year there will be no one from the north heading down after this was a fail!

and laura seen your stand it was a shame that they didnt out the lights in at are end for your stand it woulda been nice!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Dub Shed has been the show of the year for me so far over here (only one I have been to apart from GTI at Castlewellan)

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Thanks Brian.

We put a lot of thought and effort into all the coolnights stand but this years we went all out. Every detail was thought of and we a spent weeks deliberating over everything from start to finish.

Unfortunately I fear show politics reared it's ugly head again. This is in no way against BCS, they were the only other stand that made an effort and didn't rely on the organisers input into the UV.

I'm just being a nosey barstool but could you elaborate on the 'show politics' you speak of Rocko?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Without sounding like Im being bitter (which I am by the way, terribly), the Showerks members are all ex BangorCruise members.

As Bangorcruise we won that show 3 years in a row, each year improving and tweaking the idea, adding bits, changing bits, switching up the cars.

Then we arrive as Showerks, put on our best stand to date by a mile, and don't get a look in for either best UV or best website despite drawing crowds the whole day, every one of them saying we had it in the bag, including a prominent member of Modified Motors.

Again, trying not to sound bitter, we couldnt have won that show if we'd turned up with UV airbrushed hover cars. Taking nothing away from the BCS effort, I believe we didnt win in order for the organisers to show other stands at the show that we were "beatable" as in previous years, and I quote "BangorCruise had their stand, the rest of us just attended".

But no doubt, this will be considered sour grapes. It just stings a bit when you pour hundreds of pounds into a stand, and personally, over 4 weeks of my spare time, not counting the rest of the guys only to get bypassed for what we feel has happened in our past.

DC52TES

RMS Regular
When we attended under "bangorcruise" we won 3 years in a row... we walked from bangorcruise as we wernt happy with the take over and new ownership of the site and then "Sho'Werks" arrived. We have been told and there is a serious amount of talk about this on all forums north and south they didnt give it to us for the reason that if we had won 4th year in a row people would stop trying and no one would attend, in my eyes that is utter ****e, u put the work, money and time in and u should win if u deserve it! u win the f1 3 years in a row do they stop u winning? or football? no!!

but again congrats to BCS. There was 2 stands in the hole place who stood out, Sho'Werks and BCS

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
From being on the RMS stand and doing the big shows in 2009 i totally agree with the politics side of things.

Kirsty2504

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta
I know there is alot going on about this who should of won best trophy etc...

But the main issue is that Sho' Werks and BCS put in the most amount of work into the stands and that was clearly recognised by the public from the crowds that both stands pulled in.

And the whole everything has to be uv/glow in the dark idea clearly didnt work as these UV floodlights the organisers arranged where abit piss to say the least

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I really really dont see the point in all the effort for this show and heatwave.

Have been to both twice and thought they were complete tripe, even had the organisers trying to force us to stay with the cars when the crowds began to deminish. **** that!!! If i want to go, i am going, but I also had 20 big american car owners behind me queueing to get out, so their attempts were short lived.

Over priced, under attended, and poorly organised/promoted. Not what I want to be a part of.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
Yeh the 2 best stands by a far far way were BCS and showerks. I personally think showerks stand looked awesome.alot of effort and detail put into it, congrats on it. But also think ours was great too and was happy with how it looked. Well done to all

Storm

Banned
heres an outsiders perspective on the result:

i think the reason sho werks didnt win is not due to having an inferior stand (because they clearly had the best stand there) but its due to the amount of bitching and bragging that sho werks was the creator of the uv theme.

id been watching the progression of the threads and peoples reaction to the talk of the show being uv based and one thing that all the sho werks guys have in common is that they all talked about how the uv thing was originally done by them and it even goes as far as to be a prominent feature of the stand with the big sign saying "we are sho werks and uv was our idea". if i had been the organisers of this show and been reading those posts and then been confronted by that sign id have been well fecked off and you sure as hell wouldnt have won a damn thing.

imho sho werks had easily the best stand there but you didnt do yourselves any favours with your comments and actions. this isnt a personal attack on anyone so please take it the way it is intended, its a bit of advice from someone a little older and wiser to the ways of the world.

if you had taken the "copying" of the uv idea as a compliment instead of a theft of an original idea (immitation is the sincerest form of flattery) and went into the show with humble hearts and your heads bowed you would have not only won the show but you would have came out of it complimented, respected and the bigger men for it.

again, this isnt intended to single anyone out, its just my observations and i hope you can take on board what iv said and that it will do you well for the future.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
We did actually, and the organisers liked us for it, using Jims Supra from last year as the main car on the poster.

All the "bragging" was essentially done in jest, but I do understand where it could have been viewed differently.

But to be fair, UV was our idea. This is the first year anyone has copied the idea, and that was because they made it a UV show.

Prizes should be allocated on stands, not the attitudes behind them. Any else, isnt fair competition.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Something is created and always adapted or made better, the inventor doesn't come along and complain about it does he. It's a way of life and I agree with what storm cloud is saying.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Fair enough point storm but one small comment.

Microsoft are currently running a large ad campaign featuring the slogan 'hi my name is xxx and windows 7 was my idea'

Now showerks took this idea and turned it into a sign complete with an altered windows logo. This was not a big up yours to the organisers but a witty play on a current advertisement.

And in truth coolnights was not a uv show until bangorcruise done it.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Did you read either posts?

Or are you just posting for the sake of it, something you are spectacularly fond of.

2006 - We do UV, no one else does - we win.
2007 - We do UV, no one else does - we win
2008 - We do UV, no one else does - we win
2009 - No show
2010 - Organisers make UV compulsory for all inside stands.

We are showerks, and UV was our idea was namely a joke.

Storm

Banned
Microsoft are currently running a large ad campaign featuring the slogan 'hi my name is xxx and windows 7 was my idea'

yeah i fully understand the idea behind the sign and i got it straight away but i thought it was a little in bad taste

with the amount of talk there had been on this forum already about coolnights stealing the idea for uv and sho werks having had done it all first i just thought it appeared like the ultimate "sticking 2 fingers up" to the organisers of coolnights
basically saying well we did it all years ago and you are only getting round to it now

im sure in your heads it was a great idea and a bit of a laugh but obviously the coolnights organisers have looked upon it a bit differently and unfortunately sho werks has paid the price by not winning the prize they deserved

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.