Corolla WRC Model !

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
After 6 months searching for this rare 1/10th scale tamiya old skool with front mount engine and belt drive RC car it was down to the mate at www.gingapaint.co.uk for a paint job and tints, then up to M-Tec Graphics for the decals so many thanks to all and not long finished applying the graphix and i'm chuffed to bits with her. Few wee things still to do, like trim the arches with dremmel etc (came cut badly) and get the bonnet pins cut and onto it plus i think the rally ireland door number but nearly there :laughing:

what you's think ?

ed1.jpg

ed2.jpg

ed3.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Does look well Graham. I assume the graphics were made up especially?

Put some thoughts in my head now!

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
aye stickers where done to order from the lad that does the 1:1 car and **** off mcglaughin, the bubbles are in yer buns :p

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
after 6 months hunting managed to find it on ebay :laughing: hens teeth and £40 posted from USa for a shell if you can find anyone that has one in old stock

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
lol... ya... YOU searched hard for it... lol!!!

Glad to see it's finally sorted mate. looks mint. When did it get signed?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
;) well now i did but you found it :p i left it with the chap that done the stickers for a month and she wqas signed a few weeks back !

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Looks great Graham. All you have to do now is paint it red and offer it to Andy for crazy money :p

Gaz

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
suppose i could have just read the date on it.... lol!!

those interested, these are fast becoming like the holy grail. Tamiya don't do big runs of any of the touring/rally cars, and these were particularly short in the day due to the chassis being unique and not well liked by the racing fraternity, but it was the only chassis that carried the 'rolla WRC shell... typical!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I have got one of these tamaya WRC cars with no stickers but I am not sure wot scale it is if anyone is interested PM me. Ill take you on the back road graham when you get the real thing.

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
That's unreal looking G, top job (y)

What did Eugene think of it when you asked him to sign it?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
the graphix were not on it when hesigned it and was with the lad that done the decals !

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
suppose if anyone wants one of these sourced/built/painted best to drop me a PM, but have you're chequebook ready! G's wasn't cheap, and they're not getting cheaper!! lol.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
that shell wont be used no so a scrap shell is required !

Ryan

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra XP
Bit off topic here, but see the way to order a new bodyshell... it asks is your car a 190mm chassis or 200mm chassis, how do you tell? is it the wheelbase?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
ring renniks model shop and ask for chris ! 02838 330 555

Twain

RMS Regular
Most 1/10th scale cars need 190mm shells unless you are running wider wheels or want a race shell i believe. Some 200mm shells will make your wheels look too far in. What shell are you looking at, ive owned a few tamiya touring cars and have browsed through nearly every shell out there.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
the measurement is track width, ie the outside of the left tyre, to the outside of the right tyre. Typically electric cars will be 190mm, and nitro 200mm, but there are some exceptions, namely Tamiya TG series (aka XBG) and the kyosho "pure 10" "alpha" and "mantis" range of cars.

you can run 200mm bodies on 1900mm cars with offset wheels (hpi are now doing 6mm offset wheels for thier vintage range) or, normal, 2mm offset wheels with spacers. However, this will have a negative effect on handling.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.